• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where is your faith in Buds System?

JTB

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Sothron said:

We did draft one guy #1 overall that was a superstar but he played for the ABA but I understand the point you are making. You think that basically replacing DMC with a similar output at the 3 will put us back to where we were last season.

I think it's more than just DMC.   But I don't think it requires that we go Durant or Superstar name here or Bust.  When you have a team built mostly on analytics, you have to find the correct skillset.   We saw how far this team with DMC and Pero could go.  To go farther, we need that plus some depth and maybe more shooting (now).

4 hours ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Melo will sign with the hawks? that's hard to see... but you have a point  about Melo playing with teague,sap,horford,thabo, dennis, and so on.. the only problem is i dont know if he will fit in Bud's system, he usually do isos a lot, but again they need a "go to guy" which  will do isos in critical situations

Carmelo has been a lethal shooter when all he has to concentrate on, is shooting the basketball.  His stints with Team USA basically featured Anthony as the knockdown shooter, when he was in the game.

I hate the way people have villified isolation basketball.  If a player is good at it, there's nothing wrong with it at all.

Melo is maybe one of the 5 most complete offensive basketball players in the game, considering that there is just about anything he can't do from the 3 position offensively, except play point forward.  And even then, he has good enough court vision to find open men.

He would thrive in Bud's system, plus function as a much needed closer down the stretch of games.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Why would anyone want Melo at this point in his career? If the guy was 25, sure. But he's not.

I guess the same reason we would want to max horford, a player that has never been even close to being  a legit star ....whatever that's called same applies to melo.

guess the word I'm looking for is desperate. Desperate is why...lol 

14 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Deke was a superstar in 1996 when we got him imo. I mean the guy was a top shot blocker like every year he was with us and a top 5 rebounder. If that's not a superstar, not sure what is. Granted a defensive superstar, isn't as sexy as a ppg leader but still a superstar.

ps WHO WANTS TO SEX MUTOMBO?

But was Mutombo E L I T E ????

Clearly not, he never won a chip. You got to win the chip. It's got electrolytes, it's what plants crave.