• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks a strong candidate for free agent Wesley Johnson

GameTime

D12, Deandre Jordan, LaMarcus Aldridge - walked away from the 5th year of guaranteed money. Teams will be offering him a max deal just like the Hawks.

I never really thought of those as loyal guys... And I'm not seeing that Horford has issues with any players on the team like DJ did. I'm betting that LMA is npt a big fan of the PG they have down there either. Plus, Matthews had that bad injury.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I never really thought of those as loyal guys... And I'm not seeing that Horford has issues with any players on the team like DJ did. I'm betting that LMA is npt a big fan of the PG they have down there either. Plus, Matthews had that bad injury.

All true but never say never.

• Premium Member

I don't think Atlanta wants to sign him to the vet min just in case he shine and clearly exceeds his salary, we can't resign him because we wouldn't have his bird rights. Doing a SnT might be the only option we will do considering what just happened to DMC.

Like I said, he fits. That's clear but like Hardaway, he has had severe consistency issues. Is that someone you want to hand a starting job to BUT I would start him over Bazemore in our system any damn day of the week and not think twice about it. Of course I am not starting Hardaway and Korver for defensive reasons.

We will see.

I say we bring him to compete. 3 years 6 million with  team option on the 3rd year. He comes and excels, in his 4th year, we pay him a big contract which we can do with his bird rights.

I don't think Atlanta should ever do a 2 year deal again unless it's for players like Bazemore, Brand, Luc Richard Mbah Munte, Quincy Acy, etc. Limited potential players with limited potential regardless of the system. Hardaway like Johnson... We need their bird rights. Too talented and a good fit so how they can improve is much more likely than the avg.

LAC got him for vet minimum?

At least we know we were competitive (, assuming we made an offer, of course).

• Premium Member

the  SF market is drying up fast, Im fearing we are going to make a very short sighted trade for a SF. I cant imagine us relying on an aging/rehabbing thabo to be our full time starting SF.

No one is "full time" in this offense. But I can more than imagine him starting. I do, however, hope we'll acquire a 24-ish back-up whose health we can depend on, and who we can develop.

No one is "full time" in this offense. But I can more than imagine him starting. I do, however, hope we'll acquire a 24-ish back-up whose health we can depend on, and who we can develop.

You severely overrate Thabo. I pray the Hawks org don't or we are in trouble.

All true but never say never.

He's assuming Al is fine with everything. He's assuming Al loves playing center and not being on a contender if we fail to make it past the 2nd round this upcoming season. He's assuming Al is content. Sounds like an extremely risky prop. Even Marc Gasol has thoughts of leaving. Honestly, I think the Jeff Green trade gave him hope that they are right there, just need more development on the bench and a clean bill of health. Without that trade, I think Marc would be elsewhere.

He's assuming Al is fine with everything. He's assuming Al loves playing center and not being on a contender if we fail to make it past the 2nd round this upcoming season. He's assuming Al is content. Sounds like an extremely risky prop. Even Marc Gasol has thoughts of leaving. Honestly, I think the Jeff Green trade gave him hope that they are right there, just need more development on the bench and a clean bill of health. Without that trade, I think Marc would be elsewhere.

The Hawks have a center... Splitter and Walter... You know, the big man that people think will be the next Shaq or something...

The Hawks have a center... Splitter and Walter... You know, the big man that people think will be the next Shaq or something...

Like I said, we don't have the success we had this upcoming year as we had last, we could be in serious trouble. Every team has cap space. Even Golden State.

I'll rather know we got a suped up squad and lose due to injuries like Memphis than go in not talented enough and Al's in his contract year and everyone wants him.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member

You severely overrate Thabo. I pray the Hawks org don't or we are in trouble.

While I appreciate your input here... genuinely... my thought is that if anyone is severely overrating anything, it's probably Supes overrating himself... ie, your ability to assess players.

Thabo will be the starting SF, and it won't look much different than when DMC was starting... he was already getting serious minutes when healthy.

The fall-off will be in who is getting those other minutes he used to get... which I agree is still an important issue regardless that needs attention.

I have great trust that Budcox is fully engaged in that issue.

• Like 1

Thabo is non existent offensively. Years ago he could shoot a three ball, but now he's worthless. It's 4 on 5 on offense.

And any team that is serious about trying to win isn't gonna start Thabo.

• Like 1

Thabo is non existent offensively. Years ago he could shoot a three ball, but now he's worthless. It's 4 on 5 on offense.

Yep, his shot isnt consistent enough to be a starter.

Welsey and Alan gone.....

Hawks have the best chance for these wings to get playing time and a better contract for the future and people still don't want to come here.

C'mon Mbah, Dorell, or Gerald....wild.gif

Edited by GameTime

I wouldn't say he's Bazemore on offense in terms of ball stopping and high usage but he's very limited offensively and the biggest strength of our starting five last year was everyone can score and hold their own on offense. Thabo was great at his limited 18-20 MPG role. You add more minutes, ruin the starting unit plus he won't have an off-season or pre-season and your asking for problems. 

Hawks have the best chance for these wings to get playing time and a better contract for the future and people still don't want to come here.

Ah, fret not my friend.  There's nothing to indicate we even wanted those bums.  I feel it's likely we're going to make a trade for a SF.  Probably will be someone out of nowhere where we'll all go, "Hmm, okay."

stop-it.jpg

The Hawks SYSTEM is gonna win them a chip, not players.......................according to the squawk..........

• Like 1