• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

Just now, NBASupes said:

I tried telling y'all. Only trade Jeff or Al for a deal that is an instant restock deal. No meh ass deals.

It's funny through the course of this thread I think I've gone from "TRADE ALL O' DEM!!!" to pretty much realizing offseason trades would be better.

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I tried telling y'all. Only trade Jeff or Al for a deal that is an instant restock deal. No meh ass deals.

This Teague/Dennis combo needs to be over and done with.

This team needs to be broken up now. I guess everyone is going to wait until the team fails to make the playoffs. Which will be next year if not this year. Their run is OVER.

I mean, if we keep Horford after the deadline that probably means he is staying... Which is bad. He has no heart and he puts his own agenda above the team. Not to mention that he is on the decline.  He needs to go.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Do to they ever make moves to actually improve? They stick with the same shit until the wheels fall completely off.

Hots how long you been around here?   You know the Hawks front office has been one of the worst in the NBA for many years.   Nothing will happen in the offseason unless it is a resigning for a current player.   I dont think we have anyone in the front office who knows what they are doing.  

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's funny through the course of this thread I think I've gone from "TRADE ALL O' DEM!!!" to pretty much realizing offseason trades would be better.

It's fun to say trade them till you look at the offers and make a sour face.

6 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

This Teague/Dennis combo needs to be over and done with.

This team needs to be broken up now. I guess everyone is going to wait until the team fails to make the playoffs. Which will be next year if not this year. Their run is OVER.

I mean, if we keep Horford after the deadline that probably means he is staying... Which is bad. He has no heart and he puts his own agenda above the team. Not to mention that he is on the decline.  He needs to go.

We been saying this for years and they just gotten to the ECF with the best year in franchise history. I don't agree especially seeing how the east isn't getting better at the top. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Do to they ever make moves to actually improve? They stick with the same shit until the wheels fall completely off.

Well maybe they think that this core can get better in the second half and in the playoffs plus there isn't too many players you can plug and play in this offense

We are not breaking up the team if we cant get value back period, nobody is going to do that. Were not getting the players that the top teams have the four we always talk about not happening, so were more competitive than almost any other team without any of those players,  not getting past CLE or maybe even TOR if they stay healthy but those teams have holes and issues are goinng ot start showing for them too - we are already underperforming, we really dont have anywhere to go but up if we keep the current players for this year.  

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

We are not breaking up the team if we cant get value back period, nobody is going to do that. Were not getting the players that the top teams have the four we always talk about not happening, so were more competitive than almost any other team without any of those players,  not getting past CLE or maybe even TOR if they stay healthy but those teams have holes and issues are goinng ot start showing for them too - we are already underperforming, we really dont have anywhere to go but up if we keep the current players for this year.  

That's not necessarily true.  And I'm not saying standing pat is the wrong move for the record.

10 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Well maybe they think that this core can get better in the second half and in the playoffs plus there isn't too many players you can plug and play in this offense

I don't know if it's that they believe so much in the core.  I think it's more value-driven.  Should they sell low now just to do ... something, or should they wait and do the best thing for the franchise?

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I don't know if it's that they believe so much in the core.  I think it's more value-driven.  Should they sell low now just to do ... something, or should they wait and do the best thing for the franchise?

That is the one of the biggest reason why Atlanta Hawks needs to have a goal in mind and stay the course, no matter what we the fans or pundits says.  They believe in Value but at the end, value don't really win all of the time unless you have a superstar or star but do the Hawks have one?

At this point, there are only a few players that I would deal for....in particular would be trying to get Giannis or Parker from the Bucks. Outside of that, nothing really tickles my fancy. Teague for Giannis, which the Bucks won't do I'm sure or Teague for Jabari Parker which they most likely won't do either.

Its looking more and more like we stand pat until this summer which is fine by me.

No deal> trash deal

5 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

That is the one of the biggest reason why Atlanta Hawks needs to have a goal in mind and stay the course, no matter what we the fans or pundits says.  They believe in Value but at the end, value don't really win all of the time unless you have a superstar or star but do the Hawks have one?

They don't care what we think.  What's the old adage, " If you ever start listening to the folks in the crowd you'll soon be sitting with them." or STTE.

On an unrelated note, if anyone's keeping track, our resident Celtic-fan -er- Celtic beatwriter/ballboy Chris Mannix is now reporting the Celts may be looking at Markieff Morris now.

What happened C's, Hawks didn't want your junk in exchange for Al?

I don't know if I am asking the right question

But I seriously thinking what is the direction that the Hawks want to go?

We don't want to trade Teague, Al or anybody on this but we still have issues that this team needs to address like SF rotation that is not working right now, rebounding number is abysmal, and even know that our defense is good but we just give up too many offense rebs.

Then we have to worry if Al is going to resign with us but it is 5-year max but that sound like what happened to Joe Johnson.

Arrrghhh, It is so confusing right now, where is this team going?

• Like 1

As long as Sap and Horford are together we will be a bad defensive rebounding team.
People say , add a good rebounding big off the bench. That may help some through out the game,  but that wont really fix the problem.
Example.. in the last 5 minutes of a game in crunch time, that rebounding big is gonna be on the bench, while teams are pulling down offensive rebounds left and right.
As for a big SF, you would need a guy with Shawn Marion like rebounding abilty to make up for a Center that has more games with 4 rebs or less than games with 10 rebs or more.