• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Kyle Korver our Starting 2 next year?

Diesel

The Hawks need a guy who can get his own shot. Period. Nobody on the team can do that and the playoffs showed that skillset is needed.

Agreed. This seems to continuously get ignored. That said, how would we really get one that isn't just a heartless chucker?

But on the subject, Kyle shouldn't be but I think it'll more than likely be the case. Baze definitely isn't good enough to start over him as of now.

• Moderators

Word around the campfire is that Wade wants to leave Mia. Give him SAP's money and there's your superstar

At first I thought paying Wade was crazy given his injuries but if we can get him in and have him for the playoffs that would be huge.  We have to get used to being in win-now mode.   We'd have to find money somewhere but I'd be for it.  Think about how much the league would want to see a Wade-Lebron ECF and they'd probably let the chips fall where they may.   Can you imagine how much money the Hawks would make off Wade jerseys alone.   

Bazemore has to improve his jumper before we can trust him to start for us.

its more than just his jumpshot. His awareness and overall basketball IQ is too low to be a major minute player. He makes too many mental mistakes.

He shouldnt be more than a 10-15 min type player

At first I thought paying Wade was crazy given his injuries but if we can get him in and have him for the playoffs that would be huge.  We have to get used to being in win-now mode.   We'd have to find money somewhere but I'd be for it.  Think about how much the league would want to see a Wade-Lebron ECF and they'd probably let the chips fall where they may.   Can you imagine how much money the Hawks would make off Wade jerseys alone.   

Wade is seeking 3 years/$20 million per.

• Moderators

Wade is seeking 3 years/$20 million per.

Well seeking and getting are different things.   I can't see any team in the league dumb enough, or even capable of giving him that.  Who has that kind of cap space for a guy that close to retirement?

The Hawks need a guy who can get his own shot. Period. Nobody on the team can do that and the playoffs showed that skillset is needed.

You're absolutely right.

Well, except for Teague.

And Millsap.

Oh, and Schröder too.

Soooo, maybe not so correct.

• Premium Member

You're absolutely right.

Well, except for Teague.

And Millsap.

Oh, and Schröder too.

Soooo, maybe not so correct.

Those guys can't do that at the level needed to beat LeBron. So, no. Edited by Jody23

He was our starting 2 this year, and an All Star - why not next year?

He should be the first off the bench. The playoffs proved that Kyle can't create his own shot and his defense is mediocre. I like Kyle alot, but if we expect to be back in the ECF we need more talent at the SG position and get someone to rebound the ball.

• Like 1

He should be the first off the bench. The playoffs proved that Kyle can't create his own shot and his defense is mediocre. I like Kyle alot, but if we expect to be back in the ECF we need more talent at the SG position and get someone to rebound the ball.

Yep. During the regular season, they didnt care enough to fight thru 2 or 3 Hawk picks to keep up with Korver. During the playoffs, they DID..........and shut him down. I keep saying the Hawk should move Carroll to the 2 guard, Sap to 3, and Horford to 4 and get a true center......

Bazemore has to improve his jumper before we can trust him to start for us.

Agreed, Korver should be our returning starter.  Hopefully Baze works hard on his shot in the off-season.  He should get more minutes next year and let the "roles" be decided by performance on the court in games.

At first I thought paying Wade was crazy given his injuries but if we can get him in and have him for the playoffs that would be huge. We have to get used to being in win-now mode. We'd have to find money somewhere but I'd be for it. Think about how much the league would want to see a Wade-Lebron ECF and they'd probably let the chips fall where they may. Can you imagine how much money the Hawks would make off Wade jerseys alone.

This city deserves a wild ride with a well known, hall of fame superstar. Since his wife's TV show films here it works. Seriously I think our motion offense works perfectly. His penetration would give our wings open looks. Play him in set s along with KK. Speaking of Jerseys, imagine of we went to the throwbacks as our main jersey with Wade.

• Premium Member

Yep. During the regular season, they didnt care enough to fight thru 2 or 3 Hawk picks to keep up with Korver. During the playoffs, they DID..........and shut him down. I keep saying the Hawk should move Carroll to the 2 guard, Sap to 3, and Horford to 4 and get a true center......

The problem with this is Sap is not a 3 and Horf is not a 4.  I mean, you can put them there and call them that but them playing that position takes away from their strengths.

• Like 1

Yes. He's fine in the regular season. 

And if we had continued what got us into the playoffs to begin with, he would have been better in the playoffs.  We stopped the constant moving without the ball, and we paid the price for it.  We were just standing around like in the old Woody days.

Edited by Watchman

Will he come off the bench as our Ray Allen?  Can he be good defensively?  Has Baze stepped up enough to be the new starting 2?  Do we go out and find somebody else?

It would make sense for him to come off the bench. He's supposedly going to miss time due to his surgery and it would suck to shake up the chemistry by adding him in when the new starter would have training camp, preseason and early in the regular season to gell with the starters.

I don't think Baze has done enough but he got potential. They got Patterson overseas, bring him over for depth.

I think the Cavs defense had alot to do with the Hawks standing around putting the Hawks in a half court game. How do you counter that issue? Also the Hawks showed they have no half court game and were terrible in the rebound dept. 

Drafting a a SG that can create their own shot and acquiring a Rebounder

• Like 1