• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Glenn Robinson III?

GameTime

Young player with tons of potential. I think Bud can nurture his talents and make him a solid contributor for this team.

Uh ohhhh...Michigan reunion with THJ? :-)

Uh ohhhh...Michigan reunion with THJ? :-)

That would mean more hate from Alex. I would support the signing only for it.

I thought Glen Robinson III would be better in the NBA than THJr. It seems I was wrong...

• Like 1

That would mean more hate from Alex. I would support the signing only for it.

I thought Glen Robinson III would be better in the NBA than THJr. It seems I was wrong...

It is all about situation. T-Wolves and the 76ers are hardly ideal for any rookie. You put him in Bud's system and let him nurture this young kid and teach him the in's and out's of this league and see how he does.

• Like 4

If Bazemore is a typical 10-12 man, the gap between him and GRIII is noticeable. With that said, Robinson has a lot of potential and fits our system but he's not going to get any minutes next year at SF for us. He's a year away at the least. He is going to have to become a much improved shooter and defender at this level. The tools are there on defense. He could be a special defender but he's not there yet.

Edited by NBASupes

• Admin

If Bazemore is a typical 10-12 man, the gap between him and GRIII is noticeable. With that said, Robinson has a lot of potential and fits our system but he's not going to get any minutes next year at SF for us. He's a year away at the least. He is going to have to become a much improved shooter and defender at this level. The tools are there on defense. He could be a special defender but he's not there yet.

well then he is out as far as I am concerned ... We need a guy who can start and contribute

well then he is out as far as I am concerned ... We need a guy who can start and contribute

He's a guy that needs to be in the D-League for a year being developed. I feel like the Sixers play guys too many minutes in the NBA which delays their development who aren't ready.

• Premium Member

Get him. He's cheap and can be groomed. He has all of the tools, he just needs development and he can get that here. If JYD could become what he became in just 2 seasons here, GRIII can be that much better.

• Like 1

Get him. He's cheap and can be groomed. He has all of the tools, he just needs development and he can get that here. If JYD could become what he became in just 2 seasons here, GRIII can be that much better.

It depends. He's not where JYD was when he came to Atlanta. Like I said, he's a notch below Bazemore. But his length, size and BBIQ is useful. He could develop into a very good 3 and D guy but he's really a cut and roll with some D guy and that's not a role that exist in the NBA.

• Premium Member

It depends. He's not where JYD was when he came to Atlanta. Like I said, he's a notch below Bazemore. But his length, size and BBIQ is useful. He could develop into a very good 3 and D guy but he's really a cut and roll with some D guy and that's not a role that exist in the NBA.

I think you might be selling GRIII a little short. His offensive game looks a little further along than Bazemore's. He looks more fluid and natural as a scorer as well. I think he's starting from a better floor than JYD and has a higher ceiling if he commits to improving on offense and defense. 

• Like 1

I think you might be selling GRIII a little short. His offensive game looks a little further along than Bazemore's. He looks more fluid and natural as a scorer as well. I think he's starting from a better floor than JYD and has a higher ceiling if he commits to improving on offense and defense. 

Not really, Bazemore can score at a NBA level with more ease than Robinson. Robinson can score off of screens and transition a lot better than Baze right now but it hasn't happened so far in his career. Baze simply was a more polished player at this stage compared to Robinson. I think the potential is there to be much better than Bazemore due to his length, fit in our system and defensive potential but where Bazemore was at going into his 2nd year was more promising than Robinson at the same time period. Robinson has the potential to get a lot better but it's no lock that it will happen, in fact, he could get worse.

• Moderators

DMC had a high floor coming here.  He did exactly what he did in Utah here.  He just made more shots.  GRIII hasn't done anything and hasn't shot well when he did it so far.  His floor is pretty low.