• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Goodbye DMC...

Diesel

15 mill/yr ridculous.Still don't want to pay Sap 20 million per year.

Everyone needs to stop comparing the "old NBA contracts" with thew new NBA contracts.  $15 million is a ridiculous amount, but the new superstar guys are going to be making $30 million+ per year!  If the old superstar level was $18-$22 million, who wouldn't have thought twice about giving a guy like Carroll $9-$11 million per?  It's a new day y'all.  

• Moderators

Everyone needs to stop comparing the "old NBA contracts" with thew new NBA contracts.  $15 million is a ridiculous amount, but the new superstar guys are going to be making $30 million+ per year!  If the old superstar level was $18-$22 million, who wouldn't have thought twice about giving a guy like Carroll $9-$11 million per?  It's a new day y'all.  

Or it's a one year panic/blip.   It's happened before i think.

Congrats to DMC. Way too much money but I'm glad its not us paying him.

I hope fans who kept talking about how certain players wont leave because they like it here and they will take a discount will stop that crap. At the end of the day you dont know these guys. This is probably his one and only big contract so its not shocking he took the money..

I wish him well

• Like 3

• Moderators

I wonder what the largest raise historically for someone at that point in their career has been.

Not sure.  Gilbert Arenas increased the value in his second contract more than sixteen times so by % or ratio he beats DMC.  I suspect a lot of non-lottery studs who broke out made some huge % jumps.  

For raw numbers, that will be someone more recent given the fact that raw dollars don't adjust for salary cap inflation.

Or it's a one year panic/blip.   It's happened before i think.

I was thinking about that also. Are teams overreacting to the rising cap and giving away huge contracts or are we being unnecessarily cautious. I guess we will understand in a few years.

So - it looks like a.)  We really didn't have all that much cap space. b.) Other teams must have a ton of it. c.)  All those wins didn't seem to make us a more attractive FA market.  d.) If Sap goes to Orlando this is going to go down as Black Wednesday.......

• Like 1

This is how you get in salary cap hell overpaying players just look at JJ.

So does this mean Bron makes as much as Sap this year?

No matter what - don't overpay.  Took us 2 seasons to build this team.  Took 3 seasons if you count the year it took to recover from salary cap hell as well as all the seasons that we were in it, and couldn't get out.