• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hello? Demarre? We JUST found another $3m... you SUUUUREE you don't wanna just come back to ATL?

sturt

• Premium Member

I kid, guys.

Reality is, once Sap was certain to get more than the early bird, DMC's fate was sealed.

What is pretty interesting is that, at least off the top of my head, it seems like the Splitter money takes us right to the edge of the cap, and we won't actually have to shed any salary to accommodate him. Could be wrong. I'm sure @hawksfanatic is already busy calculating.

But it IS about $3m more than C-Viv reported it "WILL" be last week.

Edited by sturt

I kid, guys.

Reality is, once Sap was certain to get more than the early bird, DMC's fate was sealed.

What is pretty interesting is that, at least off the top of my head, it seems like the Splitter money takes us right to the edge of the cap, and we won't actually have to shed any salary to accommodate him. Could be wrong. I'm sure @hawksfanatic is already busy calculating.

But it IS about $3m more than C-Viv reported it "WILL" be last week.

Everything was calculated about a week ago: http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2015/7/2/8882881/intermediate-update-of-the-cap

Renouncing everyone would start the Hawks at $43,239,218 (11 players, so add in a roster hold).

Add Paul at $18.8m (pending...could be more) puts the Hawks at $61,514,125.

Cap Space would be $8,485,875. Tiago would fit within there because if you are trading, then you can exceed the cap by $100,000. Tiago could actually have a trade kicker of $171,750 (difference is $85,875 from the cap and the kicker is spread out equally across 2 years).

So the Hawks don't have to do anything. But they'd be in a better position if they did because Edy on a 3+ year contract is the smarter option.

Everything was calculated about a week ago: http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2015/7/2/8882881/intermediate-update-of-the-cap

Renouncing everyone would start the Hawks at $43,239,218 (11 players, so add in a roster hold).

Cap Space would be $8,485,875. Tiago would fit within there because if you are trading, then you can exceed the cap by $100,000. Tiago could actually have a trade kicker of $171,750 (difference is $85,875 from the cap and the kicker is spread out equally across 2 years).

So the Hawks don't have to do anything. But they'd be in a better position if they did because Edy on a 3+ year contract is the smarter option.

Thanks Cap champion!

• Moderators

Agreed. We have to end up with bird rights for Edy.