• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Sap leaves for Orlando, what do we do?

NBASupes

To pay Millsap that much, DMC will have to accept less than the EB amount for us to keep him.  I'm thinking Ferry's 2 year contract plan may have been ill-conceived.

I think Ferry tried to offer him a longer contract but he wanted the 2 year.

• Moderators

Although Broussard said nothing of the Hawks offering that much. Just that the Magic had... I hate seeing the Magic steal Sap away from us, but if we are to remain competitive, we can't go right back into the Joe Johnson hole. I'd be comfortable with Sap at $14-15 per year, but not $20 mil.

Sounds like a case of making yourself better by making your opponent weaker.

We have no one to replace Millsap. We need to keep him at all cost.

I hate the Orlando Magic

Uh, no we don't.  That's the line of thinking that has JoeJohn set to make almost $24mil next season.

Budz gotta earn his money and make do with whatever we can get.

Cosign with Capstone; it's way too much. But what other options are there that are actually feasible? LMA? Get in line behind seven other teams trying to sign him to the same kind of deal you would. Gasol? He isn't taking any calls outside the 901 area code. And sorry, no one is trading a starting power forward for the likes of Mike Scott, Mike Muscala, and/or Shelvin Mack.

Bret Hart didn't get screwed in the Survivor Series the way the Hawks just did by the Tragic. Who saw 4/80 coming???

• Premium Member

Cosign with Capstone; it's way too much. But what other options are there that are actually feasible? LMA? Get in line behind seven other teams trying to sign him to the same kind of deal you would. Gasol? He isn't taking any calls outside the 901 area code. And sorry, no one is trading a starting power forward for the likes of Mike Scott, Mike Muscala, and/or Shelvin Mack.

Bret Hart didn't get screwed in the Survivor Series the way the Hawks just did by the Tragic. Who saw 4/80 coming???

You have to think Forward.  PF that is... jk...

I think next year when contracts skyrocket, what is being offered to Sap will seem like a normal contract.

I think next year when contracts skyrocket, what is being offered to Sap will seem like a normal contract.

That may be the case, but unfortunately it doesn't fix our current year cap problems.

• Like 1

I see that. But it still looks astronomical...4/80???

Exactly, my real issue is if this contract will prohibit resigning DMC. Sap for that much plus no DMC, I'm really not liking that.

• Premium Member

For some odd reason, this message board see Millsap as some transcendent player that the Hawks have to have as though we are competing for a championship next season with this team.  Its the most ridiculous notion ever!

For some odd reason, this message board see Millsap as some transcendent player that the Hawks have to have as though we are competing for a championship next season with this team.  Its the most ridiculous notion ever!

No one on this board see him as that. Most of us see him making 20 mil per as Joe Johnson like. 

• Premium Member

What happened to your plan Big D.  You know the one where your boy Sap signs for $14 mil and we live happily ever after??LOL!

From a cap standpoint, it might be the best we can do.

Interesting....

@stevekylerNBA

Paul Millsap to Orlando concept has been out there, a situation to watch is Tobias Harris to Hawks as part of a sign and trade

That's interesting. So what PF replaces Sap or would Al move to PF. Then who plays C. 

• Moderators

I think it's more the idea of losing talent from a contending team.   If he leaves he's making the decision to go to a rebuilding squad vs. stay on a contender.   That plus the idea of Scott/Horford being our starting frontcourt with Moose as the backup.