• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tiago Splitter Injury

• 2 weeks later...

Tiago Splitter is taking part in non-contact portions of Hawks practices but the team offered no update on when the reserve center might return from the right hamstring strain that has sideline him since training camp.

The original timeline noted that Splitter would miss at least four weeks with the Grade 2 strain announced on Oct. 10. The timeline meant Splitter would be out at least until this week, beginning Monday.

Splitter has been running and taking part in shooting drills but Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer said Friday there was no update. He declined to say that Splitter would be out longer than four weeks but said more might be known soon.

“Right now, it would be inappropriate to say either way,” Budenholzer said. “There is no change or no update. We’ll know more in the next few days whether it will be longer or on track.

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/basketball/update-on-splitters-return-could-come-soon/ns63Q/

12 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He has an expiring contract that might be beneficial come trade deadline if Bud decides to make a move.

Honestly im looking forward to him playing!   His smarts in this system since he has basically played in it his whole career combined with his size off the bench is intriguing. I think it's a nice one two punch combo to have him come in after Dwight and bang in the paint with these guys more...talk about size we've needed for years! Hopefully he stays healthy.

• Like 2

A couple of weeks ago the deadline would be the beginning of this week as to when he could be back. Bud didn't really make a comment leaning either way very recently though. He's paid well to rehab.

1 hour ago, sturt said:

I take this to mean C-Viv is pretty sure Splitter's back next week... and based on the plural form (assignments), I'm wondering if that's happenstance, or if Scott also is getting back.

2016-11-12_1604.png

C-Viv is never sure of anything except a typo or grammatical error.

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, sturt said:

I take this to mean C-Viv is pretty sure Splitter's back next week... and based on the plural form (assignments), I'm wondering if that's happenstance, or if Scott also is getting back.

2016-11-12_1604.png

Related thought... if Scott gets back, that might mean Kelly's gone and Jarrett Jack is back. It might.

• Premium Member

No, it doesn't work that way, at least if I understand correctly. That is, for any team that signs him--including us--it reduces the amount from the first contract that we would be paying him. And since that contract was for the minimum, it naturally follows that our second contract essentially replaces the first (unless of course, we were for some reason to pay him more).

19 hours ago, JTB said:

Honestly im looking forward to him playing!   His smarts in this system since he has basically played in it his whole career combined with his size off the bench is intriguing. I think it's a nice one two punch combo to have him come in after Dwight and bang in the paint with these guys more...talk about size we've needed for years! Hopefully he stays healthy.

I'd like to see him play as well.  Although I think it will take a couple of weeks for him to get back into a groove.