• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Howard to Hawks

Johnnybravo4

2 hours ago, JTB said:

Is it possible to trade Howard again before the trade deadline?....if so maybe we could get a ton of assets for him if bud thinks he will bolt on us in the summer 

Stranger things have happened. The Hawks signed Rasheed Wallace, for what,  ONE game and dealt him..................I was BIG time upset with the Hawks with not keeping him........

a3b5be057431bca36fbae2d9831d5d0e.jpg?ito

566607.jpg

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

Stranger things have happened. The Hawks signed Rasheed Wallace, for what,  ONE game and dealt him..................I was BIG time upset with the Hawks with not keeping him........

a3b5be057431bca36fbae2d9831d5d0e.jpg?ito

566607.jpg

As you noted in that other thread, the Hawks dealt him for the pick we used to land Josh Smith.  The Hawks were tearing down their team to rebuild at that point and Sheed wanted nothing to do with that.  He was an unrestricted free agent that offseason.

23 hours ago, Sothron said:

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. Did Kamala talk about this? I didn't see anyone else talking about this rumor.

The suits at 92.9 and NBATV likely gave him a stiff talking to and orders to never say a word about the issue even in the privacy of his own home.  I can imagine how dumb he feels and how mad he is at his "source". 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

The suits at 92.9 and NBATV likely gave him a stiff talking to and orders to never say a word about the issue even in the privacy of his own home.  I can imagine how dumb he feels and how mad he is at his "source". 

Kamala got me all excited for nothing.....................

Edited by Hawkmoor

35 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I stand by my assertion that he was fed a false rumor to see if he'd runtelldat.  #credibilitykillt

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'll take Horford over Howard 7 days a week. Howard is a coward.

Not bad and, prior to this year, I think I'd totally agree with Horford over Howard.

However, Al's killing us lately and he's gonna be looking for max.  I'd certainly rather have a Horford on the team but it's not as clear cut anymore. :hmm:

On 12/17/2015, 8:25:05, Diesel said:

The real questions when it comes to Dwight Howard are these:

1.  Is he still a top level NBA player?
  2. Will he be a lockerroom cancer as he has been in Orlando, LAL, and Houston.
  3. Does he even want to be a Hawk (Never has)?
  4. Will his brand of defense make us better and could he be happy being known as a defensive player?

1) No ... you can make a great argument for him not making the All Star team.  Matter of fact, he may not be a top 5 center in the West, forget about the entire league.

2) Yes ... Cancer has 6 letters in it. Dwight has 6 letters in it.  So does Howard.  

Dwight Howard Cancer = 666

3) No ... because he can't handle the pressure of being "the man" in his hometown.

4) Maybe and No ... his rebounding ability will help. Part of his problem is that his defensive impact can be lessened by jumpshooting bigs, or bigs with more energy than him.

The big thing about Dwight is that he's not a leader, despite wanting to be "the man".  His time with the Lakers exposed him big time.

Honestly, F--- his mentally weak ass. Give me Horford 20 out of 20 times over him.

• Like 1

I just could never understand the fandom of a guy who has always been as prone to foul or turnover as he is to actually convert a shot.  The awful free throw shooting, AAU-level post game (if that), and poor character has always outweighed the gaudy rebounding and rim protection IMO. He was a phenomenal athlete, never much of a professional basketball player.  

Stan Van is well-respected and given the keys to a franchise because he amazingly led a team that featured Dwight to a Finals, then catered to none of his foolishness as the relationship deteriorated into his firing and one of the oddest moments in sports media history.

More drama and he-said, she-said denying will occur before he's shipped out of Houston.  The basketball community is finally realizing he isn't even worth the fuss.

• 2 weeks later...

Rick Kamla at it again on 92.9 The Game.  Said he's heard from two different 'sources':

1. Dwight to Atlanta. maybe not be via trade this season but rather that he may opt out and sign a  max deal in the offseason

2. The Hawks do NOT want to pay Al the max but he's going to be looking for one.

3.  So it's either Al or D12 on a max deal - which would you prefer?

23 minutes ago, Lurker said:

4. Neither, plop down a wad of cash in front of Whiteside or Drummond or try to acquire Alex Len.

I don't really like whiteside all that much but I wouldn't hate having him here being developed by Budz.  Drummond too.  The Suns can keep Len's middling, oft-injured a**.

ETA: Oh and @JayBirdHawk, that sounds like Kamla hedging his bets.  "Oh, I said they'd trade for Howard?  Nah, I meant he might could sign there ... you know, in the offseason."  Hawks don't want to pay Alice the max?  Duh, who wants to pay anyone a max?

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I don't really like whiteside all that much but I wouldn't hate having him here being developed by Budz.  Drummond too.  The Suns can keep Len's middling, oft-injured a**.

ETA: Oh and @JayBirdHawk, that sounds like Kamla hedging his bets.  "Oh, I said they'd trade for Howard?  Nah, I meant he might could sign there ... you know, in the offseason."  Hawks don't want to pay Alice the max?  Duh, who wants to pay anyone a max?

giphy.gif

43 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Rick Kamla at it again on 92.9 The Game.  Said he's heard from two different 'sources':

1. Dwight to Atlanta. maybe not be via trade this season but rather that he may opt out and sign a  max deal in the offseason

2. The Hawks do NOT want to pay Al the max but he's going to be looking for one.

3.  So it's either Al or D12 on a max deal - which would you prefer?

Who the hell is this guy Kamla?!!!!

im so sick of him spreading these rumors it's insane! Is he on the radio or nba tv?

can someone tweet him and ask where the hell he's getting his sources or if his connections are reliable!....I really hate when people mess with franchises like the Hawks who haven't had a star player in years. It's really messed up for passionate fans and extremely annoying.

Edited by JTB

7 minutes ago, JTB said:

Who the hell is this guy Kamla?!!!!

im so sick of him spreading these rumors it's insane! Is he on the radio or nba tv?

can someone tweet him and ask where the hell he's getting his sources or if his connections are reliable!....I really hate when people mess with franchises like the Hawks who haven't had a star player in years. It's really messed up for passionate fans and extremely annoying.

@JTB    He's on Atlanta local radio sports talk and is also a Studio Host on NBATV - Gametime.