• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud and our big men.

Gray Mule

Hawks have a need, most people seem to think, of a big man to play inside, block some shots

and rebound as we once had our own with the finger wag, who is still loved by Hawk fans.

Hawks drafted a big man, then let him go.  They now have another giant.  He just returned

from over seas last season, where he got some very good reports.

Hawks sent him to the D league for a few games where he did very well and was recalled.

Bud will not let him on the floor, not even for a minute here and there.  In fact, he wasn't even

on the active roster for our last game where the rebounding wasn't even close.

If he wasn't going to be allowed to play with the Hawks, why was he recalled?   What hang up

does  Bud have about Hawks and big men?

I don't want him to start, but, dang.  Hawks are losing without him playing.  Give him a small chance.

Throw him in the fire and see what happens.  Then, if he's a failure, so be it.

• Like 1

Mind as well....it's not like he would hurt us or our chances being that we aren't rebounding effectively as it is.

So yeah throw Edy in the fire. He may be great he may get 3 fouls in 3 minutes...just give the big guy a chance

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aali34 said:

this is something the spurs do all the time, most recently with Kyle Anderson and Bud has done the same thing with Schröder

Unless injuries happen, I don't expect Tavares to play anytime unless we blow out by 20.

Yes but...we are NOT they Spurs and never have been. They can get away with that because they don't need Anderson yet.

Edy can't be much worse than our backup bigs. He can at least grab a rebound here and there. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Hawks have a need, most people seem to think, of a big man to play inside, block some shots

and rebound as we once had our own with the finger wag, who is still loved by Hawk fans.

Hawks drafted a big man, then let him go.  They now have another giant.  He just returned

from over seas last season, where he got some very good reports.

Hawks sent him to the D league for a few games where he did very well and was recalled.

Bud will not let him on the floor, not even for a minute here and there.  In fact, he wasn't even

on the active roster for our last game where the rebounding wasn't even close.

If he wasn't going to be allowed to play with the Hawks, why was he recalled?   What hang up

does  Bud have about Hawks and big men?

I don't want him to start, but, dang.  Hawks are losing without him playing.  Give him a small chance.

Throw him in the fire and see what happens.  Then, if he's a failure, so be it.

Makes sense. I'm sure he got a better basketball IQ than Scott.

• Moderators

This season is weird with Hardaway and Edy totally glued to the bench even with injuries to guys in front of them.   The league has figured our system out but we still keep throwing the same guys out there that the other team has game planned for.  At least these guys are a wildcard that no one has seen that might disrupt the game in a positive way.  Even if it's just for a few minutes.   Splitter  has been ok so far but it's not like he's dominating the boards.   Moose isn't going to be able to defend anyone with decent size.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

This season is weird with Hardaway and Edy totally glued to the bench even with injuries to guys in front of them.   The league has figured our system out but we still keep throwing the same guys out there that the other team has game planned for.  At least these guys are a wildcard that no one has seen that might disrupt the game in a positive way.  Even if it's just for a few minutes.   Splitter  has been ok so far but it's not like he's dominating the boards.   Moose isn't going to be able to defend anyone with decent size.   

I don't think it's even about figuring us out, we've just looked disinterested, unfocused and playing sloppy ball.  I don't think the ENTIRE starting 5 has played a complete game as a unit.

We need someone to take ownership of this team on the floor - everyone's so....... laissez faire.

I was disappointed in Moose's physical development this offseason, still a weakling.  Scott's on again off again but so are his minutes.

We aren't closing out games when we do have a chance so that THJr and Edy can get garbage minutes.