• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

1 minute ago, GameTime said:

Dwight just put up 36 points and 26 rebounds less than a month ago. I don't believe he is as washed up as people are saying he is. McHale and Bicker don't have a clue on what to do with him (or the entire team rather). 

I watched that game, he looked like vintage Dwight. It was like one of those good D. Rose games of this season. 

Edited by NBASupes

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He's not a brand name anymore.  If anything, he probably has a negative Q-rating.  When's the last time you saw a Howard commercial?  What shoe/apparel does he rep?  No googling.

Whens the last time you saw ANY Hawk on a national product endorsement commercial. no googling.........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

Whens the last time you saw ANY Hawk on a national product endorsement commercial. no googling.........

What's that got to do with Dwight tho? We already know we don't have any marketable players outside of maybe Dennis to the international community. 

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Adidas?

Nope.  The "?" basically makes my point.

1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

I'm not claiming any of them are superstars the way you seem to think Howard is one.  Have you been able to figure out who he's signed with?  Spoiler alert, it's not Nike, it's not Aiddas, it's not Under Armour, it's not even that Chinese brand Wade wears.

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He's not a brand name anymore.  If anything, he probably has a negative Q-rating.  When's the last time you saw a Howard commercial?  What shoe/apparel does he rep?  No googling.

Just now, DS5 said:

Maybe Kamla did have some insight from Howard's camp

Rick clearly does, but the question is his future contract will be a poison pill. Do we want to trade an asset like Teague for that potential contract. Hell, do we even want to trade someone like Millsap for that and Ariza is still even closer to a no than a yes. Right now, Dwight's value is at an all time low. Even the Hornets will balk at a deal knowing what you have to pay someone on the decline. 

6 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Link or it never happens but seriously I don't like Dwight but he does do something that no one can do better and that is rebounding.

No link. I was kidding. But seriously Dwight isn't for us.

Just now, DS5 said:

Maybe Kamla did have some insight from Howard's camp

Rick clearly does, but the question is his future contract will be a poison pill. Do we want to trade an asset like Teague for that potential contract. Hell, do we even want to trade someone like Millsap for that and Ariza is still even closer to a no than a yes. Right now, Dwight's value is at an all time low. Even the Hornets will balk at a deal knowing what you have to pay someone on the decline. 

What if he agreed to opt in? I Agee that his value is extremely low, but it sounds like the rockets want to and will get rid of him before the deadline. So wouldn't this be the perfect time to buy? I'd offer Teague and Splitter. Hell, if he opts in, we can even flip him during the off-season.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Thats all i WANT him to do for the Hawks....... I never, ever want to see the Hawks embarrass themselves like this again:

SJM5NI.gif

mVb8Hun.gif

Looks like Mr.Lames traveled. Plus Horford played way to close to Thompson.

10 minutes ago, DS5 said:

What if he agreed to opt in? I Agee that his value is extremely low, but it sounds like the rockets want to and will get rid of him before the deadline. So wouldn't this be the perfect time to buy? I'd offer Teague and Splitter. Hell, if he opts in, we can even flip him during the off-season.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

That's not likely at this stage and even then that's still short term and no way will his agent approve of that knowing his player is on the decline. If teams are balking now and he could get through money from someone,  it's best to do it now and get paid instead of having your value drop and you cannot get a long term deal.

Edited by NBASupes