• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Been watching some Horford/Noah action, and it's tempting to imagine similar Horford/Splitter action

sturt

• Premium Member

I'm wondering if we're failing to fully appreciate our luck in having a viable center who does a little bit of everything well land in our lap. I also think of the extra rest that could be in store for Al given the minutes that Splitter and Milsap could spend on the court in the low post.

Could Horford Future be even better than the Horford Past who already has been All-Star material?

• Like 1

• Moderators

I find it interesting how close we got to a Horford / Noah draft.  He went #9 and we picked #11.  I would have loved to see us trade up and get him. 

Al works well with good passing big men.  It was one of the best parts of Smooth's game when he was here.  He should be able to run some nice action with Splitter as well, especially with high and low post definition.

• Like 1

The Splitter acquisition is HUGE. Think of how many more games Hawks would've won last year had Splitter been in there when Antić was bombing...

• Like 2

I really would love to see a Splitter/Horf/Sap/Korver/Teague lineup for about 10 minutes a night. What a curve ball...

• Like 3

I dont know about Splitter with Horford, but im pretty confident saying that if the Hawks had Noah with Horford, they couldve beat Cleveland in the playoffs.......I wouldve deployed a big lineup with Sap at 3, Carroll at the 2 with Noah and Horford up front. I know it wouldnt have never happened, but just on paper, man, what a lineup.......

Edited by atlhawks1

The Splitter acquisition is HUGE. Think of how many more games Hawks would've won last year had Splitter been in there when Antić was bombing...

i agree with you completely under one condition. It is a "healthy, available" Splitter. He is years better than Pero.
  • Like 1

i agree with you completely under one condition. It is a "healthy, available" Splitter. He is years better than Pero.

Don't forget, Antić had his own injury issues.

• Like 1

I really would love to see a Splitter/Horf/Sap/Korver/Teague lineup for about 10 minutes a night. What a curve ball...

Or even 12 minutes...:-)

It is nice to have a starting quality center to come off the bench to spell Al or Paul.  We have a really nice 3 big rotation who seem to compliment each other very very well.

Right! Hopefully the Hawks lock up Splitter during the season. With the way centers were paid this offseason,  it's going to be hard to justify paying nearly $20+ mil for 3 bigs. I know DAL could use him.

I dont know about Splitter with Horford, but im pretty confident saying that if the Hawks had Noah with Horford, they couldve beat Cleveland in the playoffs.......I wouldve deployed a big lineup with Sap at 3, Carroll at the 2 with Noah and Horford up front. I know it wouldnt have never happened, but just on paper, man, what a lineup.......

A big lineup (in today basketball) would be totally unsustainable