• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tiago Splitter traded to hawks

GrimeyKidd

• Premium Member

Tiago >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zaza.

and it's not even that close. 

Zaza >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Splitter and its not even that close.

See, two can play that game.

• Premium Member

Having a bunch of guys doesn't mean you replace a starter. If that was the case let's just flood our team with shooting guards to find the next Michael Jordan or get a ton of centers to get the next Hakeem.

Zaza >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Splitter and its not even that close.

See, two can play that game.

True. But you're overly negative about everything the team does. We needed rebounding, size and interior defense. Things that killed us in the playoffs. We got all those for absolutely nothing. He's not overpaid in this NBA. Not even close. I don't see how anyone in their right mind can say it's a negative move. I'll give you the Thj, I'd rather had the rookie.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

• Like 1

Zaza shoots on the pick and pop at the same level that Dirk does. Go ask Cuban, he specifically mentioned that as one of the main reasons they got him. He also plays hard and is an active body. None of that applies to Splitter.

C'mon Soth, you believe Cuban, did you believe him when he said DeAndre could be a 20/20 franchise guy?

If someone on the Squawk said Zaza shoots like Dirk on the pick n pop, they'd get roasted.

Having a bunch of guys doesn't mean you replace a starter. If that was the case let's just flood our team with shooting guards to find the next Michael Jordan or get a ton of centers to get the next Hakeem.

I may be reading you wrong, but are you saying that DMC will be as hard to replace as Jordan? I may have had one too many tonight, please tell me that's the case.

• Like 1

Zaza always shot the midrange well but as we used to joke around here about who the real midrange shawtys were between him, Al and Smoove, you really can't claim that a guy who maybe takes 100 jumpers all season is on the level of someone who takes eleventy billion and still converts on the same rate.

• Like 1

Zaza shoots on the pick and pop at the same level that Dirk does. Go ask Cuban, he specifically mentioned that as one of the main reasons they got him. He also plays hard and is an active body. None of that applies to Splitter.

Yes, yes, I see your point. That must be exactly why he started 40 of 65 career postseason games for the franchise that has won 5 of the last 15 NBA championships.

C'mon Soth, you believe Cuban, did you believe him when he said DeAndre could be a 20/20 franchise guy?

If someone on the Squawk said Zaza shoots like Dirk on the pick n pop, they'd get roasted.

While Soth maybe agreeing with Cuban who said something stupid on DJ, he was right about Zaza. Zaza is undervalued but Splitter to me is better because he's a spot starter who is as consistent as a starter. That's rare and something Zaza lacked.

I may be reading you wrong, but are you saying that DMC will be as hard to replace as Jordan? I may have had one too many tonight, please tell me that's the case.

I don't agree with much of what Sothron says, but no, that's not what he was saying. I swear people on message boards have the most difficult time with analogies. This isn't just you and I'm not picking on you. I've seen it in my own posts recently, and well, have for years actually. I see other people jumble other's analogies all the time too. It's a pretty big problem apparently. I need to stop using them. 

• Premium Member

Uh...no? I am not comparing DMC to Jordan. I am saying that having a bunch of guys on a roster to replace a starter doesn't work. You can't just grab a bunch of guys and hope one of them magically is the answer.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Stats wise, he was right. Zaza can actually shoot that shot. I'm sure Dallas will let him shoot it more often than he has in the past.

Besides, he plays harder on both ends of the court than Splitter. He also doesn't have the injury issues that Splitter has. I'd seriously much rather have Zaza than Splitter. Splitter is going to be exposed not playing with Duncan to cover him here.

Uh...no? I am not comparing DMC to Jordan. I am saying that having a bunch of guys on a roster to replace a starter doesn't work. You can't just grab a bunch of guys and hope one of them magically is the answer.

DMC was largely seen as a backup by much of this forum when we signed him. He was hungry, played within his means and within the system, and turned into a very valuable starter for us. It can happen again. It's really not that far fetched.

• Like 1

What I see happening is we will start the season with a "committee" approach at the SF position where Thabo, Bazemore, Korver, Scott and Millsap will all get minutes. Actually it is kind of exciting. Depending on the situation we can play with big lineups (Millsap or Scott at SF) or we can go small (Korver or Bazemore at SF).  If this system doesn't work then we will probably look for a mid-season trade like Cavs did last season.

• Like 3

The loss of DMC means more scoring oportunities for our Big 3 (Teague, Millsap, Horford)

IDK. I dont think they ever ran much for DMC. When I think of DMC scoring baskets, I think of offensive rebounds and other hustle action resulting in easy baskets here and there, and mostly getting uninspired passes around the perimeter and having defenders on him not believing he just made that shot.

He had a great season. I dont think he will be worth the money for Toronto. I think though he did optimal for we did with him. Maybe Millsap gets more action ala DMC, but then again, he already plays hard to his physical limits very often it seems.

I really think we need another real option on the SF spot.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

Question to those who highly valued Pero's screens AND know Splitter: Is he as good a setter as Pero? He can't be better, right? I'm thinking Pero is stronger and wider, maybe a little quicker in and out with stiffer brakes?

Edited by benhillboy

Question to those who highly valued Pero's screens AND know Splitter: Is he as good a setter as Pero? He can't be better, right? I'm thinking Pero is stronger and wider, maybe a little quicker in and out with stiffer brakes?

He sets better screens than Pero, he is stronger than Pero, but yes Tiago is quicker with stiffer breaks.

Zaza was a cool tough guy that we all loved in the chat...he could "stand up" and opponents feared his head-butts.

He was also a Foody.

Splitter is a professional basketball player who brings considerably more skill and game savvy.

Edited by DJlaysitup