• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons look good tonight

WraithSentinel

I like what I saw for the most part.

Defense held the leading rusher from last season to 8 carries for 9 yards.

I was pleasantly surprised the patchwork O-Line didn't get Matt Ryan killed and was able to run the ball.

Definintely a work in progress.

This guy?  WOW!!!

117xxd4.jpg

I remember arguing with everybody on here last year that Julio was the best wideout in the game....I will allow all of you to step to the podium and apologize one by one as this season goes along @Dolfan23 and @Spud2Nique

But the team did look good. That run defense was beastly and they shut down the passing game outside the numbers. Philly just dinked and dunked us all night bc they had nothing outside. The dline did a good job as well it was just that Bradford was getting the ball out so fast that it was hard to get sacks. They put a lot of pressure on him and hit him a lot tho. The offensive line will get better as the year goes on and the center was the weak spot which should get replaced within the next couple of weeks with Gradkowski and jake long just signed on for even more competition

I mean he has been cleared medically. They say he's fine and I know if healthy he would be a starter for us probably at RT but I'm not expecting that from him at this point. Just good depth of anything right now and I'm cool with that. Better to have him than Person as your backup tackle

Today, 06:41 PM

Albert BreerVerified account ‏@AlbertBreer  40s40 seconds ago

Falcons coach Dan Quinn told reporters that Jake Long will start out at LT backing up Jake Matthews, actually, and learn the right side.

I remember arguing with everybody on here last year that Julio was the best wideout in the game....I will allow all of you to step to the podium and apologize one by one as this season goes along @Dolfan23 and @Spud2Nique

But the team did look good. That run defense was beastly and they shut down the passing game outside the numbers. Philly just dinked and dunked us all night bc they had nothing outside. The dline did a good job as well it was just that Bradford was getting the ball out so fast that it was hard to get sacks. They put a lot of pressure on him and hit him a lot tho. The offensive line will get better as the year goes on and the center was the weak spot which should get replaced within the next couple of weeks with Gradkowski and jake long just signed on for even more competition

1 game? Calvin will get more numbers than Julio. Julio is talented but seems to either get injured a lot or isn't consistent throughout the whole season. Sticking with Calvin and will be back next week.

Not talking about one game...talking about all last season which is when the conversation started. And how dare you talk about injuries and consistency while trying to defend Calvin Johnson!!!! Pot meet kettle lol

• Like 1

• Moderators

Julio is the man.   Did anyone see the interview before the game with Roddy and they asked him "What does Julio do better than you?"   And he paused for second, smiled and said "Right now everything."  And then went on to basically say 'Julio is keeping me in the league'.   At least that was my interpretation.   While Roddy isn't what he once was, he catches the ball when it counts.  

Just hope we can figure out Ryan's second half blues.   I thought this was a coaching issue but this second half flat goes all the way back to the NFC championship game against SF.

Not talking about one game...talking about all last season which is when the conversation started. And how dare you talk about injuries and consistency while trying to defend Calvin Johnson!!!! Pot meet kettle lol

What are you talking about? Julio has missed 15 games in 4 seasons. Calvin has missed 9 games in 8 seasons. Do the math.

12 of those games came in one season. Calvin is just as injury prone as anybody. Julio had one big injury happen...that's it. Last year Calvin should have sat out at least two more games bc the guy did absolutely nothing in them.

Let me put this out there. In their first 50 career games Julio wins every category. 287 catches, 4471 yards, 28 tds with a 15.6 avg.

Calvin on the other hand had 217 catches with 3362 yards, 25 tds with a 15.4 avg. Julio damn near has a whole season worth of productivity over Calvin. Julio also has the highest yard per game avg in the HISTORY of the NFL....guess who's second.

12 of those games came in one season. Calvin is just as injury prone as anybody. Julio had one big injury happen...that's it. Last year Calvin should have sat out at least two more games bc the guy did absolutely nothing in them.

Let me put this out there. In their first 50 career games Julio wins every category. 287 catches, 4471 yards, 28 tds with a 15.6 avg.

Calvin on the other hand had 217 catches with 3362 yards, 25 tds with a 15.4 avg. Julio damn near has a whole season worth of productivity over Calvin. Julio also has the highest yard per game avg in the HISTORY of the NFL....guess who's second.

Actually 11 of those games came in one season and what's the difference, a game missed is a game missed, no matter when or how. How is Calvin as injury prone as anybody? Playing an average of 15/16 games a season over your entire career thus far is considered injury prone? Yo man,(I can call you that now since you apparently aren't your wife as the avatar would indicate) I understand that you have a man crush on Julio and that's fine, he's a great player, but trying to compare him to Calvin is like trying to compare Larry Johnson (grandmama) to Karl Malone, it's just not right. Now this argument may be more valid in about 6-8 years, but not now.

• Moderators

Actually 11 of those games came in one season and what's the difference, a game missed is a game missed, no matter when or how. How is Calvin as injury prone as anybody? Playing an average of 15/16 games a season over your entire career thus far is considered injury prone? Yo man,(I can call you that now since you apparently aren't your wife as the avatar would indicate) I understand that you have a man crush on Julio and that's fine, he's a great player, but trying to compare him to Calvin is like trying to compare Larry Johnson (grandmama) to Karl Malone, it's just not right. Now this argument may be more valid in about 6-8 years, but not now.

Those per game numbers are pretty compelling for Julio.  Time will tell for both of them.  I'm guessing neither will come near old man Rice despite the huge advantage from the passing era of the NFL.

Those per game numbers are pretty compelling for Julio. Time will tell for both of them. I'm guessing neither will come near old man Rice despite the huge advantage from the passing era of the NFL.

Agreed. Julio is off to a great start, hopefully it continues for you guys. Ya, I also think GOAT's rec yards are very very safe. TO is 2nd all time but about 6 or 7 thousand yards behind. Crazy.

You obviously read nothing that I wrote bc to say that comparing the 2 would be like comparing Larry Johnson to Karl Malone....did you see those numbers? That comment is just crazy after looking at actual production and not paying attention to media hype. If you don't want to look at those numbers let me throw out some more...since we are talking about who's better right now let's look at the most recent numbers.

Last 20 games. Julio has 147 catches for 2173 yards and 10 tds

Calvin has a measly (jk) 104 for 1704 and 11 tds. So what does Calvin do better than him now? Ohhhhh and also over their career Julio has a catch % of 63 compared to calvins 55. I guess I'm just in love with Julio and these numbers mean nothing

• Moderators

You guys should do a signature bet based on end of the season numbers for both of them.  Whoever wins 2 of the 3 categories for most catches, most receiving TDs and most receiving yards gets to pick an avatar or signature for the other person for some period of time either celebrating the other guy or lampooning their own guy.