After Horford, Dwight Howard needs to be our #1 target in FA

NBASupes

Millsap will be an elite 6th man and beast off the bench and it will limit Horford and Millsap playing time so they can all stay healthy. Trade Jeff for a starting SF. Rudy Gay needs to be an option. Dennis is ready to start. Hardaway Jr and Korver need to split time. Get rid of Bazemore. 

Contending team.

93 million

Horford 18 million cap hold

53 million in committed dollars

10 spots filled

3 draft picks.

That leaves us with 72 million with Horford's and our 1st cap hold. 21 million for Howard. For more, we could stretch provision Splitter and that would be like 26 million dollars for Howard. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

93 million

Horford 18 million cap hold

53 million in committed dollars

10 spots filled

3 draft picks.

That leaves us with 72 million with Horford's and our 1st cap hold. 21 million for Howard. For more, we could stretch provision Splitter and that would be like 26 million dollars for Howard. 

Its a good thing to do if Sap is willing to be our 6th man (even if he isn't Im sure he will get use to the idea if we are winning). I mean we could always try Sap at the 3 and run with a BIG lineup too to see how that works. All in all Im completely down with this move if we are truly able to make it happen.

The hawks need a starting caliber center to go along with millsap and horford. Im cool with letting Baze walk as well if we can land Howard as well. A move like that would push us into being real contenders!

While its not completely impossible since Howard is willing to come back to play in his hometown  I seriously doubt it happens. BUT if your numbers are right then it just may! **Fingers Crossed**

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

Its a good thing to do if Sap is willing to be our 6th man (even if he isn't Im sure he will get use to the idea if we are winning). I mean we could always try Sap at the 3 and run with a BIG lineup too to see how that works. All in all Im completely down with this move if we are truly able to make it happen.

The hawks need a starting caliber center to go along with millsap and horford. Im cool with letting Baze walk as well if we can land Howard as well. A move like that would push us into being real contenders!

While its not completely impossible since Howard is willing to come back to play in his hometown  I seriously doubt it happens. BUT if your numbers are right then it just may! **Fingers Crossed**

Trade Jeff ass to Sacramento who gonna need a PG after this season anyway.  We need a SF and one more SG. 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trade Jeff ass to Sacramento who gonna need a PG after this season anyway.  We need a SF and one more SG. 

Yeah but the big question is, does your scenario work with landing howard? assuming that the projected cap number for this off season.

On paper Howard would be the right aquisition.. But thats it. In reality though..

Would be the same risk as Splitter injury-wise.
Would possibly kill the lockerroom.
Would demand to totally change ballmovin' system to utilize him properly

Would maybe be the starplayer fans wanted for so long, but would probably fail to deliver the promised gamechanging facettes to live up the hype due to injuries and immaturity.

I guess the hawks have to look at boston's summer and perhaps grab a crowder or bradley + one of their million picks for Millsap.
Teague's case is more difficult and especially after the missed opportunity at the last trade-window..

If I could wish me something, it would net us Barnes and Jokic this summer..

Al had a great game against a bad rebounding team.  He is better suited to play in a game that is fast paced like last night was.  Don't get used to him doing that again.  Al needs to go because he's softer than Charmin.  Don't let last nights performance clout your judgment.

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Al had a great game against a bad rebounding team.  He is better suited to play in a game that is fast paced like last night was.  Don't get used to him doing that again.  Al needs to go because he's softer than Charmin.  Don't let last nights performance clout your judgment.

Your opinions on Al are always so awful 

• Like 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

Your opinions on Al are always so awful 

Because he makes it very easy to do so. Is playing timid overall and wants to cash in during the off season.  I loved Al years ago, but the Al that is presently on the team needs to go.   I want players who will leave it all on the floor and not scared to play.  Al is  concerned with getting paid and not trying to help his team win.  His style of play is fine if he were a 3, but alas he's not.  He is a center at least by positional standards, but we all know that isn't true.  You can't pay Al all that money to be a jump shooting big man who is scared of paint.  The Hawks need an inside presence and a rim protector.  Al needs to move on.

My WHOLE disatisfction with the Hawks has centered around the fact that the team was CLOSE to being a legit contender last year before the allsta break, and the Hawks FAILED to add to the team to get them over the hump.  NBA people were waiting last year at the deadline for the Hawks to do what Cleveland did: add the final piece to a Eastern Conference Championship contender.

This lead me to hate the front office.  It also lead me to believe that in order to add a player like Dwight Howard, the Hawks would have to gamble and get rid of a starter and a draft pick.  Sups has made the Hawks look worse in this thread if they dont make a play for Howard during the off season. He has pointed out HOW the Hawks can keep a BIG THREE of Howard, Horford and Milsap.  If Sups is correct, there is NO excuse for them to not make a hard push to add Howard next year.