I rather Marc Gasol, Edy T and a potential SF than DMC and Sap

NBASupes

• Premium Member

Solves more issues. Gives us a stud true center. We can sign Edy since we are under the cap. Sign someone like Wes Johnson to play SF. I like our options better this way.

the thought is that Horf would make a good PF.  its not true.  He loses all advantages at PF.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'd love to have Gasol, but I can't give him first priority. Sap is that. It's funny how much complaining so many of our own did about how underappreciated Sap is because, in essence, he's so lunch-bucket. But here we go... even our own underappreciating him. What's more, I think Bud would say that an important element of the offense lies in having at least one low-post player able to go out to the perimeter and be a consistent threat. Now, don't ask me how he knew that Sap would develop into that... maybe it was just his luck... but that Sap is... and Gasol nor Horford is.

the thought is that Horf would make a good PF.  its not true.  He loses all advantages at PF.

One star post. His biggest strength is his strength. How is he losing that. How is he losing anything moving to a weaker position.

Solves more issues. Gives us a stud true center. We can sign Edy since we are under the cap. Sign someone like Wes Johnson to play SF. I like our options better this way.

01eb59502be21c585c1fe7500fe6791f.jpg

forget about Gasol, cause it aint happening. Hawks arent making a big splash in FA, I'm just hoping they have solid back up

plan if DMC leaves.

Edited by pimp

1. Hosting team officials Wednesday in Spain & taking ZERO free agent meetings? Marc Gasol is all but back w/Grizz --> http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13172167/marc-gasol-not-taking-meetings-other-memphis-grizzlies 

View summary48 retweets25 favorites
     Retweet48
     Favorite25
    More

1. Hosting team officials Wednesday in Spain & taking ZERO free agent meetings? Marc Gasol is all but back w/Grizz --> http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13172167/marc-gasol-not-taking-meetings-other-memphis-grizzlies 

Retweet48
     Favorite25
    More

You guys do realize Dolfan created a twitter insert feature right?

Oh well, DMC and Sap it is.

Retweet48
     Favorite25
    More

Millsap and DMC or BUST it is.hi.gif

Yeah but this ain't happening man.....get ready for more sap and horford! It could be worse

You guys do realize Dolfan created a twitter insert feature right?

Oh well, DMC and Sap it is.

It's all good maybe sap and Al can be even better next season....oh and dmc of course too Edited by JTB

What the heck is wrong with this Gasol guy - loyal to his team? He's supposed to try to cash in......

Lol!!!....someone tell gasol it's the new millennium...there's no more loyalty! Cash in and win ring at the same time should have been his plan

• Premium Member

One star post. His biggest strength is his strength. How is he losing that. How is he losing anything moving to a weaker position.

im glad you let everyone know you were about to hit us with the one star post.  first Horf strength is his speed and ability to step out to the midrange.  Most 5s wont follow him.  Most 4s would.  Also, you said his advantage is his strength????  When has Horf overpowered anybody?  He doesnt have a lowpost goto move.  and you say strength???  Please!!!

• Like 3

im glad you let everyone know you were about to hit us with the one star post.  first Horf strength is his speed and ability to step out to the midrange.  Most 5s wont follow him.  Most 4s would.  Also, you said his advantage is his strength????  When has Horf overpowered anybody?  He doesnt have a lowpost goto move.  and you say strength???  Please!!!

His agility is a strength at PF and C. His strength is an asset. His speed isn't all that great unless it's in the open court. 

• Premium Member

His agility is a strength at PF and C. His strength is an asset. His speed isn't all that great unless it's in the open court. 

He loses the advantage of his midrange game and his speed at 4.  You know why he was silenced in the Cleveland series?  Tristen Thompson has no problem following him out to the midrange.  Tristen is a quicker 5 than Horf generally sees.  As a 4, Horf would see a whole lot of Guys who are quick or quicker than him and the would stick with him.  The problem is that you keep calling Horf strength, but Horf doesn't drag smaller guys down to the post and post them up?  He's a face up stretch 5.  He doesn't have that in his game.  You mention the Washington Series... The biggest play that Horf made in that series was coming in for a rebound and outquicking their 5 for the putback.  NOT posting up or scoring from the low post or using his strength to score down low.

People have problems with us because we force their bigs to come away from the paint or otherwise, Horf or Sap will kill them from the midrange.  When they do come out, we kill them with drives by Teague, Dennis, Baze... or Korver around a pick.

To put Horf at the 4 and tell him to be a scorer would give the rest of the league relief.  Sure Gasol can play in the midrange similar to Sap, but if Horf is the designated 4, he loses his advantage over all those bigs.