• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs. East. Damn.

Diesel

U forgot Indiana with PG 13 & Monta & company & still can't sleep on Boston, Charlotte & Orlando. The East might not be head to toe with the West but both conferences are getting a lot tougher at least on paper. Still say we are top 3

It would be great for the NBA if both conference were very competitive.  This ultimately allows the league to expand.

Other than the obvious (Cleveland), the Wizards and Raptors worry me the most.

The Heat will definitely make some noise though.

Not too worried about the Pacers or Bucks but I've been wrong before, just can't remember when.

Edited by ATLSmith

I now think they wasted money with Middleton. I think they may be in the trade mode in the early season. Boy I would love a shot at Jabari Parker.

Middleton was their own FA with bird rights so they sign Monroe and others first and then go over cap for Middleton

Middleton is also their best player

Where they messed up was trading for MCW...no MCW team will ever go anywhere

Top 5 will remain the same...we will be top 3 in there...hopefully 1/2 and not 3

For the last 3 spots I like 3 of these 4 teams:

Bucks

Heat

Pacers

Celtics

Pistons/Magic are a few years away

Nets/Hornets going nowhere but mid-lotto

Knicks/Sixers will be bad (but 6ers will be a long-term contender in a few years)

Need to see rest of moves before finalizing top 9 placement

Edited by Nicholasp27

Only Cavs concern me:

1. Washington losing PP is huge, think they take a step back. Nene and Hammer will slip further.

2. Toronto killed us inside with Amir and their C whose name escapes me, no longer a problem. Vasquez also killed us

3. Indy - will Hibbert be traded or not, will he get his head right.

4. Bulls - will Rose and Noah stay healthy, will their defense be the same with new coach.

5. Detroit - if Jennings comes back how does that work with Jackson

6. Charlotte will Charlotte

7. Bucks - with Jabari back, how will the rotations gel.

The Bucks will have improve the most out of all Eastern Conference teams.

How I think the East will shake out next year:

1. Cavaliers

2. Hawks

3. Wizards

4. Bucks

5. Bulls

6. Raptors

7. Boston

8. Miami

• Admin

Only Cavs concern me:

1. Washington losing PP is huge, think they take a step back. Nene and Hammer will slip further.

2. Toronto killed us inside with Amir and their C whose name escapes me, no longer a problem. Vasquez also killed us

3. Indy - will Hibbert be traded or not, will he get his head right.

4. Bulls - will Rose and Noah stay healthy, will their defense be the same with new coach.

5. Detroit - if Jennings comes back how does that work with Jackson

6. Charlotte will Charlotte

7. Bucks - with Jabari back, how will the rotations gel.

I think Otto Porter is ready to step into the Pierce role.  He really stepped up and matured in the playoffs and looked like a really good SF.

I think Otto Porter is ready to step into the Pierce role. He really stepped up and matured in the playoffs and looked like a really good SF.

Maybe but you can't teach what PP has (I almost hurled giving PP props) Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Other than the super team in Cleveland I'm more worried about a Miami team if they stay healthy. Their starting five is insanely good. Like scary good. Dragic is one of the most underrated players I've ever seen in the NBA.

• Like 1

• Admin

Other than the super team in Cleveland I'm more worried about a Miami team if they stay healthy. Their starting five is insanely good. Like scary good. Dragic is one of the most underrated players I've ever seen in the NBA.

You can't underestimate anyone ... we were written off before the season began last year and we won 60 games

• Moderators

I am more skeptical of Miami.  Wade and Bosh are big health risks.  Their rookie could be boom, bust, average, etc.  Dragic is good but not great.  Whiteside was a revelation but isn't a polished, all-around guy.  The bench is pretty bad.  I don't see them in the top half of the East playoff teams for sure.

• Like 1

I am more skeptical of Miami. Wade and Bosh are big health risks. Their rookie could be boom, bust, average, etc. Dragic is good but not great. Whiteside was a revelation but isn't a polished, all-around guy. The bench is pretty bad. I don't see them in the top half of the East playoff teams for sure.

I don't, either. I see them as a fringe playoff team fighting for the 6-8th seed and not much more than that...

Maybe but you can't teach what PP has (I almost hurled giving PP props)

Wanted to give this a like but I'm all out for the day..despite apparently having an infinite amount lol...so I'll give this post a LOVE..lol

• Premium Member

I am more skeptical of Miami.  Wade and Bosh are big health risks.  Their rookie could be boom, bust, average, etc.  Dragic is good but not great.  Whiteside was a revelation but isn't a polished, all-around guy.  The bench is pretty bad.  I don't see them in the top half of the East playoff teams for sure.

I can't agree with that in total.

If Bosh plays and is healthy, that's a hard team to beat.   Remember they played the whole season without him and just missed the playoffs.  Dragic makes them a lot better.   They may not be a playoff team, but If they burn themselves out in the reg season, I can see that bunch being no worse than 4th in the East.

I was wondering when this thread was going to get created. How many years do we have to go through the draft and FA and talk about how good the East are going to be before we realize that injuries are going to happen, teams are going to be drastically overrated, and the Hawks are going to be surpass expectations? 

Last year at this time I was thinking we were a .500 team and that the Bulls were going to dominate in the East. 

• Like 2

I was wondering when this thread was going to get created. How many years do we have to go through the draft and FA and talk about how good the East are going to be before we realize that injuries are going to happen, teams are going to be drastically overrated, and the Hawks are going to be surpass expectations?

Last year at this time I was thinking we were a .500 team and that the Bulls were going to dominate in the East.

Happens every year smh