• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bismack Biyombo

ThomasCredle

What do people think about pursuing him in free agency. He is restricted and I don't know have a clue how much Charlotte may value him so that is definite negative.

He does do a lot of the things that we all keep begging for here. Rebounds well, eats up space on the block, defends the rim, young with room to improve, offensively limited but might perform better with our spacing and having more room to attack the rim. Should be the kind of player we could afford to bring without breaking the bank and could really improve our bench.

Anyone think he could be another little known player that becomes a real contributor in ATL or do some folks that watch a lot more Hornets ball than me know some reasons to stay away.

Of course you usually have to overpay to get an RFA so as said above that could derail him being a reasonable cost sub and make this whole post moot.

• Like 1

• Admin

He is an athlete and could be a good defender off the bench with the right coaching.  He might be a good fit here as a rim protector who comes in and plays 15 mins .   We have found some diamonds in the rough before.  He could be one too ... then again he could be a real bust.

I'd prefer Seraphin I think.

Hey, what do y'all think of David Lee?  I've not been a fan of his and his price tag is high.  But his low post offense and rebounding would look good in a Hawks uni in some capacity.

Checked on Lee. He's owed 15.4 next season. No thanks.

Ew.  Didn't think it was that bad.  Sheesh.  No wonder he's content to sit on the bench there.

Lee is way overpriced at that level. How tall is Seraphin and what price would he come at.

I'm interested in a player we could nab with our exception and the 7 mil or so we may have left if we bring back DMC and Sap. I think both will get big deals but they have both said the right stuff about playing for a winner and being happy to maybe give a hometown discount. That stuff is usually just talk when the big money is on the table though. The union also hates players taking discounts because it sets the pay for players behind them lower as the FA market gets set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

26 mins ago - via Twitter rick_bonnell

Rick Bonnell: Can confirm Yahoo Sports report the @Charlotte Hornets are not making a $4.1 million qualifying offer to restrict Bismack Biyombo’s free agency. “With the recent trades we made, we don’t have room in the front court.” — @Charlotte Hornets GM Rich Cho on decision not to Biyombo decision.

Free Agency, Rich Cho, Bismack Biyombo, Charlotte Hornets

That is good news JayBird I really think he could be another DMC type steal and brings a skill set we badly need. I wonder what the open market will set his value at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk