• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2015 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

• Moderators

With the 194th pick in the 2015 SDL Draft, the Lethal Voltage selects…

IFWT_JaeCrowder_Wife-600x480.png

I’m sure you are killin’ it, Jae Crowder (Small Forward/Power Forward, Age 25, 6’6”, 235 lbs.)! I’m sure you are… I know you’re pleased as punch to be coming to Lethalopolis, so go ahead and take a moment to express your glee on your Instagram page… I’m sorry, what’s that?

As it appears Jae is working through some major Bae issues, let’s not let the Villa Rican hold this thing up.

@AHF is up next with the least surprising pick of the Draft!

THE LETHAL VOLTAGE: You’ll actually want to shake our owner’s hand.

PG: Wardell Stephen Curry II, Monsieur Emmanuel Mudiay, Marcus Osmond Smart

SG: Daniel Richard Green, Jr., Eric Gordon, Jr.

SF: Señor Trevor Anthony Ariza, Al-Farouq Ajiede Aminu, Corey Jae Crowder

PF: Señor Karl-Anthony Towns, Jr., Patrick Davell Patterson

C:  Monsieur Rudy Gobert, Mate Andrew Michael Bogut, Myles Christian Turner

HCIC: Gregg Popovich

~lw3

• Like 1

• Admin

With the 194th pick in the 2015 SDL Draft, the Lethal Voltage selects…

IFWT_JaeCrowder_Wife-600x480.png

I’m sure you are killin’ it, Jae Crowder (Small Forward/Power Forward, Age 25, 6’6”, 235 lbs.)! I’m sure you are… I know you’re pleased as punch to be coming to Lethalopolis, so go ahead and take a moment to express your glee on your Instagram page… I’m sorry, what’s that?

As it appears Jae is working through some major Bae issues, let’s not let the Villa Rican hold this thing up.

@AHF is up next with the least surprising pick of the Draft!

THE LETHAL VOLTAGE: You’ll actually want to shake our owner’s hand.

PG: Wardell Stephen Curry II, Monsieur Emmanuel Mudiay, Marcus Osmond Smart

SG: Daniel Richard Green, Jr., Eric Gordon, Jr.

SF: Señor Trevor Anthony Ariza, Al-Farouq Ajiede Aminu, Corey Jae Crowder

PF: Señor Karl-Anthony Towns, Jr., Patrick Davell Patterson

C:  Monsieur Rudy Gobert, Mate Andrew Michael Bogut, Myles Christian Turner

HCIC: Gregg Popovich

~lw3

great pick ... Hard worker and can fit with any team.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

With the 195th pick of the draft, it is time for Ashley and I to bid adieu to the 2015 Dynasty Draft.  

BUT before we go we get to make one more key pick. 

33143a8bd20c05d8bac8315c65d44e12.jpg

I knew that would make you happy!

So let's see what the key criteria are for our coach.  

• He needs NBA experience.

10868131-large.jpg

• He needs to have a good relationship with Lebron.

lebron-cal-277x235.jpg

• He needs to have put a ring on it.

10790713-large.jpg

• He needs a UK connection.

john-calipari-kentucky-profile-pic.jpg

So there is only one natural choice for our pick.  With 195th pick of the NBA, the U-Niques select:   

Erik Spoelstra

miami-heat-lebron-james-eric-spoelstra-d

Those key criteria?

• NBA Experience:  Coach Spoelstra has more finals appearances in recent years than any other NBA coach.  He seems well suited for our roster, having shepherded a poor-man's Jordan to near star status (Whiteside), having maximized Lebron's considerable talents, having made an aging perimeter gunner a killer (Allen) which bodes well for Beal, and having effectively utilized a talented perimeter power forward in a team scheme where he can no longer by the sole star (Bosh/Love).  He has demonstrated effective offense and killer defense and a championship mettle.  On top of that, he is only 45 so he has plenty of time to grow with our youngers while seizing the opportunity today with our dominating set of starters.
  • Lebron Touchstone:  This is the coach that got the absolute most out of Lebron.  Unlike Lebron's current coach, he has Lebron's respect and commitment on the floor.  We think these two have demonstrated how well they can work together.
  • Ring Time:  At 45, Spoelstra already has 2 rings and four final appearances.  He has clearly grown since his debut while performing at an exceptionally high level.
  • UK Connection:  This one is obvious right?  He has been mentored by the greatest UK alum among NBA coaching ranks, someone who we think will come along for the ride in an executive role with the U-Niques:

460x.jpg

Welcome to the U-Niques, Coach Spoelstra (and Mr. Riley!)

@Blazemore is on the clock!

• Like 3

• Moderators

Final Roster:

Position Starter Rotation Reserves Bench
PG: Tony Parker (33) Ty Lawson (27)
SG: Bradley Beal (22) Mario Hezonja (20) Rodney Hood (22)
SF: Lebron James (30) Thabo Sefolosha (31) Dario Saric (21)
PF: Kevin Love (26) Terrence Jones (23) Kristaps Porzingis (19)
C: DeAndre Jordan (27) Jonas Valanciunas (23)
Coach: Erik Spoelstra
Edited by AHF

• Moderators

shok.giflaugh.png

~lw3

The biggest factor for success for any college coach is the ability to recruit talent. Switch Duke's roster with Ga Tech's and UK's with UGA and Coach Cal might as well take a vacation and Coach K might as well go do therapy on his back for the season because they aren't sniffing the final four. In the NBA, you don't always get to enjoy a massive talent edge over the average NBA team like the elite college guys do over the average D1 team. Different skill sets needed to succeed in each environment. Cal is a fine college coach and legendary recruiter. I think college is the perfect environment for him. So I wanted a proven NBA coach who would keep honing his skills for years with this team and Sporlstra's success and success with Lebron has had me targeting him basically since Bud and Pops were gone.

• Like 1

With the 193rd pick in the Dynasty Draft Nicholas27 select:

Chris Washburn (of Washburn's Wings and more).

Yinka Dare and Chris Washburn provide the start of a formidable front court for years to come.

(Mic drop...)

Edited by Spud2Nique

• Moderators

With the 195th pick of the draft, it is time for Ashley and I to bid adieu to the 2015 Dynasty Draft.  

BUT before we go we get to make one more key pick. 

33143a8bd20c05d8bac8315c65d44e12.jpg

I knew that would make you happy!

So let's see what the key criteria are for our coach.  

• He needs NBA experience.

10868131-large.jpg

• He needs to have a good relationship with Lebron.

lebron-cal-277x235.jpg

• He needs to have put a ring on it.

10790713-large.jpg

• He needs a UK connection.

john-calipari-kentucky-profile-pic.jpg

So there is only one natural choice for our pick.  With 195th pick of the NBA, the U-Niques select:   

Erik Spoelstra

miami-heat-lebron-james-eric-spoelstra-d

Those key criteria?

• NBA Experience:  Coach Spoelstra has more finals appearances in recent years than any other NBA coach.  He seems well suited for our roster, having shepherded a poor-man's Jordan to near star status (Whiteside), having maximized Lebron's considerable talents, having made an aging perimeter gunner a killer (Allen) which bodes well for Beal, and having effectively utilized a talented perimeter power forward in a team scheme where he can no longer by the sole star (Bosh/Love).  He has demonstrated effective offense and killer defense and a championship mettle.  On top of that, he is only 45 so he has plenty of time to grow with our youngers while seizing the opportunity today with our dominating set of starters.
  • Lebron Touchstone:  This is the coach that got the absolute most out of Lebron.  Unlike Lebron's current coach, he has Lebron's respect and commitment on the floor.  We think these two have demonstrated how well they can work together.
  • Ring Time:  At 45, Spoelstra already has 2 rings and four final appearances.  He has clearly grown since his debut while performing at an exceptionally high level.
  • UK Connection:  This one is obvious right?  He has been mentored by the greatest UK alum among NBA coaching ranks, someone who we think will come along for the ride in an executive role with the U-Niques:

460x.jpg

Welcome to the U-Niques, Coach Spoelstra (and Mr. Riley!)

@Blazemore is on the clock!

Bill-Simmons-Says-Wow-2013-NBA-Draft.gif

I would have taken Calipari if I knew you were going to throw a screwball. lol

With the final(?) pick of the 2015 Hawk Squawk Dynasty Draft the Paulding County Blazes select:

Greivis Vasquez

A solid player that can we can expect to have some reliable minutes if needed as a third string PG/SG for the Blazes. The true value in him is his ability to play 2 positions, something that the majority of this team is capable of doing which will allow us to run a variety of creative line-ups.

Final Team:

PG: Kyle Lowry, Ricky Rubio, Greivis Vasquez

SG: Kyle Korver, Lance Stephenson, Manu Ginobli

SF: Gordon Hayward, Luol Deng

PF: Anthony Davis, Taj Gibson

C: Tim Duncan, Omer Asik, Kelly Olynyk

Coach: Steve Kerr

• Moderators

Bill-Simmons-Says-Wow-2013-NBA-Draft.gif

I would have taken Calipari if I knew you were going to throw a screwball. lol

I love Calipari but don't think he is the best bench coach.  I you combined Izzo's bench ability with Calipari's recruiting you would have an absolute juggernaut.  Without his ability to recruit superstar talent, I think Calipari is just a good coach.  In the NBA, that isn't enough which is why he needs to stay in college.  Calipari was smart and came back to college to enjoy huge success.  Saban was smart and did the same thing.  It isn't the same when you can't recruit.  Conversely, pro coaches who can't recruit will never accomplish anything in the college ranks.

Billy Donovan will be an interesting case study this year.  Don't be surprised to see him show a real learning curve.  He has the advantage of one of the best 3 players in the league along with another arguably top 10-20 guy which should put him in good shape but I think it was a bad hire for OKC. 

Edited by AHF

Billy Donovan will be an interesting case study this year.  Don't be surprised to see him show a real learning curve.  He has the advantage of one of the best 3 players in the league along with another arguably top 10-20 guy which should put him in good shape but I think it was a bad hire for OKC. 

Man, I didn't think you valued Durant that low. 10-20 is kinda low for a past MVP isn't it?

• Moderators

Man, I didn't think you valued Durant that low. 10-20 is kinda low for a past MVP isn't it?

Well, that is just tough for him.  We can't all be MVP level guys like Dakari Johnson, can we?

• Moderators

So Johnson was the guy in the 10-20 range? So Durant's not even Robin anymore to Westbrook's Batman? That's harsh man.

Johnson = 1-3 range

Kanter = 10-20 range

Had Kanter actually played at UK, you could make the case for him at 1-3.  Having only practiced with the team, I fear he is doomed to mere 10-20th status.

• Like 1

Maybe we could each give a summary of our team's strengths, weaknesses and style of play.  Then every one could give their top 5 teams for next year and then their top 5 for 4-5 years from now.

If folks are interested, lets wait until after LW3 blesses us with the teams and stat summaries before we begin.

Edited by JETSET
  • Like 2

• Moderators

derozan.jpg

The average Summer Dynasty Draftee is age 26.3, 6'-7.5", weighs 225 pounds, has been in the league for 5.9 seasons, and will make a 2015-16 salary of $9.0 million.

Closest to the pin? PSSSHHHRR87's DeMar DeRozan (age 26, 6'7", 220 pounds, 6 NBA seasons, 2015-16 salary $10.0 million)

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1