• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We're a flawed Team.

Diesel

You wish for rebounding?  You wish for height?  You wish for someone with hands big enough

to hold a basketball like it was a baseball? 

That's Walter Travares!  Edy played one minute and had a rebound.  How's that for great % !

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Baze and Carrol averaged the same amount of rebounds on a PER minute basis. Thabo was a much better rebounder than either, and as the season goes own it will be Thabo not Baze getting he majority of the minutes at that position, so based off of last year stats we should be getting more rebounds from the SF position.  Tiago Splitter (career 9.5 RP 36 min)  is also a big upgrade in rebounding from Antić (6.6 RP 36 mins last year), not to mention Horford has a good chance of improving his rebounding numbers from last year which were his career worst by a considerable margin. Add in Edy, who has a good chance of cracking the rotation (especially if Mike Scott goes to jail) and, in theory, the Hawks should be a better rebounding team than last year. Just because we have had two bad rebounding games in a row doesn't mean we won't get better. 

So why does Mike Scott have to go to jail before Bud uses someone else like Edy?

I'm trying my best to find Bud'z phone # for a few of y'all. I'm betting he would love to hear some of these strategies.....

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Peoriabird said:

So why does Mike Scott have to go to jail before Bud uses someone else like Edy?

Because Edy has played 1 minute of Pro ball in his entire career compared to Mike Scott who is a veteran and has a clear understanding of the NBA game and of the offensive and defensive systems the Hawks run, perhaps? We have invested in Edy and his development and brought him in this year on a nice salary for a reason. And it isn't to sit on the pine perpetually on this team.  The staff will be working with him throughout the season in developing him and when he is ready to contribute to winning basketball he will get his chance. Have a little faith in the coaching staff that was voted best in the NBA last year by the players and media bro. 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The answer to the question is Bud values offensive Spacing over rebounding.  And he Thinks that by Playing guys 1 position up gives him more spacing i.e. Milsap and Scott @ the 4 and Horford @ the 5.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The answer to the question is Bud values offensive Spacing over rebounding.  And he Thinks that by Playing guys 1 position up gives him more spacing i.e. Milsap and Scott @ the 4 and Horford @ the 5.

Then why is Mike Scott being phased out (seeing less minutes than ever) in favor of more backup center minutes for Tiago and Paul Millsap seeing minutes at the three? Why did we use most of our capspace last offseason on two seven footers?  Why has the staff said that rebounding will be a priority this season?  I guess it's all smoke and mirrors to fool us gullible fans into thinking that the people who dedicate their lives to running the team are actually trying to improve it. 

• Premium Member

I knew that calling out the sacred cow of Hawksquawk would get negative response  however, we gave the Knicks 16 second chance attempts.  In the playoffs, that will get us killed.  or did we forget what Tristen and Mozgov did to us?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Then why is Mike Scott being phased out (seeing less minutes than ever) in favor of more backup center minutes for Tiago and Paul Millsap seeing minutes at the three? Why did we use most of our capspace last offseason on two seven footers?  Why has the staff said that rebounding will be a priority this season?  I guess it's all smoke and mirrors to fool us gullible fans into thinking that the people who dedicate their lives to running the team are actually trying to improve it. 

1st of all, Mike Scott is being phased out if that is the case for poor play.  secondly, most of of our cap space was spent resigning Milsap to play the role of starting undersized power forward.  If rebounding was a priority, it sure isn't showing...We still see small line ups and 2 point guards playing for long stretches.   And the part about the Gullible fans..well you said it not me.

22 hours ago, sturt said:

@hazer I understand Bud is a regular lurker... so no need... I understand he just likes to yank certain fans' chain to keep the squawk board humming.

You sure he's even thought of this stuff? I dunno.....

• Like 1

On 10/30/2015, 3:35:47, macdaddy said:

I checked Tavares' numbers and he's at 36 rebounds per36.   Play the man!

Sadly, this was the same thing that was being said in support of Thabeet years ago.  Happened right here on this board.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Duff_Man said:

Sadly, this was the same thing that was being said in support of Thabeet years ago.  Happened right here on this board.

It can be said of anyone who has played one minute of action and gotten 1 anything.  1 point = 36 points per 36.  1 rebound = 36 rebounds per 36.  No need to mention Edy in the same breath as Thabeet!

2 hours ago, AHF said:

It can be said of anyone who has played one minute of action and gotten 1 anything.  1 point = 36 points per 36.  1 rebound = 36 rebounds per 36.  No need to mention Edy in the same breath as Thabeet!

Didn't mean to compare the two players. I know the person who posted it was meant in humor. I thought it was funny that someone used that same type of measure to lobby for getting Thabeet.