• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Seven games left...tied with Miami in loss column...two up up in win column

bumpyphish1

3 hours ago, AHF said:

Boston isn't very talented.  They aren't contenders.  A risk to knock off a fringe contender having a bad series at best.

Their path to future contender status is getting lucky with a lottery pick (see NJ bad trades).

If the Celtics get the Heat or the Hornets in the playoffs, I think they can beat both of them, if the Celts get us, we will win. That's just the plain and simple fact. Lol.

6 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

What's so special about Avery Bradley,  Jae Crowder,  Jared Sullinger and and Amir Johnson?

They play for the 'storied' Celtics. 

Any players that play for Bos, NY get an uptick in their overvaluation.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Down goes Miami!!!  Thanks Orlando.

Finally Orlando does something for us...been a long time coming. Ok now we gotta take care of business and handle the Celts tomorrow. I won't be around cuz I'm taking gf to a nice getaway for a night and prolly shouldn't watch bball as its "quality time" lol...I will tape the game though and watch it on Sunday. I don't need any texts from friends so the phone is being turned off. Simulation of the Celts/Hawks game will be played tonight. Lol. It's really tough missing this game live but I gotta.

If Atlanta wins tomorrow (later today really for me), I bet the Miami stealth tank that I've talked about as a possibility begins actually. As I bet they really feel that Atlanta is their best first round matchup (and unfortunately I feel like that feeling is true).

Due to that negative note, I'll throw in some other, more positive notes. Boston fans said that possibly facing Atlanta in the playoffs will be tough due to the Horford/Millsap frontcourt and there's been Charlotte fans that have said an Atlanta first round is a quick ticket to a first round exit for them.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Must win playoff game v. Boston.

Yup. We need to come out and punch them in the mouth immediately so they lose all hope. Take their lunch money and send them home sad.

23 minutes ago, Lurker said:

If Atlanta wins tomorrow (later today really for me), I bet the Miami stealth tank that I've talked about as a possibility begins actually. As I bet they really feel that Atlanta is their best first round matchup (and unfortunately I feel like that feeling is true).

Due to that negative note, I'll throw in some other, more positive notes. Boston fans said that possibly facing Atlanta in the playoffs will be tough due to the Horford/Millsap frontcourt and there's been Charlotte fans that have said an Atlanta first round is a quick ticket to a first round exit for them.

I started to think about this, and then I saw who posted it.

We aren't anyone's best matchup.  Miami would be NUTS not to wanna play one of the younger and less experienced teams (Celts/Hornets)...especially Charlotte.  

SILLY SILLY SILLY.  Regular season means squat.  We would handle any of these 3 teams in Rd. 1.  I do agree Miami would be the toughest matchup.  I don't believe for a second they "prefer" to play us though.  That's absurd.  

I don't know the tie breakers for the other teams, but I love our chances of getting the 3 assuming we win tomorrow as we should.  After that, Boston plays both Charlotte and Miami to finish the year, so those games will likely determine much of the season.  Best case we get the 3 and Charlotte sticks at 6.  I suspect 6 will either be Miami or Charlotte.  But if Miami does get the six, it ain't because they "want" to play us.  Believe that. 

Edited by bumpyphish1

6 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm not comparing this Boston team to an Atlanta team of several years ago. All I'm saying is that they have some really good young defensive players in Bradley, Smart and Crowder and some pieces to come via the Nets pick. Combine this with a really good coach and they are headed north. Now, having said all this I must tell you that I've hated the Celtics since 1985. I hated Bird, McHale, and Ainge with a passion, so naturally I hope they fail. All I'm saying is that you called them role players, which they are most certainly not. They aren't superstars but definitely not role players. 

That doesn't really go against much of anything that I've said. I'm not calling them role players in the strictest sense of the word. Not like a Bruce Bowen. Bradley is a good defender and an ok scorer, but he is fairly limited outside of that. Their other guys have lots of limitations in their game also. They're a watered down version of the 2004 Pistons and people sometimes called that a team of role players also.

1 hour ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

That doesn't really go against much of anything that I've said. I'm not calling them role players in the strictest sense of the word. Not like a Bruce Bowen. Bradley is a good defender and an ok scorer, but he is fairly limited outside of that. Their other guys have lots of limitations in their game also. They're a watered down version of the 2004 Pistons and people sometimes called that a team of role players also.

Their most definitely role players but they have specialty skills like we have with Thabo, Kyle and Carroll last year. They don't have a star like we have with Sap and Al. They have a budding one in Thomas and we have one in Jeff who's better than Thomas.

I wouldn't sleep on Boston or Charlotte. They play hard and Thomas/Kemba would be the best scorers on the floor. We didn't exactly impress against a weaker Brooklyn team in the first round last season. I would still expect to win, but I wouldn't be surprised to see 7 games.

12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Their most definitely role players but they have specialty skills like we have with Thabo, Kyle and Carroll last year. They don't have a star like we have with Sap and Al. They have a budding one in Thomas and we have one in Jeff who's better than Thomas.

I don't agree that Teague is better than Thomas.

1 hour ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I don't agree that Teague is better than Thomas.

Teague abuses Thomas on a regular basis then rubs his head as to console the lil shorty like a big brother to a little brother.

• Moderators
On 4/8/2016 at 5:38 PM, Spud2Nique said:

I'm not comparing this Boston team to an Atlanta team of several years ago. All I'm saying is that they have some really good young defensive players in Bradley, Smart and Crowder and some pieces to come via the Nets pick. Combine this with a really good coach and they are headed north. Now, having said all this I must tell you that I've hated the Celtics since 1985. I hated Bird, McHale, and Ainge with a passion, so naturally I hope they fail. All I'm saying is that you called them role players, which they are most certainly not. They aren't superstars but definitely not role players. 

I think most of them are role players.  They are a collection of good role players led by a good coach.  They are not contenders because they just don't have the talent.  Every one of their best players has only moderate strengths.  The coach does a great job maximizing their strengths and minimizing their defense and they play well together.  If they don't land a star, they will never contend.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

AHF I agree with you completely.  Stevens is an excellent coach.  It was funny the contrast between him and Bud.  Stevens looks like he is ready for a magazine shoot with with his designer suit and bud looks like a used car salesman on the sideline.  But Stevens is quick to talk about how he steals his ideas from Bud.  

2 hours ago, AHF said:

I think most of them are role players.  They are a collection of good role players led by a good coach.  They are not contenders because they just don't have the talent.  Every one of their best players has only moderate strengths.  The coach does a great job maximizing their strengths and minimizing their defense and they play well together.  If they don't land a star, they will never contend.

Oh no doubt they aren't contenders. But my main point I think is that hotlanta said they were role players and I think Thomas, Bradley, Crowder and Smart are above being role players. Again I never said they could contend but I think they can take out the Hear or Hornets in round 1.