• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Monta Ellis wants to be a Hawk

JETSET

• Moderators

The funny thing is, is that bud/ferry showed interest in the guy two years ago same time they signed sap and dmc. Everybody is saying he don't fit but we honestly said that about sap as well and DMC....nobody saw them fitting either.

I get monta's history doesn't fair with what we do here in the atl under bud but I can't help but to wonder if bud really feels Ellis is someone that the team needs.

I posted some months ago on who makes more impact if they were both Hawks....Ellis scoring and ability to break down a defense? Or DMC's defense against our opponents?

I honestly believe Ellis offense is more game changing than dmcs defense on a hawks team but that's not to say I would pick Ellis over DMC cause Ellis defense is horrible

My answer to you then was DMC's two-way game has more impact than Monta's offense in a mini-me backcourt with Teague.  I gave you numbers that seemed to bear out that DMC's game has done more to impact his team the last few years as well.

Wait? What? Folks been complaining about non shot creating Korver holding the Hawks back, which he did , now complaining about a possible replacement who CAN create his own shot. In fact, if the Hawks had Ellis during this last playoff run, they wouldve won at LEAST two games against the Cavaliers and might have taken them out.  He wouldve been the perfect antidote to J.R. Smith during that series. How many of those half court possessions the Hawks have had where they couldnt create a shot because their jumpers werent falling. Had Ellis been there...............

Finally, Bud has a system and culture in Atlanta where i KNOW he would transfer Ellis into a more complete player ( play defense). If he can be had a reasonable price, get him...........

monta-ellis-o.gif

1383896_o.gif

Ellis360ReverseLayup.gif

Edited by atlhawks1

• Premium Member

Just for Clarification, I don't think Monte is a fit either.   He's a defensive liability.  However, at 8 Million to start.... I'd take him as a bargain player.   Yeah, he just opted out of a deal giving him 8 million, but we're a better team.

Wait? What? Folks been complaining about non shot creating Korver holding the Hawks back, which he did , now complaining about a possible replacement who CAN create his own shot. In fact, if the Hawks had Ellis during this last playoff run, they wouldve won at LEAST two games against the Cavaliers and might have taken them out. He wouldve been the perfect antidote to J.R. Smith during that series......... If he can be had a reasonable price, get him...........

monta-ellis-o.gif

1383896_o.gif

Don't complain when we give up 107 points per game every night.

• Moderators

Wait? What? Folks been complaining about non shot creating Korver holding the Hawks back, which he did , now complaining about a possible replacement who CAN create his own shot. In fact, if the Hawks had Ellis during this last playoff run, they wouldve won at LEAST two games against the Cavaliers and might have taken them out. He wouldve been the perfect antidote to J.R. Smith during that series......... If he can be had a reasonable price, get him...........

monta-ellis-o.gif

1383896_o.gif

Yeah!!!  I mean, he shot 28.5% from 3pt range which was almost as good as a sniper like Josh Smith (31.6%) last year!  He is a perfect fit for a Bud team since he can't shoot and plays no D!

Can we give him a max deal to ensure we get him?

Yeah!!!  I mean, he shot 28.5% from 3pt range which was almost as good as a sniper like Josh Smith (31.6%) last year!  He is a perfect fit for a Bud team since he can't shoot and plays no D!

But can he get TO THE BASKET????????  lmao......try again.........

Don't complain when we give up 107 points per game every night.

Like they was able to stop anybody in the playoffs........... J.R. Smith STILL hitting 3s on Atlanta's vaunted wing defense.........

jr-smith-cavaliers-hawks-game-1-2015-pla

Edited by atlhawks1
  • Like 1

So can Dennis, Teague, and Bazemore to a degree.

It always amazes me how a city that historically is garbage across the board in sports, always tries to be picky with free agents, while other cities continue to stack chips.........amazing.......

My answer to you then was DMC's two-way game has more impact than Monta's offense in a mini-me backcourt with Teague. I gave you numbers that seemed to bear out that DMC's game has done more to impact his team the last few years as well.

Yup I remember but I'm just talking impact as far as our Hawks go. This Hawks team has been better than the mavs the past two years regardless of record and we have a coach who has recently got more out of his whole team than the mavs.

I believe in the HAWKS SYSTEM....Monte creates more impact and would be more of a game changer than Carroll would be. offense system that is.

Just for Clarification, I don't think Monte is a fit either.   He's a defensive liability.  However, at 8 Million to start.... I'd take him as a bargain player.   Yeah, he just opted out of a deal giving him 8 million, but we're a better team.

Dallas threatened to trade him if he opted-in so I don't think him opting out has to be all about more money.  He may just want similar money while being able to pick his situation instead of being traded.  On the other hand, I believe he did make statements about how he should be making more than Parsons last year.

Edited by JETSET

Like they was able to stop anybody in the playoffs................LMAO J.R. Smith STILL hitting 3s on Atlanta's vaunted wing defense.........

jr-smith-cavaliers-hawks-game-1-2015-pla

No Thabo. DMC played with a bad knee. And the rest of the squad didn't do a good job of closing out to their shooters. 

Ellis would totally help us defensively. {/sarcasm}

Yeah!!! I mean, he shot 28.5% from 3pt range which was almost as good as a sniper like Josh Smith (31.6%) last year! He is a perfect fit for a Bud team since he can't shoot and plays no D!

Yeah I mean thank rondo....cause Ellis was having an awesome second year with the mavs before he showed up

• Like 1

• Moderators

But can he get TO THE BASKET????????  lmao......try again.........

Anyone can get to the basket.  Oh, you mean can he score well just by going to the basket?  No.  Absolutely not.

He shot a fat .509% TS% last season.  Let's stop for a moment and see who is the comparably effective scorer:

Pero Antić .508% TS%.

So there you go.  Antić and Monta had almost identical success scoring last season when they took a shot.  Monta's higher volume basically meant that you took all that Antić offensive ability and played it out over a larger sample size.  Yeah!

We had 10 players who scored better than him last season so he would have been our 11th most efficient scorer.  

Sign me up!  Pero Antić without the defense!  Woo woo!  

It always amazes me how a city that historically is garbage across the board in sports, always tries to be picky with free agents, while other cities continue to stack chips.........amazing.......

We have a system. You can't just assume that a player like Ellis would be a fit in our system. See what happened to Louis Williams.

if we cared that much about defensive liabilities then we wouldn't have been starting Kyle Korver at his age. Monta would be fine, we focus on team defense so that's only help him. DMC wasn't a great 3 point shooter or scorer in general before us, who says that Monta couldn't make some strides under Bud?

• Like 1