• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Congartulations To Paul Millsap On His 3rd All Star Selection

MaceCase

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I get tired of the haters. Everyday. Hating on Al. This is a chance where you showcase your skills. Al showed a lot more in less than 10 mins than Sap in 20 and this happened last year as well. 

Come on man.  I know you're better than trying to make an argument based on allstar performances.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SalvorMallow said:

Come on man.  I know you're better than trying to make an argument based on allstar performances.

He had nothing to do with that. It just that this is a neural game. You want to see Sap display his skills like everyone else. Only LMA was worse.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I get tired of the haters. Everyday. Hating on Al. This is a chance where you showcase your skills. Al showed a lot more in less than 10 mins than Sap in 20 and this happened last year as well. 

Let's not get too blown away by Al's All-Star history.  Here it is:

Game 1 - 8 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal

Game 2 - 2 points, 3 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 steals

Game 3 - 8 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 0 steals

Game 4 - 7 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 0 steals

So his average is 6.25 points, 4.25 rebounds, 1.5 assists, 0.25 steals

Sap has averaged 3.75 points, 4.0 rebounds, 1.25 assists, 0.67 steals

So in the battle of the All-Star footnotes (guys who are so far  under that radar that you forget they were there unless you note it), Al has got Sap by a small margin.  Neither of them do anything at the All-Star game that draws attention to themselves or the team.  

I can't remember the last All-Star we had who actually had a presence at the All-Star game.  Was it Dikembe?  

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, AHF said:

So in the battle of the All-Star footnotes (guys who are so far  under that radar that you forget they were there unless you note it), Al has got Sap by a small margin.  Neither of them do anything at the All-Star game that draws attention to themselves or the team.  

I can't remember the last All-Star we had who actually had a presence at the All-Star game.  Was it Dikembe?  

Actually I think it was Jeff Teague last season.

4 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Actually I think it was Jeff Teague last season.

You know what's funny - I can't remember a memorable thing Jeff did in that ASG game. My allstar memories of Jeff is missing the layup and modeling. Sad isn't it.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I always knew Sap was a way better defender than Horford, the fact that he averages 168% more steals in the All Star Game proves it!!  Right, @NBASupes?

Just now, SalvorMallow said:

I always knew Sap was a way better defender than Horford, the fact that he averages 168% more steals in the All Star Game proves it!!  Right, @NBASupes?

Al played only 10 mins and Sap played 20 so per36, Horford was superior to Sap. 

29 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I almost forgot about Korver scorching the nets during the All Star game last season. Both him and Teague played well.

That was because the East and Lebron ass just keep passing the ball to Korver to see him make threes. He actually got them back into the game with that philosophy. 

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That was because the East and Lebron ass just keep passing the ball to Korver to see him make threes. He actually got them back into the game with that philosophy. 

That's a good thing.  Let him do what he does best.

Toronto • Paul Millsap placed a wager last summer, and he's feeling good it's going to hit.

"I think I continue to grow at whatever age. Hopefully that's the case, because I did bet on myself," he said this weekend as he reveled in his third straight All-Star experience. "I hope a lot of guys bet on themselves. You have to have confidence in yourself and your ability to make it in this league."

The versatile power forward signed a three-year deal last summer to stay with the Atlanta Hawks, a contract that would pay him $58 million. That's a nice payday for anyone, but Millsap's decision to sign a shorter deal rather than holding out for more years and more longterm security was seen as something of a gamble at this point in his career

But even in his 10th NBA season, Millsap believes the best for him has still yet to come.

At this point, why should he feel any different?

He was a gamble when the Utah Jazz drafted what was thought to be an undersized power forward with the 47th pick in 2006 and he has proven to be the steal of his draft class. LaMarcus Aldridge (the second pick), Brandon Roy (the sixth), Rajon Rondo (the 21st) and Kyle Lowry (the 24th) have been the only other selections from that year to make an all-star game.

And after leaving Utah as a free agent three seasons ago, Millsap's game has continued to evolve, playing his way to his first, second and now third all-star selection.

"Just the style [in Atlanta] allows me to space out and showcase a little bit more," he said. "In Utah it was within the fifteen-feet area. Atlanta, I'm behind the 3-point line."

Now, Millsap's contract has a player option that could allow him to opt out after next season, when the NBA's salary cap is expected to top $100 million thanks to an influx of revenue from the league's new multi-billion dollar television deal.

If Millsap's bet pays off, that could mean one more massive payday for his career. And the forward believes his game will allow him to not only be good, but great into his mid-30s.

On Sunday night, he was among some of the game's best, playing on one of the game's biggest stages.

"This is a beautiful time," he said. "This is a great opportunity. A lot of people don't get to experience this, so I mean, the best you can do is just try to enjoy it."

Could he have imagined all this when he first put on a Jazz uniform a decade ago?

"I never looked that far ahead," he said. "I just tried to get out there and put my best foot forward, put my best work out there and hope it pays off. So far, it has."

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/3539079-155/nba-all-star-paul-millsap-betting-on

Hey Paul,  tell Al to take a shorter deal - bet on himself too.

• Moderators
20 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I agree with Spud, I am happy both made the ASG. Great feats!

It is great both made the game but they were two lowest scorers on the East squad.  They were there to watch the show - not to be the show.

• Like 1