• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Edy Man Cometh: Hawks agreed to multi-year contract with 7-3 center Walter Tavares

Static

Fair enough but still Portuguese and Spanish are about 80% exactly the same.

It's not that easy. Structures are pretty much the same but not the vocabulary. If someone who knows portuguese slows down when talking I may understand him, but it has some difficulties. Sometimes it's very difficult to explain the meaning of a word if you can't translate it. I even have problems trying to understand Galician which is much similar to Spanish (it's like a language between Portuguese and Spanish).

Anyway Tavares knows Spanish. I've heard him talk in Spanish and it's not perfect, but he can maintain a conversation. In fact, his girlfriend is from Gran Canaria.

But it's always much better to have someone who talks in your tongue language.

The Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club has signed center Walter “Edy” Tavares, it was announced today by President of Basketball Operations/Head Coach Mike Budenholzer. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not announced. 

– via NBA.com

Mike Budenholzer, Walter Tavares,Atlanta Hawks

“We followed Edy closely the past two seasons with Gran Canaria and are excited to officially have Edy as a member of our team. We would like to thank the coaches and executives of Gran Canaria as they played a significant role in Edy’s development and we look forward to continuing his improvement in our player development program,” Budenholzer said. 

– via NBA.com

Gran Canaria, Walter Tavares, Atlanta Hawks

Go ahead and cut him/ trade him now, Bud.

Bud hates Rookies,

especially ones who can't D UP.

Roll with Horford /Splitter and get another SG/SF that can shoot!

I do think VET Henry Sims can be the 3rd C though for cheap. 

Edited by iDash