Hawks West!....DAMN

JTB

29 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Lol...If you can't see how good Draymond is, then I can't and won't try to make you see it.

You virtually giving their front court players no credit for what they've accomplished defensively just doesn't add up to me.  Maybe you're trying to use this as a way to rationalize the flaws on the Hawks.  Either way, I'm done.

Hey call me hater I'm fine with that... I have nothing to back up my statements since GS is torching all these teams but I still think LA should be dropping 20 plus on draymond.

i do not consider draymond the next Dennis Rodman but if he continues to do this I will admit I'm wrong at end of the year. 

I have nothing against draymond but I'm only impressed with his physicality...I still believe bigger big men in the league can torch him and should be. I'm stubborn I guess.

3 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Draymond's dog attitude will always give him the edge over cool Aldridge.  The dude was enjoying pushing him further and further off the block.

So you saw what I saw....I never knew lamarcus to get pushed around so easily and at times it look like he was afraid to back draymond down. I'm yelling at the tv like dude you're 7 feet tall go to work on this man!

if millsap and horford post draymond up I swear they better go straight at him with all they got or I may break my tv. It's one thing not having the strength but it's terrible thing when you play with no passion. 

But ive seen LA get nasty before on the block and he's definitely got some power I believe will shock draymond next time around.

Bad thread title but here are some of my keys to beating Golden State:

1. Slow the game down. You are not beating them at their game, if you play it you're going to get ran out of the building.

2. Solid low post threat against Draymond Green.

3. Hound Curry on both ends of the floor, make him work on offense and defense.

4. Great three point shooting from everyone that can do it.

You have to pretty much do 2-4 in overdrive mode this season and from what I saw you probably need to be going to the line a lot to slow it down.

PSA: Horford also ain't it in the low post, going to him in the low post against Green is going to do nothing, and I know this without even seeing the game happen. Millsap actually is though in the history we've seen.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Bad thread title but here are some of my keys to beating Golden State:

1. Slow the game down. You are not beating them at their game, if you play it you're going to get ran out of the building.

2. Solid low post threat against Draymond Green.

3. Hound Curry on both ends of the floor, make him work on offense and defense.

4. Great three point shooting from everyone that can do it.

You have to pretty much do 2-4 in overdrive mode this season and from what I saw you probably need to be going to the line a lot to slow it down.

PSA: Horford also ain't it in the low post, going to him in the low post against Green is going to do nothing, and I know this without even seeing the game happen. Millsap actually is though in the history we've seen.

Last year we just played a near-flawless team game, I can't believe we won a high-scoring affair with them.  Kyle was Threezus then though.  

Dennis has the skill and moxie to keep Curry out of rhythym and hopefully under 50% shooting, then throw Thabo on him as a change-up.  

I know one thing, it's proven foolish to double him.  He's one of the smoothest passers out of the double team we've seen, Draymond just slips into the circle with 3 options to attack, lob, or kick with the floor seemingly spread into the stands. Child's Play.  

I've seen Spoelstra send a triangle of guys at him 28 feet away.  If he can't  knife through the trap via dribble, a free teammate just sprints to the pass and he runs the defense raggedy off the ball.  They have ample time to still execute because they get over half court in less than 4 seconds.  It's really nothing you can do with shawty except stay in front and pray to your Lord.

1 hour ago, JTB said:

So you saw what I saw....I never knew lamarcus to get pushed around so easily and at times it look like he was afraid to back draymond down. I'm yelling at the tv like dude you're 7 feet tall go to work on this man!

if millsap and horford post draymond up I swear they better go straight at him with all they got or I may break my tv. It's one thing not having the strength but it's terrible thing when you play with no passion. 

But ive seen LA get nasty before on the block and he's definitely got some power I believe will shock draymond next time around.

tumblr_mq9rt2XU0h1s4slzko1_250.gif

Obviously right now Warriors are the better team,  Spurs made a lot careless turnovers, and didn't play good defensively. Warriors played with a lot of pace, running and gunning. It was hard for the Spurs to defend when they play  against a team who really plays at a fast pace. I wanna see what kind of adjustments will Spurs do when they next meet Warriors in the regular season.  

Spurs focus and goal is winning the championship, that 30 defeat loss was definitely tough but im sure they will find ways and make adjustments to beat warriors especially if they  do meet in the playoffs. 

• Premium Member

I didn't watch the game, but  sounds like the Warriors put a beat down on the Spurs. I can't wait to play the Warriors, it should give us how good the Hawks are. 

4 minutes ago, QuantumHawkz said:

I didn't watch the game, but  sounds like the Warriors put a beat down on the Spurs. I can't wait to play the Warriors, it should give us how good the Hawks are. 

Or how bad we are. The Spurs twice demolished us this season.

23 hours ago, JTB said:

Watching the Spurs vs Warriors game showed some major flaws for the Spurs without Duncan! In fact they looked a lot like us with no rim protection and man it was hard as hell to watch! I actually appreciate Tiago, Sap, Horford a little more now after watching how west, diaw, and Aldridge would go about protecting the rim!....Man are they horrible around the goal including diaw! They don't move their feet well at all or are they ever in a good position to where they can retreat to the paint to contest anything which for that reason earned my respect even more for how well Sap and Horford do move their feet for big men!.....no one and I mean no one should EVER say how the Spurs bigs are better defensively than ours ever again as a unit cause it's ALL DUNCAN for the Spurs...watching how life would be for the Spurs around the goal without old man Duncan, they are the "Hawks west"....by the way I know diaw is good on the perimeter but inside the paint and it's a long day for that man.

It's a difference here in ATL,  Horford and millsap can move their feet and challenge shots around the goal best they can though they may get scored the point is that someone is always there. But the Spurs without Duncan  and they are a wreck even more than our Hawks.

Anyways if we somehow get a rim protector to go along with splitter, Sap, Horford we are going to make some huge noise defensively.

We all complain about wanting a star player including me but we are usually talking about offense and not defense so let me tell you...Aldridge without a rim protector is a huge huge huge problem I think even more so than the situation the Hawks have now with no rim protector. Hopefully the Hawks will get one more big that can be effective right away!

Splitter was the Spurs' rim protector and was supposed to be Atlanta's. 

I've yet to see him do things like this in ATL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFxH1-fPeXo

• Moderators
7 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

Splitter was the Spurs' rim protector and was supposed to be Atlanta's. 

I've yet to see him do things like this in ATL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFxH1-fPeXo

I haven't seen Splitter jump half that high in Atlanta.   And does he have the worst hands or what?   Every pass he's fumbling around his knees to get control of the ball.    He has seemed out of sync to me since he got here but i'm hoping he starts to pay dividends in the bigger games.