• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Uniforms have been leaked!

ATLHawks3

• Premium Member

Not a criticism necessarily, but I wonder why the home whites don't say HAWKS instead of ATLANTA... it's a small thing, but I like that nicknames ordinarily appear on home unis.

I get that, but then again, while the Bob Pettit look is classic, it's too Chicago Bulls for me.

The triangle look and the luminous guacamole accents set us apart from really ALL professional sports teams, and I kinda like that part... no doubt others will follow with their own attempts at trend setting, but we've staked out some territory to ourselves that could last awhile.

Not so fast, Sturt.  The Seahawks have their own "emerald" guacamole and triangleish pattern

seattle-seahawks-2012-nike-uniforms-unve

Not a criticism necessarily, but I wonder why the home whites don't say HAWKS instead of ATLANTA... it's a small thing, but I like that nicknames ordinarily appear on home unis.

I guess it's in keeping with the "true to Atlanta" motto they've been using since last season when they updated the last home kits to say "Atlanta" instead of "Hawks".  It also helps allay any of those fears that the team is moving to Seattle or whatnot (eerie given the color choice).  I can tell you that when the Kings and Nets were leaving or attempting to leave their respective locales they were very adamant about not wearing any uniform that displayed the current home city.

The Nets even hilariously wore these throwbacks while in Jersey

deron-williams-nets-1.jpg

And the Kings who had hilariously flipped their team name to the road jerseys and the city name to the home jerseys forced themselves to wear their throwback Royals jerseys during home games when the Maloofs thought they had one foot out the door.

demarcus-cousins-royals.jpg?w=311

........so the team is safe in Atlanta now at least to midseason.

• Like 1

It's aimed at millennials who aren't exactly into mnimalism. If you're in your 30s and 40s you shouldn't be wearing Jerseys anyway imo

Unless you're ripped like me...I work out to be able to wear jerseys and look awesome ...that's just me tho

So no one's caught on yet? Clearly the franchise is moving to Seattle now.

The lime green is included so as to tie in with the other Hawks' identity.

Kidding, kidding. I don't mind them I guess. Waiting for the all-volt version although that might be ... re-volt-ing.

I'm here all week folks. Tip your waiters.

I've always preferred the cleaner/traditional jerseys and there are aspects of these designs that flat out dislike, but as a whole, I'm liking the new look. I think they'll look better on the players as well. Our current jerseys are so boring and generic. This change is something entirely unique to the NBA and it'll create a lot of positive buzz IMO. 

So no one's caught on yet? Clearly the franchise is moving to Seattle now.

The lime green is included so as to tie in with the other Hawks' identity.

Kidding, kidding. I don't mind them I guess. Waiting for the all-volt version although that might be ... re-volt-ing.

I'm here all week folks. Tip your waiters.

So you just read all my posts and repeat...I'm gonna call you my little parrot ...MLP for short.

Anything would be an upgrade over our current uniforms. Still gotta give credit to them for trying something original.

- White jersey is my favorite. Probably gonna buy it.

- Red characters over black jersey is not a good idea. If you compare the "ATLANTA" of the white and black jerseys, you can see how indistinct the characters on the black jersey are. The "HAWKS" on the black shorts is barely even visible...

- Similarly red jersey would have been awesome if they wrote "ATL" with lime green instead of black and if they hadn't used that weird font. What is wrong with the "A"? They are still better than the black jerseys though.

Overall I like the uniforms, could have been better though.

Edited by nitte

Anything would be an upgrade over our current uniforms. Still gotta give credit to them for trying something original.

- White jersey is my favorite. Probably gonna buy it.

- Red characters over black jersey is not a good idea. If you compare the "ATLANTA" of the white and black jerseys, you can see how indistinct the characters on the black jersey are. The "HAWKS" on the black shorts is barely even visible...

- Similarly red jersey would have been awesome if they wrote "ATL" with lime green instead of black and if they hadn't used that weird font. What is wrong with the "A"? They are still better than the black jerseys though.

Overall I like the uniforms, could have been better though.

There's nothing original about adding Volt/Lime Green to the new uniforms, it's the running jersey trend and the team is going to have to change them again in the next few years when the trend fades.

I'm so-so on these. I was hoping for a revision of the 80s uniforms, but oh well

From my take, Nike strikes again with these things. However, I suspect they will look much better on the players than sitting there. The triangles probably create an interesting optical effect in arena lights and on TV. 

• Like 2