• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sources; Kalland: "People that know the team/Al have a feeling that he is gone"

GameTime

1 minute ago, hazer said:

Exactly. It's Top 10 in size, population, basketball audience, business, growth, so forth.

Didn't  you get the memo, only NY, LA and BOS are big cities. 

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Didn't  you get the memo, only NY, LA and BOS are big cities. 

It's just that we are putting cover sheets on all the tps reports now....lol

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The Tim Hardaway Jr conundrum,  making awful decisions based on a player primarily going off v. Us

8YV4y3J.png

You're not being fair to what Vucevic has made over the years. I also love Horford but Vuc is just as good, if not better, than Al. He's an all-star who has been snubbed two or three years in a row just because he plays for a losing team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

You're not being fair to what Vucevic has made over the years. I also love Horford but Vuc is just as good, if not better, than Al. He's an all-star who has been snubbed two or three years in a row just because he plays for a losing team.

This is bullshit,  complete bullshit. I watch Orlando games, there is a reason they are underwhelming and Nikola is one of the biggest reasons with Elfrid and Tobias. Especially on defense. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is bullshit,  complete bullshit. I watch Orlando games, there is a reason they are underwhelming and Nikola is one of the biggest reasons with Elfrid and Tobias. Especially on defense. 

Calm down, I have never implied that you don't watch games. We all know you do. So do I. Yes, he's not an above average defender by any means. His value comes primarily from what he does on offense. He's great at offense. If he was good on D then he would be All-NBA 2nd-3rd team. That, he is not. Neither is Al.

I'm not saying he would be better than Al in this team, and in fact I wouldn't like to trade Al for him. I just stated that IMHO he's at least just as good as Al, and if the Hawks decide not to keep him, I'd surely welcome Vucevic in a trade.

4 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Calm down, I have never implied that you don't watch games. We all know you do. So do I. Yes, he's not an above average defender by any means. His value comes primarily from what he does on offense. He's great at offense. If he was good on D then he would be All-NBA 2nd-3rd team. That, he is not. Neither is Al.

I'm not saying he would be better than Al in this team, and in fact I wouldn't like to trade Al for him. I just stated that IMHO he's at least just as good as Al, and if the Hawks decide not to keep him, I'd surely welcome Vucevic in a trade.

Al is great though regardless if he doesn't get the accolades 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Yes, and he has been great for a long time now. I don't like his defensive rebounding stats, but very few people actually note he is most of the time trying to box out (even if the other guys won't) so someone else can grab the board. I'm just concerned in having a B-plan if he does something crazy like telling Bud he doesn't want to be a Hawk anymore.

Al is not about padding his stats, but sometimes I wish he would play a little harder. Still, he's been great for us.

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

You're one of my fave posters on here, but I just can't get on board with this, even with a barrage of caveats.   Will Vucevic reach that level?  Maybe one day, but for now he is def not as good as Al.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, SalvorMallow said:

You're one of my fave posters on here, but I just can't get on board with this, even with a barrage of caveats.   Will Vucevic reach that level?  Maybe one day, but for now he is def not as good as Al.

Hey, thank you for the compliment. I understand many of us will think Al is great, and so do I, but I definitely see in Vucevic a star in the making.

4 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Great? He rebounds like a WNBA PG, gets pushed around in the paint and opposing centers have feasted on him for years because he's weak as a 1 on 1 defender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Great? He rebounds like a WNBA PG, gets pushed around in the paint and opposing centers have feasted on him for years because he's weak as a 1 on 1 defender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebounding chances is vital if you are mentioning rebounding numbers. 

Horford gets 65.5% rebounds on offense or defense gathered in his vicinity that was not a deferred rebound. That's like him and Dennis around the ball and he let's Dennis have it because he knows his surroundings. 

That's 5% more than Paul Millsap who's our leading rebounder. Millsap get 17.4 rebounding chances compared to Al 8.5 of the team's rebounding chances. 

• Like 1

Rebounding Chances ???(in the Jim Mora playoffs? Voice).

Ball comes of the rim  - Go get it - there's your chance. I understand him boxing out blah blah blah - too many times Al is caught flat footed or just plain not battling for position to get a rebound. 

Dennis Rodman said he studied how the ball would come of the rim depending on where the shot came from so he cud get in position. 

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Rebounding Chances ???(in the Jim Mora playoffs? Voice).

Ball comes of the rim  - Go get it - there's your chance. I understand him boxing out blah blah blah - too many times Al is caught flat footed or just plain not battling for position to get a rebound. 

Dennis Rodman said he studied how the ball would come of the rim depending on where the shot came from so he cud get in position. 

Dennis main job is to get rebounds, not Al's. Like I have said, if you got a problem with Al's rebounding nunbers, go talk to Coach Bud about it.

Edited by NBASupes

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Dennis main job is to get rebounds, not Al's. Like I have said, if you got a problem with Al's rebounding nunbers, go talk to Coach Bud about it.

How do you explain nights when he gets 9, 10, 11, 12 rebounds, then nights he gets 2 and 3.  It's ALL about Al's EFFORT and ACTIVITY most nights or lack there of.

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How do you explain nights when he gets 9, 10, 11, 12 rebounds, then nights he gets 2 and 3.  It's ALL about Al's EFFORT and ACTIVITY most nights or lack there of.

If he's defensive presence is as good as it is, that is effort and activity.  

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Completely agree.  Horford isn't doing the work to get himself in position enough.  He is wanting to avoid injury and steering clear of the scrum.  But when an easy rebounding chance comes along, he does capture that at a good %.  

I agree with Supes that Al is still a good player with his impact on spacing, his efficient scoring, his good passing, and his good defense but I don't buy the excuses being offered to justify his career low defensive rebounding.

• Like 2