• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Monta Ellis wants to be a Hawk

JETSET

Well, before we rule him out, what's he willing to take?

7.5 - 8  to start?   I mean, he's a very good scorer and at 8 to start...  I don't know.

He opted out of an $8 million contract. He's looking to get 10-12 Million.

Edited by ATLHawks3

Meanwhile Dallas will be pursuing Danny Green to take Monta's spot.

I'll take a Pass on Monta. Didn't want him 2 years ago and don't want him now.

He's on a team with Dirk and still high maintenance.

Well, before we rule him out, what's he willing to take?

7.5 - 8 to start? I mean, he's a very good scorer and at 8 to start... I don't know.

The funny thing is, is that bud/ferry showed interest in the guy two years ago same time they signed sap and dmc. Everybody is saying he don't fit but we honestly said that about sap as well and DMC....nobody saw them fitting either.

I get monta's history doesn't fair with what we do here in the atl under bud but I can't help but to wonder if bud really feels Ellis is someone that the team needs.

I posted some months ago on who makes more impact if they were both Hawks....Ellis scoring and ability to break down a defense? Or DMC's defense against our opponents?

I honestly believe Ellis offense is more game changing than dmcs defense on a hawks team but that's not to say I would pick Ellis over DMC cause Ellis defense is horrible

I would be at least tempted to see what Ellis was looking for monetarily if our roster looked different.  Ellis would be the perfect 6th man if we didn't already have Dennis.  We just have a far greater need at SF and backup big than undersized SG at this moment.

• Premium Member

I'm just glad someone is interested in playing for the Hawks. He would be a nice scorer off the bench when things stall offensively. The Hawks had way too many scoring droughts during the Playoffs for it to be a fluke.

• Like 3

I'm just glad someone is interested in playing for the Hawks. He would be a nice scorer off the bench when things stall offensively. The Hawks had way too many scoring droughts during the Playoffs for it to be a fluke.

Which is why I'm sure ellis is being considered regardless of what is fans want

• Like 2

Its nice that players are showing interest now. Monta is not a good fit as he is an undersized shooting guard who needs teh ball to be effective.

I was waiting for your response but anticipated a much more fiery rant regarding undersized shooting guards lol

• Premium Member

Its nice that players are showing interest now.  Monta is not a good fit as he is an undersized shooting guard who needs teh ball to be effective.  

I know what you mean, but if the Hawks are going to regress to iso ball when the other team is playing man to man defense, I'd rather they put the ball in the hands of someone who can put the ball in the basket. It was a little embarassing watching the Hawks' offense in the FInals.

• Like 4

Ehh, initially I'd be against it but Bud has a way of making players work in our system. Monta is just a tough cover in general and we could use that at the right price. The fact that he's interested in US is already a good look!

• Like 3

• Admin

I know what you mean, but if the Hawks are going to regress to iso ball when the other team is playing man to man defense, I'd rather they put the ball in the hands of someone who can put the ball in the basket. It was a little embarassing watching the Hawks' offense in the FInals.

He is not the iso player I would want though ... I have never been a fan of his.  A guy who is too small to guard SGs and can't play PG.  I just don't think he would work here and we would be stuck with him long term.  

• Premium Member

Eh, maybe. I'd rather have Monta at the 2 than Korver starting. Gasol would be icing on the cake, although it leaves a void at SF...

...unless you draft Stanley Johnson. But that's too much change from a team that made the ECF. It would take time to have the chemistry the current group has.