• Raised $390 of $700 target

Observations at Miami

capstone21

• Admin

We controlled the game

excellent D and ball movement

jeff was MVP tonight ... He completely controlled the flow

Much better job of attacking the basket instead of settling for three

obvious mandate to rebound.  We always seemed to have a guy a guy in there fighting for offensive boards too... We beat them both on the offensive and defensive boards.

Al was awesome ... Great defense, rebounding and passing

paul had some trouble hitting but everything else shined

Baz really started our run and played his best D of the season 

Kyle seemed to move better but is still struggling to hit his three ... It will come.  I wonder if he isn't getting lift because of his ankle...he did get blocked twice taking the three

holiday getting burn tonight and earned his minutes ... Played well except for that three  when it was one on four

i love splitter ... So smart

that hit by wade was excessive ... Ahole didn't even try to catch him or check to see if he was alright.  Looked like Paul almost landed wrong

dennis was under more control and was looking to distribute tonight ... That's what I want to see

let them back in during the forth but basketball is a game of runs

whiteside is a beast .... His presence make a difference ... He has no range at all but it didn't hurt him ... His arms is size of my head

wade and dragic currently have no chemistry

greT job tonight Bud

four straight wins .... Charlotte destroyed the Bulls tonight

• Like 4

3-0 on the road!!!

1. Teague was a man tonight

2. Al was BIIIG on the boards and he had ZERO attempts from 3.

3. Millsap keeps racking up double doubles.

4. Baze is growing into his role

5. Korver is out of synch but he'll be OK

6. Justin Holiday gave us good minutes

7. Dennis is forcing the issue too much - calm down, he had some nice passes though.

8. Splitter gave us exactly what we needed.

9. Won the rebounding battle - again

10.  Active hands and bodies on defense - loved it.

Anyone notice teams are attempting more 3s than us, lol.

M-V-Teague!

Horford played great as well (17 points 13 rebounds)

Millsap had an off game but was still able to produce especially defensively. (12 points 10 rebounds 3 assists 3 steals and 1 block)

Carroll who? Bazemore again shows us why there isn't going to be much of a drop off between him and DMC.

Tiago Splitter with yet another solid game off the bench.

We finally got to see Holiday get some extended burn tonight. He was pretty solid the whole game and made a key 3 pointer in that 4th quarter.

Back to back bad games from Dennis. 

Teams are doing a really good job of making sure Korver doesn't get any open looks from deep (1-6 from the 3PT line).

Can't wait for the Hawks to take on the Nets tommorrow!

• Like 1

Nice early - season performance.  Professional.  Exposed the Heat's problems.  Lack of chemistry especially between DWhine and Dragic (good call @capstone21).  One is ineffective in halfcourt, the other is ineffective in an uptempo.

Great night of basketball overall. Hawks get the big win in Miami against a team many picked to surpass us, Charlotte obliterated Chicago to make our "ugly" wins a bit prettier, and it turns out we didn't do that bad against Drummond. He's had 20/20 and 25/29 since then. Unfortunately Dallas fell apart late against Toronto, otherwise we would've been right back in that #1 spot. 

2 minutes ago, High5 said:

Great night of basketball overall. Hawks get the big win in Miami against a team many picked to surpass us, Charlotte obliterated Chicago to make our "ugly" wins a bit prettier, and it turns out we didn't do that bad against Drummond. He's had 20/20 and 25/29 since then. Unfortunately Dallas fell apart late against Toronto, otherwise we would've been right back in that #1 spot. 

I gotta give Van Gundy credit, he's really made Detroit similar to those old  Orlando teams we used to face back when Dwight was with the Magic. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I gotta give Van Gundy credit, he's really made Detroit similar to those old  Orlando teams we used to face back when Dwight was with the Magic. 

They're definitely a tough matchup. Fortunately their bench appears to be a special kind of awful. They got outscored 43-2 tonight. Yikes.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Just checked DMC stats...he's had 2 rough games and 1 good game so far this season 

Other than last night where he only scored 3 points the other 3 games look pretty damn good or at least typical of Demarre.   And they are 4-0.    I'm not much of a believer in anyone in the east other than cleveland but Toronto has an awesome starting lineup.  I don't know if they have a bench but that starting lineup will be a nightmare for the Hawks.  

I fell asleep early in the first and didn't wake up until the mid 4th... DAMN.

It looked like a good performance also. The Hawks won the rebounding battle and it appears that nobody really hurt them besides Whiteside.

Two really good games, a solid game and 2 mediocre ones for Bazemore so far. However, 11/5 is surely acceptable from him.

4 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I fell asleep early in the first and didn't wake up until the mid 4th... DAMN.

It looked like a good performance also. The Hawks won the rebounding battle and it appears that nobody really hurt them besides Whiteside.

Two really good games, a solid game and 2 mediocre ones for Bazemore so far. However, 11/5 is surely acceptable from him.

Yeah, yeah, yeah ...

Jennifer Lawrence Yeah OK

You know you only show up when we lose or look bad.  Some folks were calling you out in chat but I ain't callin' no names.:cool:

Regarding rebounding, we have clearly made a change there.  We had guys staying back on the offensive board in a way we never have before.  It was a noticeable change.

15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Other than last night where he only scored 3 points the other 3 games look pretty damn good or at least typical of Demarre.   And they are 4-0.    I'm not much of a believer in anyone in the east other than cleveland but Toronto has an awesome starting lineup.  I don't know if they have a bench but that starting lineup will be a nightmare for the Hawks.  

Toronto looks really good.  To me, Detroit is the real surprise so far.  It's still early though.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah ...

Jennifer Lawrence Yeah OK

You know you only show up when we lose or look bad.  Some folks were calling you out in chat but I ain't callin' no names.:cool:

Regarding rebounding, we have clearly made a change there.  We had guys staying back on the offensive board in a way we never have before.  It was a noticeable change.

Man, I'll be glad when her 15 minutes are up. Which should be happening sooner or later since her kiddie versions of The Running Man are just about done.

I don't even care who is talking trash. I've heard it all before.:dry:

2 hours ago, ATLSmith said:

Toronto looks really good.  To me, Detroit is the real surprise so far.  It's still early though.

Don't forget that Toronto started off strong last year also... But they faded.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Man, I'll be glad when her 15 minutes are up. Which should be happening sooner or later since her kiddie versions of The Running Man are just about done.

I don't even care who is talking trash. I've heard it all before.:dry:

Don't forget that Toronto started off strong last year also... But they faded.

Scola and Demarre are good additions though that will give them some toughness and scoring that they lacked.  And the big  V seems like he's damn good.   I haven't seen them play this year but on paper it looks good.     That's some pretty good scoring and rebounding 1-5.     In my book they're better than the wiz because they kill them at positions 3-5.  Doesn't look like toronto has much of a bench though.

-I miss Stinger doing broadcasts (sorry Nique)

-Baze looks comfortable out there, doesn't look like he will be relinquishing that starting spot anytime soon

-Jeff killed it

-Holliday needs an offseason working with Kyle on his 3pt shot, then he can be a real asset.  His shooting form is decent and we know his D is great.

-Splitter does a lot of good things that don't get noticed, man I don't miss Pero.  Grabbed a quiet 7 boards, just needs to learn to bring the ball over his head to shoot. Sets himself up to get blocked every time.