• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Detroit targeting Demarre Carroll in FA

GameTime

He is gonna get a ridiculous contract. I can see it now.

Edited by GameTime

He is gonna get a ridiculous contract. I can see it now.

A lot of us have known that for a while, and prepared ourselves for it. I'd be happy, but very shocked, if we are able to get him for $10m per season. I'd be OK with, and sort of expected, if we can get him at $12m per season. I won't be shocked if he gets a 14-15m per season offer from someone. I wouldn't be happy with that salary. But then I think about who the heck we'll get to play SF for us that wont be a huge dropoff.

I simply have to hope and trust that Bud and Wilcox have a solid plan in place. One thing I'm always amazed about was San Antonio's magical ability to convince players to take less money to stay with them. I'm hoping some of that ability has rubbed off on Bud, but we wont know until we see what kind of contracts Millsap, Carroll, and any other potential FA's sign. It's one thing to find diamond in the rough like DMC on cheap contracts; it's a whole different thing to convince established players to take less money to stay with you in order to win.

Pistons aren't getting Danny Green....no way Green picks the Pistons over playing with the Spurs who are about to acquire Aldridge.

Carroll won't sign with them either...Carroll wants money but he still wants to win too

• Premium Member

Just pay the luxury tax and pay DMC, Milsap and Aldridge..............keep everybody..........The Heat did it. Cleveland is doing it, just pay everybody and go get that trophy.......

Someone doesn't understand the CBA

• Like 1

Nope..Sap only signed a 2 year contract.  So did Carrol

Man, i dug into this and found out the Hawks have Early Bird exceptions on both of them. They CAN go over the cap to sign both of them, but in a limited capacity. The problem is the max that they could offer DMC under the Early Bird exception would not be enough. No wonder teams are coming after him hard. Looks like its gonna be Milsap signing and DMC leaving in free agency......

Edited by atlhawks1