• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Monta Ellis wants to be a Hawk

JETSET

• Admin

tumblr_m2wti2wJ0L1rs5whdo1_500.gif

metta-world-peace-james-harden.gif

ron-artest-trophy-2.jpg

Ron Artest was insane but he played hard ... he gave 100% ... he actually put his heart on his sleeve ... he played d and could play bigger then him.  He actually fit well with teams and played a role. 

opposite of Monta

• Like 1

Ron Artest was insane but he played hard ... he gave 100% ... he actually put his heart on his sleeve ... he played d and could play bigger then him.  He actually fit well with teams and played a role. 

opposite of Monta

The POINT is a organization turned around what was once a disruptive player......Why cant the Hawks do the same with a player like Ellis?????? You think Jerry Jones is happy with the way Dez Bryant carries on??? Nope, but Jerry wants another championship.................

dez%20bryant.gif

Edited by atlhawks1

The Hawks are gonna maintain the status-quo as best they can. Minor moves will be all they accomplish. They think this team will bring a championship. I can't necessarily blame them for this way of thinking, but this current group isn't getting past Cleveland within the next few seasons. The Hawks need a difference maker if they ever want to be legit.

• Admin

The Hawks are gonna maintain the status-quo as best they can. Minor moves will be all they accomplish. They think this team will bring a championship. I can't necessarily blame them for this way of thinking, but this current group isn't getting past Cleveland within the next few seasons. The Hawks need a difference maker if they ever want to be legit.

sure a difference maker would be good but monta is not a difference maker
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't know about "minor" moves.

It seems that way but I bet we pull off something suprising either tonight or on the first.

Anyone can get to the basket. Oh, you mean can he score well just by going to the basket? No. Absolutely not.

He shot a fat .509% TS% last season. Let's stop for a moment and see who is the comparably effective scorer:

Pero Antić .508% TS%.

So there you go. Antić and Monta had almost identical success scoring last season when they took a shot. Monta's higher volume basically meant that you took all that Antić offensive ability and played it out over a larger sample size. Yeah!

We had 10 players who scored better than him last season so he would have been our 11th most efficient scorer.

Sign me up! Pero Antić without the defense! Woo woo!

Way to compare the TS% of 2 players who play nothing alike. Now I'm not for bringing Monta in, because we already have 2 decent small guards in Teague and Schröder.

But let's not get silly.

• Moderators

Way to compare the TS% of 2 players who play nothing alike. Now I'm not for bringing Monta in, because we already have 2 decent small guards in Teague and Schröder.

But let's not get silly.

I'm not comparinig their games.  I am showing how utterly craptastic Monta's offense is.  I compared him with some other more comparable players earlier such as Jeff Teague and Matthews.  The reason I used Pero Antić is because he is on our team and everyone recongizes his is offensively inept.  If Monta's scoring efficiency is equal to that of Pero's what does that say about his efficiency?

The reason Curry is such an impact player is because of this:

.602% TS%

The reason Ellis puts up such empty stats on offense is because of this:

.525% TS%

This debate is like the one we had about Jordan Crawford where people were pissing their pants because he put up a ton of shots to score some nice totals (if you ignore how many shots it took to get that total).  Crawford is a poor man's Ellis.  When you can't shoot the ball or score it efficiently, you need to dominate the ball, and you don't create opportunities for others...you aren't very good on offense.

Oh, but since gifs are the end and be all of how good a player is:

giphy.gif

Let's trade Teague for Jordan Crawford and start Ellis and Crawford in the backcourt together!!!

• Like 1