• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jazz Want Jeff

benhillboy

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, if it has I hadn't seen it so excuse me if so. 

KSL News in Utah reports there are legs to the discussions, citing Bud's obvious relationship with Quinn and Dennis Lindsey.  I'd love to hear Quinn's reaction to Bud asking about Hayward.  Thoughts?

You talking about this monstrosity?

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=38335870&nid=304&fm=most_popular

It's real. Multiple league sources say that the Utah Jazz are indeed considering trading for Atlanta Hawks point guard Jeff Teague before February's trade deadline. While no formal contact has been made between the two sides, the Hawks primary decision maker Mike Budenholzer has a good relationship with both Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey and head coach Quin Snyder from their time together with the Spurs.

Sounds like the 1st paragraph tells us the rumors are both real and made-up based on conjecture.  Then the dude runs down how basically each one of their players is too good to trade for Teague.  He finally settles on Burks but no one else?  The teams are a good fit trade-wise but they need to come to an understanding that they'd have to let go of one of those supposedly untouchable pieces.

Lots of teams want Teague but don't want to part with their "assets' or just don't have them - they can kick rocks.

wpid-i_0e_1e_f5_182609948.jpg

Last month, members of the Knicks’ front office made inquiries with the Atlanta Hawks about point guards Jeff Teague and Dennis Schröder, according to league sources familiar with the dialogue. The talks with Atlanta did not progress at the time due to New York’s lack of assets, sources say.

Teagues contract makes him hard to find equal value in return. He is only making 8 mil but his true value is about that of a 15- 18 mil player which is the kind of asset Bud is looking for in return.  Meanwhile the only guys teams are willing to trade for him are vets who are over paid or young guys who aren't done developing neither of which is attractive to us to sacrifice such a great contact and player like Teague

Edited by RedDawg#8

4 minutes ago, pimp said:

I don't want do any trades with the Jazz unless it's a major trade , and they start adding names Like Favors ,Gordon,Hood, Gobert.
I'm down for swapping 2 to 3 starters with the Jazz but not just Teague for trash.

What, you don't think a swap of Jeff for mighty Joe Ingles is that power moov?

Agree, I still want my Millsap-for-Favors trade to go down.  I know they like their core and all that jazz (hehe) but when are they gonna get tired of fighting for that 8.5 spot out West?  Jeff/Sap for Favors/Hood is a good deal for both sides IMEO.

Apparently Teague deleted a bunch of Hawks pictures from his Instagram this morning or last night. Take from that what you will.

I'm not looking forward to this trade season. I believe moves are necessary, but I don't see us getting great value back on any potential trade. Basically I expect lateral at best moves or we simply give up on this season. Neither is fun coming off of 60 wins and the ECF. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, High5 said:

Apparently Teague deleted a bunch of Hawks pictures from his Instagram this morning or last night. Take from that what you will.

I'm not looking forward to this trade season. I believe moves are necessary, but I don't see us getting great value back on any potential trade. Basically I expect lateral at best moves or we simply give up on this season. Neither is fun coming off of 60 wins and the ECF. 

I don't see a trade of Teague or Al that will propel us into championship contender this season.  It'll just be shuffling pieces around in preparation for next season -  just pieces to build with not build around.   Unless something really crazy happens.

Per Isola on NBARadio this morning, LAC has legit put Blake on the trading block.  Flake has flaws for sure but he's still a legit MVP candidate.  A Hawk-fan caller suggested Al/Thabo for Flake/Lantz and he wasn't immediately laughed off the air.  That'd make us a contendah (moreso next season than this season).  Now I got to go hide before Supes reads this.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Per Isola on NBARadio this morning, LAC has legit put Blake on the trading block.  Flake has flaws for sure but he's still a legit MVP candidate.  A Hawk-fan caller suggested Al/Thabo for Flake/Lantz and he wasn't immediately laughed off the air.  That'd make us a contendah (moreso next season than this season).  Now I got to go hide before Supes reads this.

Supe'll get you. 

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I may get my wish

51 minutes ago, kg01 said:

What's your wish?  Wait, is this safe for work?

Teague / horford for Blake....yes it works and I have excellent reasons why its good for both teams 

Edited by JTB