• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Delly from a Cavs fan perspective

WeiWang

Dellavedova was moving backwards because Horford was pulling him in that direction. That's the smoking gun. As seen in the still shot I uploaded, Horford held him hip to hip, which is why they bumped when he landed -- he had nowhere to go but into Horford. The only reason he lost his balance is because Horford pulled him over Carroll, which is why he's not at fault here and also why he wasn't suspended by the NBA.

To suggest that a person tried taking out another person's legs by being pulled backwards, tripped, and then unleashing the back of his armpit on a target he can't even see would be the first time in human history where that had happened. After rewatching the replay from multiple angles many times, this argument makes no sense at all, but I understand the embellishment. Hawks fans are going to blame Dellavedova no matter what because they already lost Korver due to a previous collision. This ECF has been anything but what Hawks fans had hoped for, so I get it.

I addressed the correct person this time.

So why don't you watch the whole incident?  It is OBVIOUS that Dirty Dova pushes off with his legs and begins his typical roll over on the legs maneuver.  You are being dishonest if you don't acknowledge that.

I addressed the correct person this time.

So why don't you watch the whole incident? It is OBVIOUS that Dirty Dova pushes off with his legs and begins his typical roll over on the legs maneuver. You are being dishonest if you don't acknowledge that.

Except Dellavedova's being pulled backwards and tripped from EVERY ANGLE. The diagram I posted was the angle that implicated Horford, but you're not happy right now and no matter what evidence is brought forth it's clear I won't be able to change some of your minds.

Accusing a guy of dirty play for getting tripped from behind is like blaming a jaywalker for attacking the family of a minivan that just ran him over. As I stated earlier, it's quite an embellishment and not grounded in reality.

Despite our disagreement, I do appreciate the civility of this discussion and hope to see your Hawks reach the ECF again next year. A rematch between both teams at full health would be good for the NBA and both fanbases. Your team is much better than it showed and another chance would likely prove it. Also, this is my last post on the subject -- with the series now over, my presence isn't welcome anyway and would amount to poking a hornet's nest. Peace.

2 things:

1) I understand hawks fans will always preceive this differently but what exactly history of Delly is there? He wasn't known as a dirty player in college, wasn't known as a dirty player in the last 2 regular seasons. His rep has always been a hardworker, but its not like hes throwing elbows every time someone annoys him (hmm Howard), I would say having a "history" is a bit of a exaggeration.

2) Lets be honest here, Al Horford ended TJ Ford's career on a very "questionable" foul. I get that the guy has been a model citizen since then, but if we're going with the standards that you guys are applying to Delly, Horford is no saint either.

• Moderators

2 things:

1) I understand hawks fans will always preceive this differently but what exactly history of Delly is there? He wasn't known as a dirty player in college, wasn't known as a dirty player in the last 2 regular seasons. His rep has always been a hardworker, but its not like hes throwing elbows every time someone annoys him (hmm Howard), I would say having a "history" is a bit of a exaggeration.

2) Lets be honest here, Al Horford ended TJ Ford's career on a very "questionable" foul. I get that the guy has been a model citizen since then, but if we're going with the standards that you guys are applying to Delly, Horford is no saint either.

UGH.  2 is just a lie.  Horford didn't end his career and that foul would not even be considered a bad foul except for Ford's health history.   Horford got caught in the air.   He was trying to make a play on the ball and was just slow.   

• Premium Member

2 things:

Nice try buddy

If I've learned nothing else about Al Horford the past six months, it's that he's a class act. That was clear the first day I met him and it was never more clear than last night, after his hard fouls sent Toronto point guard T.J. Ford crashing to the floor late in the Hawks' loss to the Raptors at Philips Arena.

I'll be the first person to sound off in defense of this guy, because long before everyone else had vacated the premises Tuesday night, Horford made his way to Piedmont Hospital to check on Ford, who remained under observation overnight but reportedly had movement in all of his extremities.

Horford was one of several people affiliated with the Hawks to go directly to the hospital to check on Ford - Dominique Wilkins and Josh Smith's father Pete S

mith were there, too - and make sure he knew that what happened was purely accidental.

Horford, I'm told, waited quite a while for Ford to get done with tests just to make sure he got the chance to speak with him personally. And when told that Horford came to check on him and wanted to speak with him, Ford let it be known that he knew Horford's lick wasn't intentional and that he welcomed Horford to stop by and visit.

None of that will make it on the highlight shows. But it's just an example of the class shown by all involved.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/4222/t-j-ford-on-a-stretcher-again

• Like 1

• Premium Member

2 things:

You have to be trolling with this crap. TJ Ford played after that and Horford in no way ended his career. Ford already had stenosis of the spine before that happened and it wasn't Al's fault he had that. Just making up crap at this point.

OMFG

Somebody needs to sticky the link provided by @SalvorMallow above.  Folks gotta stop buying the propaganda about the TJ Ford incident being spewed by all the HeatCalf "fans".

Horford didn't end anybody's career.  Read up on TJ Ford and his medical condition.  In fact, arguably Ford's best years came AFTER this game.

2 things:

Dellavedova WAS known during college by those that follow the WCC as a 'dirty' player, actually, in a similar context to how people are talking about him now. When you have Al Horford (model professional) retaliating, Kyle Korver (2015 NBA Sportsmanship Winner) not exactly receptive to an apology, and Taj Gibson (don't know much about him off-court) feeling the need to kick you, there's probably an issue. How many of these controversial incidents have there been in this playoffs? Probably 4 or 5, and Dellavedova has been involved in THREE of them. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

• Premium Member

This thread should be locked so this madness can stop. The series is over and we still have Cavs fans joining here to not only defend what's his face but also accuse Hawks players of dirty play during the series and 8 friggin years ago. All this just to excuse that goon's reckless play??? I'm tired of seeing this butt face's name on the front page of the Squawk. Lock this.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I love the idea that Horford ended Ford's career - a year before Ford's career best season.

It just shows the level that some Cleveland fans are willing to stoop to in order to attempt to justify their guy.  "If Horford did something in 2007 that I can paint as terrible then it justifies whatever Delly does."  It is the kind of logic used to justify things by 2 year olds and politicians.

And like politicians the facts are entirely wrong to boot.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am shocked - SHOCKED - to see another player trying to hit Delly's shoulder with their knees. The poor kid. When will people's lower legs stop getting in his way?

http://fansided.com/2015/06/09/nba-finals-2015-matthew-dellavedova-take-out-draymond-green-video/

https://vine.co/v/eOiFq0AE5Ee

Yeah, the evidence is overwhelming now. He's a dirty player. He also had a play against Speights that was dirty.

There was a loose ball scramble there at the end where David Lee was on the floor with Devildilover and kicked him lightly Agee times around the head area. It would have been a great time for Lee to **** back his heel and drive in right into devil's nuts or face or knee or throat.

• Moderators

Ya'll need to calm down about Delly. In my eyes, he is reckless,.not dirty.

I'm sure Korver cares about the difference.  That is like defending someone who drives recklessly and hits a kid by saying, "Well, he wasn't actually aiming for him.  He was merely reckless!"

Someone who is reckless with other people's legs in basketball should be crapped on constantly, IMO.

052415_korvhurt.jpg

• Like 4

I am shocked - SHOCKED - to see another player trying to hit Delly's shoulder with their knees.  The poor kid.  When will people's lower legs stop getting in his way?

http://fansided.com/2015/06/09/nba-finals-2015-matthew-dellavedova-take-out-draymond-green-video/

https://vine.co/v/eOiFq0AE5Ee

Also watch after he takes out Green, he flails his arm out at Bogut going by. What a real dirtbag.