• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Roddy White released

Dnice

My all time favorite falcon. The man was on my grooms cake at my wedding for gods sake lol. He played with such heart, such grit and it showed in the little things. Everybody talks about the two track down forced fumbles which is exactly what I'm talking about but it also showed in he mans blocking. One of the best at that, looked like he always took pride in popping people. The way he took Julio in and the relationship they have after everybody in the media was trying their best to turn it into this big fued when we drafted him. Will always admire and appreciate what he did for this team. Gonna miss you 84 

• Like 3

I don't care about the NFL, but my first thought after hearing the name Roddy White was thinking if he was this guy...

Yeah, he was that guy. A funny moment in the NFL to me.

Roddy said himself that Quinn called him but he didn't get the call because he was out of the country. So people are reading too much into the text message thing. Quinn said he wanted to do it sooner rather than later so Roddy would have plenty of time to prepare for free agency. 

Anyway, tough move to make (for more than sentimental reasons). We already needed some help at receiver. We need Hardy to make big strides and we'll have to draft and/or sign someone else. Nick Williams looked good when he got a chance so maybe he has a future on the team.

Roddy's the man, though. He was written off quickly as a bust and then became the best receiver in franchise history (well, before Julio). I'll never forget him burning Richard Sherman in the playoffs for that big TD. I just hope he goes to the AFC now.

• Like 1

He puts his foot in his mouth more than I care for (criticism of Shanahan going out the door his latest gaffe) but I think he's a quality dude.  On the field, couldn't ask for more.

Hands weren't the greatest nor was he the fastest, but his wrestling background made him a master at the line of scrimmage and the best blocking wideout in the league for a long stretch.  As @jy23 alluded to, we changed from offense to defense after turnovers very well becuase he instilled hustle and tackling in the unit.  

He, Julio, and Tony, although short-lived, was always a show.  I'll miss that patented tough-guy dig route that he always moved the chains with.  With his injury history and uncertainty of his new surroundings, I wouldn't count on him having a 1,000 yard season again.  Wish him the best either way.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, benhillboy said:

He puts his foot in his mouth more than I care for (criticism of Shanahan going out the door his latest gaffe) but I think he's a quality dude.  On the field, couldn't ask for more.

Hands weren't the greatest nor was he the fastest, but his wrestling background made him a master at the line of scrimmage and the best blocking wideout in the league for a long stretch.  As @jy23 alluded to, we changed from offense to defense after turnovers very well becuase he instilled hustle and tackling in the unit.  

He, Julio, and Tony, although short-lived, was always a show.  I'll miss that patented tough-guy dig route that he always moved the chains with.  With his injury history and uncertainty of his new surroundings, I wouldn't count on him having a 1,000 yard season again.  Wish him the best either way.

Everything he said about Shanny was right though. He just said what everyone already knew.