• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who are the 3 guys you want most at #15 ?

coachx

RJ Hunter

Jerian Grant

Frank Kaminski

Last year I loved the Payne selection. His combination of size, athletic ability, and shooting were near impossible to find. If we went wing I wanted KJ McDaniels. I learned something though. To have success with the Hawks you must be able to master Coach Bud's system. You must be able to not only shoot the ball, you must able to receive the ball and make a quick decision based off multiple decisions. Decision making and passing are paramount. Like wise, when you don't have the ball you must know when exactly to make your cut or screen. If one guy is off than the entire system is off. Payne was unable to do it and I don't know that McDaniel's could have done it.  For that reason I have put more weight on BBIQ and passing. Grant, Hunter, and Kaminski are probably the best decision makers and passers in the draft at their given positions. Those are basketball traits that are necessities in Coach Bud's system. Not to mention each player has that "dog" in them. They want the ball in their hands in the clutch and are not afraid of taking the big shot.

I really wanted to list Justin Anderson too, for the quick return on the 1st round investment. I think he will contribute in year #1.

I could live with Kelly Oubre but would expect him to spend his rookie year in the D-League. I feel he would fit better on a team with a less complex system.

Again.......this is just my list for the Hawks........not future success in the NBA as a whole.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Willie Cauley-Stein

Myles Turner

Frank Kaminsky

I've been waffling every day but I like the quality of the bigs that could possibly fall out of the lottery, moreso than the wings. I have a hunch Oubre's going early, anyway, so somebody who's nice is dropping out. Still a huge Bobby Portis fan, too, but he hasn't impressed enough in workouts so he'll probably be available as a failsafe at #15. 

~lw3

I could live with Kelly Oubre but would expect him to spend his rookie year in the D-League. I feel he would fit better on a team with a less complex system.

If I'm drafting a freshman with upside then I'd rather take a swing on Trey Lyles.

• Like 1

Willie Cauley-Stein

Myles Turner

Frank Kaminsky

I've been waffling every day but I like the quality of the bigs that could possibly fall out of the lottery, moreso than the wings. I have a hunch Oubre's going early, anyway, so somebody who's nice is dropping out. Still a huge Bobby Portis fan, too, but he hasn't impressed enough in workouts so he'll probably be available as a failsafe at #15. 

~lw3

I love Turner and Cauley-Stein's rim protecting ability. I wish they would be there at #15 too. 

• Premium Member

If we stick at 15, I'm wanting to see Dekker, Portis, Grant or Anderson...

My preference goes to Grant for one reason: Taller PGs with position flex to SG are so hard to come by, and yet, I see it being such an asset in this offense where Bud likes to put two on the floor at the same time; not to mention, secondarily, if we want to dethrone the champs... and we do, right?... there's a tall PG over there who we need to be able to guard.

As I said in the "dream scenario" thread, my preference if the opportunity avails itself would be to trade back and pick up some other assets... and given the chance to dream, preferably the players I've cited... and while I'm the first to admit, I'm not anticipating any NBA job offers to become a scout anytime soon, I have to say that I for one really think Delon Wright, in particular, is getting undervalued.

But if we moved back to, say, CHI @ 22, I'd also include Hunter and Anderson, along with Wright as the three at the top of my list.

I'm not persuaded that there's anyone worth us giving-up assets to trade-up for, though.

Edited by sturt

Turner

Kaminsky

Dekker

I highly doubt Turner drops but you never know.Kaminsky while not the greatest athlete has high basketball IQ and if he is a good worker should improve on strength and he has a good outside shot and good passer. He seems to know how to play the game which I'll take that over a player who has more physical abilities but questionable work ethic. Dekker showed in the workouts he can hit the 3 pters.Seems to also know how to play the game and is a decent athlete.Could give depth at sf and pf. 

Honestly couldn't care less what player they pick tomorrow night. Bottom line is that this player will not amount to much. So it doesn't matter.

Honestly couldn't care less what player they pick tomorrow night. Bottom line is that this player will not amount to much. So it doesn't matter.

That's right Alex.... Let the hate flow through you

Edited by Flight
  • Like 1

Get the best big you can get - and I'm not talking about a "dream center" - I'm talking about the best big (PF who can play spot C or even a true PF) and a guy who can actually play to a degree pretty much out of the box.

Personally I am tired of the 7 foot dudes from Borneo.  Give me a 6-9 guy who grew up playing basketball in the good old U.S. of A. and attended a good college on a basketball scholarship.

5 of which should belong gone by 15............so he is 7 and 8 on your list.

Well with the rumors of us potentially moving up, I figure I put all the guys im high on, even if they sound dream scenario-ish.

Guys who seem to be in and around the 15 area that I would like:

D. Booker

R. Vaughn

J. Anderson

R. Hollis- Jefferson

To be honest if given the chance I think we should definitely move up. We wont be this near 10-13 range again so we might as well cash in on it.