• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks a strong candidate for free agent Wesley Johnson

GameTime

I didn't see these 4 stars scoring the ball at will in the playoffs.

Can't deny you're correct here. We don't have anyone who you can honestly say can get their points at will in the playoffs but then again those types of players are rare.

Negative ghost rider I even created a mockic asking the negative Nancy's who were giving up on the Hawks to sign up to have their accounts deleted. There are dozens of pages in the topics for each of those signings with people throwing hissy fits about us signing those scrubs.

I probably was banned at the time.

Is that not the SAME thing i said, but in a different way????????? lmao

I said " the system is gonna get it done, not players, according to the squawk."

You said " nobody ever said that."

Then turned around and said " It has been pointed out tho that we don't necessarily need the biggest names and sexiest stats to get it done with our system. "

robert-deniro-laughing.gif

Actually no. You said the system wins....I said we don't need the biggest names to win WITHIN the system. We do need certain players with certain qualities tho to have things flow properly. Very few players if any can win without a proper system in place and no system can win without proper players.

That is why I said EVERYTHING else I said in that post. You and others complain about our roster moves without taking into account the system we have in place. You're trying to play NBA2K but this is real life.

Like i said before we don't need the biggest names or sexiest stats to make our system work, but we still need players that fit in our system and can make it work. I trust the guys in the front office to make that happen. Still don't understand?

• Like 1

I probably was banned at the time.

Lol I think you were bc there were so many people losing their mind
  • Like 1

We have 4 starters who can score the ball at will. Thabo can still slash and finish at the rim better than DeMarre. We can afford to have a more defensive minded player in Thabo alongside our starters. Maybe we dont jump out to big leads as fast (which stopped happening even with DMC still here) but our defense will also be a lot tighter. Carroll wasnt as good a defender as he gets credit for. As with most players the better he got offensively the less energy and effort he had defensively. He is/was still scrappy but definately not a stopper by any means. Thabo on the other has proven to be a shut down defender and I think he can still put up 10 pts a game given the minutes. We will be just fine with him starting. Maybe even better. We need another guy who can defend bigger 3's but we arent hurting for a starter either

uh no we don't. We only have 2 and that's pushing it since we can't count on Millsap all the time. Jeff is the only guy on the squad capable of scoring the ball no matter what. everyone else can be taken out of the game easily with the right gameplan, especially in the playoffs. Y'all can keep thinking a system alone will take us to the promise land, because we were looking shaky all playoffs.

• Like 1

So, Harrison Barnes next year, 3 years, 37?

Seriously though, I'm good with whatever BudCox decides on the wing. If they could get KD in here they would. They're doing the best with what they've got. We all know Bud is a coaching zealot who champions his system over any player. Demarre was the man, yet easily replaced if THJr, Baze, and Holiday step up. Dennis is gonna tear the league a new ass next year anyway, damn a SF.

Edited by benhillboy