• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Supes rumors thread

NBASupes

Hawks gonna go into next season with the SAME squad as last year, with Hardaway as the big off season acquisition. They want nobody else.

We got Lebron beat.......as long as Matthew Dellavedova isn't playing. A healthy Irving and Love added to that team, Hardaway added to Hawks, we have to be the favorites, right?

• Like 1

Hawks gonna go into next season with the SAME squad as last year, with Hardaway as the big off season acquisition. They want nobody else.

That's how you build a system team

They get better each year that you keep the core in the system

The Spurs don't change more than one key part in any given year

We are going to be a "boring" offseason team for the next decade or however long we are lucky enough to have BUD, but we will also be contenders for the next decade

• Like 1

I'd trade Teague for Okafor in a heart beat. Oak is light years better than those two. He should have been the top pick in the draft. He won't be a superstar, but he'll be a regular all star.

I could have sworn this was about emeka okafor.....guess I missed something

Oh supe did say hinkie....where's my head at today....yeah Teague for jahil would be nice

Edited by JTB

• Moderators

That's how you build a system team

They get better each year that you keep the core in the system

The Spurs don't change more than one key part in any given year

We are going to be a "boring" offseason team for the next decade or however long we are lucky enough to have BUD, but we will also be contenders for the next decade

Spurs have a HOFer and three All-Stars on their roster. And the problem with our core is 4 out of the 5 starters are either over 30 or damn close to it. I can appreciate continuity and chemistry, but at what expense? We don't rebound, we have trouble scoring when the 3pter isn't falling, our bigs get dominated in the paint, and our perimeter defense isn't that great. Bringing back the same unit gives you the same results... 60 wins and a trip to the ECF is nice, but shouldn't be the goal. Doing the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.
  • Like 2

We got Lebron beat.......as long as Matthew Dellavedova isn't playing. A healthy Irving and Love added to that team, Hardaway added to Hawks, we have to be the favorites, right?

Nope........Hawks going nowhere until they address that small front line that cant rebound or defend the paint. The Horford/Sap tandem has to be broken up, but the Hawks are not gonna do that.

Nope........Hawks going nowhere until they address that small front line that cant rebound or defend the paint. The Horford/Sap tandem has to be broken up, but the Hawks are not gonna do that.

I should have used green font I guess.

I couldn't disagree with yall more on this Teague for Okafor talk lol this dude hasn't played a single minute in the NBA and yall are ready to trade an all-star PG for him smh.

I'm not even fully trusting in Jahlil's defense tbh. I'd rather take Noel at this point lol at least I know he'lol protect the rim

• Like 1

I'd trade Teague for Okafor in a heart beat. Oak is light years better than those two. He should have been the top pick in the draft. He won't be a superstar, but he'll be a regular all star.

Nah. At the end of the day he's a 6'9" center with a weight problem and a questionable work ethic. Pass.

He's 6'11 with shoes on....isn't that what matters? His work ethic? You mean the fact that the kid has been getting in better shape and losing weight since he stepped foot on dukes campus? You mean a guy who has won everywhere that he's been? You're questioning his work ethic? Based on what? Right now he could come in and be a better passing Al Jefferson....and he's only freaking 19. His defense isn't great but it's teachable. It's not about effort with him, if he continues to lose weight and work on his lateral quickness (as he's been doing) then he will be good enough on the perimeter to be a damn good player in this league. His positional defense is decent now and he could average like a block and a half per but he gets beat on pick and roll defense, he can be coached up.

• Like 1

"60 wins and a trip to the ECFs is nice"...Haha!....NICE ?? 

First time it has been done in this town.

Also known as 'Thank you Lebron and/or Bulls for not meeting us in the 2nd round this time, and waited until the ECF to sweep the Hawks'.

• Like 1

Also known as 'Thank you Lebron and/or Bulls for not meeting us in the 2nd round this time, and waited until the ECF to sweep the Hawks'.

Huh? Some of the posters here are either really annoying or they're just trolling... We won 60 games, had the 1st seed and that's why we didn't see the cavs until the ECF. You do understand the purpose of having seeds, right? And why even throw the bulls into the conversation?

Well my dream of Anthony Davis is over, Kawhi is gone. None of these other guys put us over the top for a 'ship so whatever. I'm back on my system-over-star sh$t. We could downgrade at 3 and 4, bolster our bench, and possibly still make the Confernece Finals. We did it last year with a payroll of peanuts, run it back.

• Like 1