• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Observations at New Orleans

capstone21

I've observed that this team is locked in to winning.  As long as Bud takes the proper timeouts and subs, we should be favored.  Young and energetic team or veteran contending team.  Big team or uptempo team.  Home, road.  Balanced attack or MVPs.  Days rest or back to back.   Full roster or missing a couple.  It don't matter, we eating.  

Being called "Spurs East" felt a little premature to me.  It fits now.

• Like 3

-Korver finally looks like Korver. It has been awhile...

-Another solid, but quiet performance from Millsap.

-Dennis and Holiday were both good off the bench tonight.

-I hate the Pelts... Especially Gordan, Anderson and Davis.

-The refs sucked.

-The opposing center once again had a field day just like Drummond, Lopez and Whtieside did.

-I'm not overly impressed with Splitter so far.

-Awesome win.

• Like 2

1. KK was a man on fya tonight -100% shooting and filling out the stat sheet across the board - 7 boards, 5 assists, 1 block, 3 steals.

He's getting better and adding new dimensions to his game as he ages. That's amazing. 

2. Our perimeter defense was on point

3. Sap doing Sap things

4. Al liked he sleep walked througg most of the game but had that BIG rebound late.

5. Teague was Teague

6. Dennis had a good game running the offense tonight.

7. Baze is a man possessed

8. 35 free throw attempts - wow

9. Another rebounding battle won

10. 30 assists.

We need to close out games, however its a teaching tool for Bud on how to maintain composure on the road when teams make runs and battle on for a win.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We need to close out games, however its a teaching tool for Bud on how to maintain composure on the road when teams make runs and battle on for a win.

Bud deserves so much credit for how he has directed this team.  Mature bunch and they don't panic when they are down or the game is tied.

• Like 4

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

-The opposing center once again had a field day just like Drummond, Lopez and Whtieside did.

-I'm not overly impressed with Splitter so far.

I don't disagree but Drummond has been tearing everyone up this season ... He has turned the corner ,,,, Lopez has always been an offensive center ,.. Whiteside should not have had the game he had but he has been dominating other teams on the boards... Davis is the best big in the game .... Still you have a point and it's becoming a pattern ... Bigs with game are dominating us

As for splitter I think he has been doing a lot of little things that have really been helping ... He has been very solid ... He does need to do a better job of protecting the ball when putting it back up ... Needs to get a little more crafty to make up for his lack of athleticism 

Didn't really get to "watch" the game but I still had it on.

Korver looks to be back and that is dangerous for the league. When you have our 4 all stars playing like all stars and we have Baze giving us everything Carroll gave us plus more, I see another long winning streak possible.

I don't care what anyone says, I saw AD get blocked by Bazemore but be bailed out by the refs. If Kent can keep this level of play up all year he has MIP on lockdown.

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1. KK was a man on fya tonight -100% shooting and filling out the stat sheet across the board - 7 boards, 5 assists, 1 block, 3 steals.

He's getting better and adding new dimensions to his game as he ages. That's amazing. 

One thing he's doing more of is using his shot as a decoy and passing for an open lay up.  He really tries to disguise the pass as a shot which draws more defenders to him.  

Great to see him catch fire tonight.