• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is coaching!

willthepureshooter

I dont think we are purposely abandoning our ball movement on offense. Teams have game planned and have scouted our plays and we are struggling to break down and create any separation from the the defense which leads to very stagnant offense. 

Edit: the 1 thing I will give Bud heat for is his head scratching rotations

Teams have been playing much better defense against us since the all star break.  I thought Bud did a good job rotating players through the regular season to limit starters minutes but injuries have caught up with a few of them.  Hawks aren't built around a dominate player so when 2 or 3 are knicked up this engine appears to fall apart quickly. Teague looks like he is just plain tired from the season and is struggling to give us a complete game.  Honestly unless he's playing at a high level Bud's system isn't going to work in playoffs.  We don't have a big body to rebound or play solid defense in the paint so all these missed shots are killing us on both ends. Dennis doesn't have the experience or skill set to run Buds system even if he has the energy.  Hopefully we can win one in Cleveland but this team will need alot of roster work this offseason to keep building.  Clevelands GM make some great pickups midseason and it has payed off for them.  We're getting smoked by a Cleveland team without Irving or Love. 

• Like 1

I don't understand the defensive strategy that Bud is employing so that's on Bud.

But Bud isn't missing WIDE open shots and layups, that's on the players, having 2 assists in the 2nd half, that's on the players. Our offense has been a major problem.

I am a huge Bud supporter.  He may already be the best coach we've ever had.  But, the fact that he blindly continues to play Antić and gives him his full support is his biggest detriment.   Bud has his flaws and we need to acknowledge that.  

• Like 1

i mentioned this over -collapsing, over-helping, style of defense during the nets series. I think that we have this scheme because we have an extremely undersized frontcourt with no rim protection. I know horford can block some shots but he isnt strong enough to stop a force like lebron james at the rim.

Don't tell these posters we don't have the personnel. We are just barely above the frauds we were in the Joe era. 

Shades of 

Lebron>>>Us

I dont think we are purposely abandoning our ball movement on offense. Teams have game planned and have scouted our plays and we are struggling to break down and create any separation from the the defense which leads to very stagnant offense. 

Edit: the 1 thing I will give Bud heat for is his head scratching rotations

We need more talent. It's that simple. We maxed this team out. 

• Like 2

Shades of

Dude, that hurts. And it does feel like that a bit.

But you can choose to be positive or choose to be negative about the future. I'm a realist in that I think it's unlikely we can get a comeback in the series, but there's still a chance. So I might as well think Bud will figure something out and we can still get this.

Edited by hawksfanatic

These banged-up Hawks are more and more showing why the biggest reason to have a "superstar player" or an elite rim protector this time of the year, is that team basketball, ball-movement etc, only gets going when you have a core of players who have the mental and physical speed to play that game.

To many guys banged up. Does the coach IMO make mistakes. Yes, and all coaches do. Bud will get better after this sophomore, maybe still championship year.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

This is coaching.

It makes no sense to double Lebron or to shade players his way.  Let's let Lebron go one on one with somebody and keep these other guys out of it.

More than Lebron, we're getting beat by Thompson.  He's killing us on the boards.

So here's my remedy:

Lineup:  Teague, Korver, Scott, Sap, Horf.

No Switches. Let Lebron play Scott head to head. Scott is not a great defender, but he's tall.  Everybody else stick to their man.  Right now, we're doing what others have done... trying to double Lebron and giving him holes in the defense.

• Like 3

This is coaching.

It makes no sense to double Lebron or to shade players his way.  Let's let Lebron go one on one with somebody and keep these other guys out of it.

More than Lebron, we're getting beat by Thompson.  He's killing us on the boards.

So here's my remedy:

No Switches. Let Lebron play Scott head to head. Scott is not a great defender, but he's tall.  Everybody else stick to their man.  Right now, we're doing what others have done... trying to double Lebron and giving him holes in the defense.

mjlol.png

• Like 2

This is coaching.

So here's my remedy:

I don't think defense is the problem.  It's not like they are shooting crazy percentages.  We played great D in game 1, JR Smith just couldn't miss.  They only shot 43% last night.

The problem is offense.  We just can't score against this team.

Edited by AtLaS
  • Like 1

I rather let Lebron beat me than let him get everyone else involved. Do you remember the strategy Woody had against Dwight in the first round of the playoffs a couple years back? We let him score all he wanted in the post but we locked down every other player for the Magic. And we shocked the world by defeating them.

Hand down.. Man down..

Riiiight so NOBODY on this message board of Die Hard Hawks fans is going to acknowledge the fact that it was actually Larry Drew who implemented this strategy where we beat the Magic in the first round not Woody. Even worse is that it was Woody whose terrible coaching lead us the worst 4 game sweep point differential in the history of the NBA against the Magic the year before Larry Drew took the same talent and pretty much subbed Jason Collins for Zaza and beat the Magic.

Nope we all missed that one huh? Okay carry on. Continue your Bud bashing

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 2