• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2015 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

• Admin

With the Crew's final selection in the draft ...

We are happy to announce our new coach is 

Brad Stevens

Brad is one of the top young coaches in the game ... wait let me rephrase that ... Brad is one of the top coaches in the game.  He knows how to get the most out of his players and with this team the sky is the limit for him.  

Basicly this article says it all  http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12773965/nba-how-brad-stevens-made-nothing-boston-celtics

The Crew is already a championship contending team and with a coach like Stevens we very well could take it to the top

CAPSTONE'S CREW

Coach Brad Stevens

PG. John Wall / Brandon Knight / Jordan Clarkson

SG  Victor Olidipo / Tyreke Evans / Aaron Afflalo

SF  Chandler Parsons / Robert Covington

PF Al Horford / Al Jefferson 

C. Dwight Howard / Robin Lopez / Mason Plumlee

• Like 1

With my final pick, I am going with another versatile PF/C that can score in and out.  He shot 36.8% from 3 on 2 attempts per game last year.  His combo of pumpfakes, up and unders and an ambidextrous hook shot make him one of the better low post scorers in the league. With crafty passing and a quick first step, he works great out of the high post and in the pick and roll.  He is no slouch on defense either. This 24 year old 7 footer will be a welcome addition to our frontcourt.

We select  Donatas Motiejunas

PG:  George Hill, Isaiah Thomas, D'Angelo Russell

SG:  Paul George, Nic Batum, Anthony Morrow

SF:  Carmelo Anthony, Michael-Kidd Gilchrist

PF:  Nerlens Noel, Danillo Gallinari, Donatas Motiejunas

C:    Demarcus Cousins, Jusuf Nurkic

Headcoach:  Stan Van Gundy

@Spud2Nique is on the clock.

Edited by JETSET
  • Like 1

I have compiled a boat load of talent with my roster. 13 players who really want to win and they will do anything to get that ring. A good mix of defense, offense, youth as well as veterans. All I need is a leader to show them the promise land. THE SLAMMAS WANT A LEADER, WE NEED A LEADER DAMNIT!!!! Sorry, got a bit excited there. As @AHF has said many times in this draft, what Ashley wants, Ashley gets, college coaches have not faired well overall so wish me luck here. With the 189th pick in the Dynasty draft, the Slammas select:

John Calip........NOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTT.... My apologies to Ashley, but this guy needs to be available for our resident Wildcat lover @AHF...but I gotcha!!!! ;-)

After 11.5/12 coaches (Jason Kidd's dad is African American) have been white, the Slammas are going with the first full African American coach in the draft. A guy that I grew up idolizing, imitating his moves on the court, trying to play smart like he did. A guy that the players can relate to because he's been through the wars. A guy whose teams have played hard, the right way, and won on many occasions. This guy was the coach of the year in 2000, a two time all star game head coach, as well as the NBA champion head coach of 2008. A head coaching record of 700-524, winning percentage of .572. Without further adieu, the Slammas select:

Glenn Anton "Doc" Rivers

@Alex is now officially on the clock

Edited by Spud2Nique

• Moderators

So, no @Alex (one pick, and Xxxx Xxxxxx is still out there for the taking), no @IheartFerry (one pick), and no @Nicholasp27 (two picks) yet. I believe that @jy23 is on the clock now, followed shortly thereafter by @.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

I guess I'm on the clock...I'm rolling with Mason Plumlee HA!!!! Bringing the brothers Plumlee back together lol

• Moderators

Still waiting on picks from:

@Nicholasp27 (2 picks; 3 picks after 3:00 PM Eastern, when @'s clock ends) 

@IheartFerry (2 picks)

@jy23 (1 pick; Plumlee Boyz already accounted for)

@ (1 pick, clock ends at 3:00 PM Eastern)

If Nick the Not-so-Quick doesn't pick by 8:00 AM Eastern tomorrow, I'll try to be ready for my final selection at that time.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

Tried to give @jy23 sometime to reselect a player, but I'm going to move the last round on now.

Why not take another chance with my last pick? I choose Aaron Gordon.

Really thought he was taken already, plenty of potential that can still be pulled out and I have a coach that works well with younger talent.

Raw athlete that still has plenty of growing to do. Ceiling is Blake Griffin, that's what we're aiming for.

@Nicholasp27 is up next.

• Like 3

If Nick the Not-so-Quick doesn't pick by 8:00 AM Eastern tomorrow, I'll try to be ready for my final selection at that time.

~lw3

Nick the not so quick...LOL

Well dang it...killed my little duke moment. I guess now I'm gonna roll with Kirk Hinrich. Don't see rose staying healthy and I fell he could get big minutes and be a decent 3rd pg for me

• Like 2

• Moderators

Tried to give @jy23 sometime to reselect a player, but I'm going to move the last round on now.

Really thought he was taken already, plenty of potential that can still be pulled out and I have a coach that works well with younger talent.

Raw athlete that still has plenty of growing to do. Ceiling is Blake Griffin, that's what we're aiming for.

@Nicholasp27 is up next.

Thought about taking Gordon the last 4 rounds. He'll be a much higher pick as his career progresses.

• Like 2

@Nicholasp27 is up next.

Was really hoping I'd get him for my final pick. Almost picked him of Olynyk, I think he has great potential to develop. Great pick.

• Like 2