• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2015 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

I'm guessing it's safe to go hit up the BeltLine and grab some dinner this evening! @Nicholasp27 has until 7:30 AM Eastern tomorrow to pick, but I'll check back in around 10 PM just in case he picked "early"! (i.e., "Don't Wait Up!").

~lw3

Lol...but Nicholas promised he would pick within 2 hours as his punishment. That's what I remember from a couple of weeks ago lol. I kind of need you to make your pick lw3, granted it's not a rookie I can add him to your roster and give it another try.

Ps 2k made Curry impossible to guard :-(

• Moderators

With the 166th pick in the 2015 SDL Draft, the Lethal Voltage selects…

141002105743-nbarooks-marcus-smart-welco

Mahcus Smaht! Whoops, I mean [/New England voice], Marcus Smart (Point Gahd, er, Guard, Age 21, 6’4”, 220 lbs.)! He plays Wickid Hahd! That is to say, ahem, he plays the game with great fervor! Who's up for some chowder?

More on Smarty Basketball Jones later on! Off to go watch Bud coach in Africa!

Meanwhile, what’s Big, Blue, and runs a Dynasty Draft? Why, @AHF, of course, and he’s up next!

THE LETHAL VOLTAGE: Our mascot flew off and got a bit too carried away with a live wire. He’s now available in six-piece tenders at the food court.

PG: Wardell Stephen Curry II, Monsieur Emmanuel Mudiay, Marcus Osmond Smart

SG: Daniel Richard Green, Jr., Eric Gordon, Jr.

SF: Señor Trevor Anthony Ariza, Al-Farouq Ajiede Aminu

PF: Señor Karl-Anthony Towns, Jr., Patrick Davell Patterson

C:  Monsieur Rudy Gobert, Andrew Michael Bogut

HCIC: Gregg Popovich

~lw3

• Like 3

With the 166th pick in the 2015 SDL Draft, the Lethal Voltage selects…

141002105743-nbarooks-marcus-smart-welco

Mahcus Smaht! Whoops, I mean [/New England voice], Marcus Smart (Point Gahd, er, Guard, Age 21, 6’4”, 220 lbs.)! He plays Wickid Hahd! That is to say, ahem, he plays the game with great fervor! Who's up for some chowder?

More on Smarty Basketball Jones later on! Off to go watch Bud coach in Africa!

Meanwhile, what’s Big, Blue, and runs a Dynasty Draft? Why, @AHF, of course, and he’s up next!

THE LETHAL VOLTAGE: Our mascot flew off and got a bit too carried away with a live wire. He’s now available in six-piece tenders at the food court.

PG: Wardell Stephen Curry II, Monsieur Emmanuel Mudiay, Marcus Osmond Smart

SG: Daniel Richard Green, Jr., Eric Gordon, Jr.

SF: Señor Trevor Anthony Ariza, Al-Farouq Ajiede Aminu

PF: Señor Karl-Anthony Towns, Jr., Patrick Davell Patterson

C: Monsieur Rudy Gobert, Andrew Michael Bogut

HCIC: Gregg Popovich

~lw3

Nice pick! Steal at this spot. Physically he looked ready for the NBA as an 8th grader lol. He was on my list.

• Moderators

Well, we still have a few roles left to fill on this team.  Being an expert on casting roles, Ashley has a notion we could use a bit more experience on the squad as well as a defender who can throttle perimeter opponents.  She knows the importance of some strong defense:

double-jeopardy-ashley-judd-gun.jpg

With that in mind, the U-Niques take the man who turned the Hawks into a defensive juggernaut when he was on the floor last year.  As one of the elite perimeter defenders in the league and with a good enough 3pt shot to keep the defense spaced, we are honestly surprised to see him still around at this point in the draft.  

With the 167th pick in the 2015 dynasty draft, the U-Niques select:

THABO SEFOLOSHA

462727802.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

I won't belabor this pick since everyone knows the impact he had on the Hawks last season.  I'll just say this, I'm not sure there is a more potent defensive pairing in the league on the wings than Thabo and Lebron.

Welcome to squad, Thabo!

@Blazemore is on the clock

Position Starter Rotation Reserves Deep Bench
PG: Tony Parker (33) Ty Lawson (27)
SG: Bradley Beal (22) Mario Hezonja (20)
SF: Lebron James (30) Thabo Sefolosha (31) Dario Saric (21)
PF: Kevin Love (26) Terrence Jones (23) Kistaps Porzingis (19)
C: DeAndre Jordan (27) Jonas Valanciunas (23)
Edited by AHF
  • Like 2

Well, we still have a few roles left to fill on this team. Being an expert on casting roles, Ashley has a notion we could use a bit more experience on the squad as well as a defender who can throttle perimeter opponents. She knows the importance of some strong defense:

double-jeopardy-ashley-judd-gun.jpg

With that in mind, the U-Niques take the man who turned the Hawks into a defensive juggernaut when he was on the floor last year. As one of the elite perimeter defenders in the league and with a good enough 3pt shot to keep the defense spaced, we are honestly surprised to see him still around at this point in the draft.

With the 167th pick in the 2015 dynasty draft, the U-Niques select:

THABO SEFOLOSHA

462727802.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

I won't belabor this pick since everyone knows the impact he had on the Hawks last season. I'll just say this, I'm not sure there is a more potent defensive pairing in the league on the wings than Thabo and Lebron.

Welcome to squad, Thabo!

@Blazemore is on the clock

Position Starter Rotation Reserves Deep Bench PG: Tony Parker (33) Ty Lawson (27) SG: Bradley Beal (22) Mario Hezonja (20) SF: Lebron James (30) Thabo Sefolosha (31) Dario Saric (21) PF: Kevin Love (26) Terrence Jones (23) Kistaps Porzingis (19) C: DeAndre Jordan (27) Jonas Valanciunas (23)

Nice pick! Dang, both Smart and Thabo scratched from my list of 7 players left. Still got 5! Edited by Spud2Nique

With the 168th pick in the Hawk Squawk Dynasty Draft the Blazes select:

Manu Ginobli

I'm kind of shocked he is still around at this stage, sure he's old, but he still has some good years left in him. Ginobli will work as a big time shot creator in the clutch and a backup plan for Lance Stephenson. I expect Ginobli to bring his years of experience and aid the Blazes in getting their first championship.

With the 169th pick in the Hawk Squawk Dynasty Draft the Blazes select:

Kelly Olynyk

Olynyk is a young guy that has all ready proved himself a capable NBA player. He is able to reliably stretch defenses with his three and he is known for playing arm breaking defense. I expect his game to grow in time under the tutelage of Tim Duncan and his shot to grow with the help of Kyle Korver.

@AHF you're up.

PG: Kyle Lowry, Ricky Rubio

SG: Kyle Korver, Lance Stephenson, Manu Ginobli

SF: Gordon Hayward, Luol Deng

PF: Anthony Davis, Taj Gibson

C: Tim Duncan, Omer Asik, Kelly Olynyk

Coach: Steve Kerr

Edited by Blazemore
  • Like 1

• Admin

With the 168th pick in the Hawk Squawk Dynasty Draft the Blazes select:

Manu Ginobli

I'm kind of shocked he is still around at this stage, sure he's old, but he still has some good years left in him. Ginobli will work as a big time shot creator in the clutch and a backup plan for Lance Stephenson. I expect Ginobli to bring his years of experience and aid the Blazes in getting their first championship.

With the 169th pick in the Hawk Squawk Dynasty Draft the Blazes select:

Kelly Olynyk

Olynyk is a young guy that has all ready proved himself a capable NBA player. He is able to reliably stretch defenses with his three and he is known for playing arm breaking defense. I expect his game to grow in time under the tutelage of Tim Duncan and his shot to grow with the help of Kyle Korver.

@AHF you're up.

PG: Kyle Lowry, Ricky Rubio

SG: Kyle Korver, Lance Stephenson, Manu Ginobli

SF: Gordon Hayward, Luol Deng

PF: Anthony Davis, Taj Gibson

C: Tim Duncan, Omer Asik, Kelly Olynyk

Coach: Steve Kerr

i like the Olynyk pick

• Moderators

Sorry for the delay.  Was playing single dad today and having fun with the kids.  With the #170th pick in the draft, Ashley and I are pleased to see the #4 guy in both WS and WS/48 from the 2014 draft class still on the board.  He finished just ahead of Andrew Wiggins in total WS and crushed him in the per minute stat.  He likewise beat out his former teammate Jabari Parker in both areas. 

Now Ashley and I had one big reservation.  The kid's inability to spell.  He had the UK part right, but added a few extra letters for some reason.  We'll work on that with him:

" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0">

Nevertheless, with the 170th pick, the U-Niques round out this year's rotation with:

Rodney Hood

We think the kid shows a ton of promise as a solid rotation wing.  His elite college D combined with his .365% 3pt% shows very high potential as a 3&D guy for the next decade.  He had multiple 20+ point games as a rookie as well, showing some promise on the offensive side of the table.  Playing on a squad with star talent in front of him, that is the perfect kind of skill set to blend into the picture.  

Welcome aboard Mr. Hood!

1424267.jpg

@Nicholasp27 is on the board.

Edited by AHF
  • Like 2

• Moderators

@lethalweapon3 reaches out to touch one of the special young players of the 2015 class.  No...this isn't some cautionary Family Matters special.  He is using the #171st pick of the draft to bring a longhorn into the fold.

LW3 selects:

Myles Turner

960x540.jpg

Turner was one of the most physically gifted big men of the 2015 class, showing both a nice range of perimeter skills and shot blocking skills.  The Pacers are hitching themselves to him in attempting to rebrand themselves as a fast pace brand of basketball and a skilled young big man is a big part of that.  Now LW3's squad will get to enjoy that from this year's dynasty draft.

gettyimages-479930066_master.jpg

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Not on a roster, but Mek's still eligible... I think!

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/03/report-emeka-okafor-likely-to-delay-comeback-from-injury-until-next-season/

On second-thought, @, reading the eligibility rules...

You can Draft anybody that is currently in the league or is or has been draft eligible. So players eligible for the 2015 draft can be drafted as can foreign players drafted in the past or draft eligible in the past who haven't played in the NBA. Players like Josh Jackson or Harry Giles are still not eligible for this draft because they are not and have never been draft eligible.

I'd say a Commish call is in order. @AHF?

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

Not on a roster, but Mek's still eligible... I think!

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/03/report-emeka-okafor-likely-to-delay-comeback-from-injury-until-next-season/

On second-thought, @, reading the eligibility rules...

I'd say a Commish call is in order. @AHF?

~lw3

He's on the Celtics roster isn't he?