• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Uniforms have been leaked!

ATLHawks3

I hope these are fake

I like the diamonds but not a fan of the Mello Yello/Surge green

Our logo is classic and red and white but then our uniforms and the merchandise shown differs from that with the green

Like even that black shirt on the first pic of merchandise says "Atlanta Hawks basketball" rather than "Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club"

Edited by Nicholasp27

• Moderators

They're going for the long-term effect the Seahawks had when they busted out the lime green, at first as a stripe before expanding it; and then the present-day neon green, both departing from an already unique sea-green color. It was a laughingstock at first, especially when they tried the lime-primary jerseys, not the ideal look on 310-lb. bodies. Back when "We want the ball, and we're gonna score!" was what they were known for, the lime green wasn't really taking. Then Russell Wilson emerged. Now that they're winning big these days, that neon background is what's hot in the streets, locally and nationally.

A volt-primary jersey indeed would be re-VOLT-ing (edit: stolen from @kg01) on the floor, although some fans won't mind looking as loud as possible themselves in the stands. But the color as an outline and uni-number choice, and its margarita effect in combo with the red, will grow on us. The big wager from the Hawks is that volt won't become an anachronism from The Teens.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

• Moderators

CIQ0jIpWoAA9YiA.jpg

My fuss is with the "ATL" lettering, and not just because the "T" and the "L" do nothing for me: without the volt outline they look like afterthoughts. The "A" looks nothing like the "A' in the new primary wordmark. It ought to be consistent.

The TimeWarner-era "A" at least gave the impression of a hawk beak in the penetrating silhouette. This "A" looks like somebody tried to make a skin-flick out of The Lego Movie. There's some logic that went into picking this "A" for the "ATL," and I'm curious to hear some of it.

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

Logging in for the first time in like 6+ months just to say how absolutely atrocious these uniforms look. I'm legitimately embarrassed to be a Hawks fan right now.

They shoulda gone with Pizza-Cat colors! lol

~lw3

• Like 1

I was soooo prepared to HATE and P-eeeeeww these jerseys when I heard that the 'Volt' color would be included. Strangely enough my first thought was mmmmmm I actually like these, can't wait to see the court.

My preferences: white, black then red.

C-Viv must have an account here and read some of our comments regarding his scoops being a day late and a dollar short. Or someone from Fox SS did him a solid so he can feel better. I'm leaning with the latter...

• Moderators

Paul Lukas of Uni-Watch had a similar reaction to mine, on the "ATLANTA" A's.

http://www.uni-watch.com/2015/06/24/hawks-uni-photos-posted-ahead-of-todays-unveiling/

For now, though, I’ll just point out one small detail that I found interesting: On the home and road jerseys, I like how the crossbar on the first “A” extends off to the left and the crossbar on the last “A” extends off to the right, creating a nice bookend effect. But shouldn’t the crossbar on the center “A” have extended to both sides, for the sake of symmetry?

I'm wondering if the double-crossbar center "A' created some kind of kerning problem (specifically the "A" next to the "N"). I'm no typology geek, but I'm guessing that's the explanation.

~lw3

• Premium Member

Logging in for the first time in like 6+ months just to say how absolutely atrocious these uniforms look. I'm legitimately embarrassed to be a Hawks fan right now.

I have to be honest and say I don't if I'll be able to watch a team wear jerseys that bad on an eighty two game season plus the playoffs. You can't NOT see how laugh out loud bad the Atlanta Atlanta Triangles are going to look on television and real life.

Who created these? 2 chainz? T.I.? No I'm sorry but I'm just a bit curious how we went into teen bangin/thug life/I don't give a hizzy mode here.

I have to be honest and say I don't if I'll be able to watch a team wear jerseys that bad on an eighty two game season plus the playoffs. You can't NOT see how laugh out loud bad the Atlanta Atlanta Triangles are going to look on television and real life.

I agree.  Even more reason to stay away from Phillips next season. 

So much for Koonin being some marketing guru.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Which players are around town to show off the unveiled jerseys? The Tour De Baze is underway in town, so Baze seems like a no-brainer, but who else? Sap's still floating around, but he and the other free agents aren't likely to be there. Safe to assume Thabo won't be walking the runway. Is Dennis still in town? Scottie? Jeff? Al? Moose?

~lw3