• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Uniforms have been leaked!

ATLHawks3

This is just...wow. I have to self edit my profanity at how truly laugh out loud ugly all of the jerseys and the merchandise are.

It literally looks like something a fifth grade art class would come up with. As a fan next season going on 40 years as a fan of this team this is just embarrassing to be associated with.

There's not one vaguely normal jersey or merchandise to pick from. Let's pray we have throwback jerseys every game night, road and home...

Couldn't even wait to see them on a player before hitting us with the negative rant post...lol

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Couldn't even wait to see them on a player before hitting us with the negative rant post...lol

I don't need to see it on a player, an elephant or a barn. They are beyond humiliating. I seriously am hoping this is an internet troll at work and C-Viv fell for it.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Only thing I don't really like it the "atlanta" title colorway being inverted on the numbers on each jersey. I'd much rather it be the same colors on the numbers as the city name

You mean our brand new team? The Atlanta Atlanta Triangles?

• Premium Member

This is what makes me think it may all be a hoax and there are other versions being unveiled tomorrow. That would be epic

Funny... even ingenious thought... but there's just too much of the other merchandise there that tells me it's legit... a hoax would stop at merely coming up with the uniform concept, imo.

• Premium Member

"Awww duuude man! The Hawks got this shit covered, smothered, chunked, diced, peppered, capped, topped, and country!"

attachicon.gifhawks2016.png

~futuristic tweet, post, blog, or commercial from 2016

dang... @hawksfanatic made me laugh TWICE tonight... Koonin said I should prepare to be amazed, and he was right. smile3.gif

Edited by sturt

You mean our brand new team? The Atlanta Atlanta Triangles?

Nah, I mean red wrapped in volt for the "atlanta" and volt wrapped in red for the numbers is weird to me. But It's not a big deal, everyone I've showed them so far loves them.

I like that they went with a design with the triangles in the jersey, it's definitely innovative. I think our jerseys are definitely the most interesting to look at in the league. The red and white definitely have to be my favorites.

Im more of a fan of tradition. You dont see teams with championship traditions like the Celtics, Lakers, etc. constantly changing their uniforms. The St. Louis Hawks traditional red uniform is the best look:

ape-pettit-b0b-8x10.jpg

I actually loved these jerseys but at the same time from a design standpoint I'd hate to see us do the same thing forever. The Lakers and celtics both have had plenty alternates over the years that make up for not having a big change.

• Premium Member

Honestly, I was prepared to hate on these things if that luminous guacamole... okay, call it volt... color actually showed up. And I get Sothron's reaction, because that's what I was essentially what I was prepared to say, but somehow it works for me after all.

Too, I'm glad to see the secondary logo is, indeed, as secondary as it is... I was concerned that they were going to feature it more prominently than they evidently are.

Edited by sturt

So no one is going to realize that the first C-Viv scoop came on uniforms?

Gearon Junior is trying to get C-Viv to write that piece that paints Junior as a Saint that saves this franchis from the grips of the evil Ferry Grinch. Whoville will be saved this year, thanks Chris and Michael. You're medal of honor is in the mail.

(also, didn't C-Viv have the audio leak?)

Edited by hawksfanatic

• Premium Member

Im more of a fan of tradition. You dont see teams with championship traditions like the Celtics, Lakers, etc. constantly changing their uniforms. The St. Louis Hawks traditional red uniform is the best look:

I get that, but then again, while the Bob Pettit look is classic, it's too Chicago Bulls for me.

The triangle look and the luminous guacamole accents set us apart from really ALL professional sports teams, and I kinda like that part... no doubt others will follow with their own attempts at trend setting, but we've staked out some territory to ourselves that could last awhile.

• Like 2

Kind of close to what we did with our work unis.  I'm not a fan of the number being in volt, and the name being in a regular color.  Either go with one or the other.

I would've kept it like we did it, and just use the volt color as a highlighter, and not a primary color.

I would really dig the white uniforms, had the number been red.  But I can't get into it with the name in red, and the number in volt.

The red jerseys are a hit, with that ATL funky font.  I love that.

The black jerseys are solid.

Overall, I give the jerseys a 7 out of 10.  The kids will love it though.  I'm seeing that volt color everywhere, even in my workplace

Kind of close to what we did with our work unis.  I'm not a fan of the number being in volt, and the name being in a regular color.  Either go with one or the other.

I would've kept it like we did it, and just use the volt color as a highlighter, and not a primary color.

I would really dig the white uniforms, had the number been red.  But I can't get into it with the name in red, and the number in volt.

The red jerseys are a hit, with that ATL funky font.  I love that.

The black jerseys are solid.

Overall, I give the jerseys a 7 out of 10.  The kids will love it though.  I'm seeing that volt color everywhere, even in my workplace

Just showed the jerseys off to one of my workers.  Young cat, probably in his mid to late 20s.  He really likes the jerseys, and said that he might have to go out and get one.  And he is not a Hawks fan at all.

So the jerseys with the younger generation may be a hit.  Old heads and traditionalists will probably hate them.

Now HERE'S the 1 million dollar question now.

How will the COURT look?

I'm assuming the new official logo will be our new center court logo.  But will the edge of the court be in black, with red lettering, trimmed in volt?

• Like 2