• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This game was the perfect example of why i cant stand Hawks ownership.

Hawkmoor

The VERY reason ive been clowning this team was put on display.  The Hawks aint a bad team. The problem is ownership, thru management ( bud), REFUSES to and will continue to REFUSE to get a player or two to put this team over the top.  Cleveland was loaded last year, then, added J.R. and Shumpert.  What they do this year? They added Frye to this bunch. What the Hawks do?  They was already outmanned, and did NOTHING last year and this year,  pick up b league Splitter. Splitter wouldnt have made a difference.  Another b league pick up for the Hawks.

The Hawks did their BEST tonight.  They hustled, got after it. Hit big shots, and it wasnt enough because Cleveland is loaded.  Heck, you better be able to rebound and shoot with them, and the Hawks cant.  Again, whats frustrating is the Hawks dont SERIOUSLY attempt to improve this squad. It didnt need a major makeover. How is it Cleveland, waaaaaaay smaller market than Atlanta, can find ways to add to their team, but Atlanta cant??

This series lost Atlanta fans.  Wait, they think attendance was down this year, wait till next year.  Blow this crap up if you dont wanna add to it. Makes no difference either way if you aint serious about a championship.

Channing Frye. REALLY, the Hawks couldnt have used him????

Edited by Hawkmoor

To be fair I'd probably have taken Splitter over Frye at the beginning of the season. In fact, Frye would be redundant on this team as we've already got plenty of bigs who can shoot. If anything it's a testament to how well Lebron makes his scrub teammates better. We could have had Frye or Smith or Shumpert, but most likely they wouldn't play as well for us.

Though I question why Bud went away from Humphries in the second half, he was sorely missed.

6 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

To be fair I'd probably have taken Splitter over Frye at the beginning of the season. In fact, Frye would be redundant on this team as we've already got plenty of bigs who can shoot. If anything it's a testament to how well Lebron makes his scrub teammates better. We could have had Frye or Smith or Shumpert, but most likely they wouldn't play as well for us.

Though I question why Bud went away from Humphries in the second half, he was sorely missed.

Frye fits what they do much better. He got a bunch of elite offensive players around him. It's easy to look great when you get open looks and our defenders are always on the run due to LeBron being LeBron or Kyrie having an ISO kill mode. 

21 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

The VERY reason ive been clowning this team was put on display.  The Hawks aint a bad team. The problem is ownership, thru management ( bud), REFUSES to and will continue to REFUSE to get a player or two to put this team over the top.  Cleveland was loaded last year, then, added J.R. and Shumpert.  What they do this year? They added Frye to this bunch. What the Hawks do?  They was already outmanned, and did NOTHING last year and this year,  pick up b league Splitter. Splitter wouldnt have made a difference.  Another b league pick up for the Hawks.

The Hawks did their BEST tonight.  They hustled, got after it. Hit big shots, and it wasnt enough because Cleveland is loaded.  Heck, you better be able to rebound and shoot with them, and the Hawks cant.  Again, whats frustrating is the Hawks dont SERIOUSLY attempt to improve this squad. It didnt need a major makeover. How is it Cleveland, waaaaaaay smaller market than Atlanta, can find ways to add to their team, but Atlanta cant??

This series lost Atlanta fans.  Wait, they think attendance was down this year, wait till next year.  Blow this crap up if you dont wanna add to it. Makes no difference either way if you aint serious about a championship.

Channing Frye. REALLY, the Hawks couldnt have used him????

You are 100% right on.  I am 49 years old and have wasted a shameful amount of my time on these owners of Atlanta sports teams tease and make fools of fans for too long. I am going to start putting all my free time back in to fishing and things I can control. 

• Like 1

Frye fits what they do much better. He got a bunch of elite offensive players around him. It's easy to look great when you get open looks and our defenders are always on the run due to LeBron being LeBron or Kyrie having an ISO kill mode. 

My problem is that we're not making them pay on the other end. Lebron is the only elite 2-way player they've got. Kyrie we should be exposing. Frye we should be exposing. Richard Jefferson at the 4 we should be exposing.

I know we don't have great ISO guys, but we've got to exploit our advantages wherever they are on the court. That and Bud is a fool for not playing Humphries more. I don't know what he's seeing, but I think the Hawks would be best served by putting Millsap on Lebron and daring him to shoot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ATLien_ said:

Cavs  basically have 8 starters coming off the bench. They're only bench players because they are on the Cavs.

You're reaching now. None of those guys are legit starters. Name them? Lol

Typical Hawks team flawed. Every off season you see how good organizations continue to add talent no matter if their loaded while the other teams that are satisfied where they are do nothing. Will see if losing this series makes Hawks management mad enough to actually do something big to improve the team.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cwell said:

You're reaching now. None of those guys are legit starters. Name them? Lol

Shumpert  would start for us and started in new York before  all his injury issues. 

Mozgov  could be a starting center in fact he started for the Cavs last year. 

MO Williams  and Richard Jefferson are 5 year plus starters that have made Allstar games. They are older but still have game.

Channing Fry started for years in Phoenix.

The Hawks bench is comprised mostly of 2nd rounders and guards  that shoot  barely over 30% from the field and 3.

Chris Humphries and Sefelosha  are the two guys with starting  experience.

30 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

My problem is that we're not making them pay on the other end. Lebron is the only elite 2-way player they've got. Kyrie we should be exposing. Frye we should be exposing. Richard Jefferson at the 4 we should be exposing.

I know we don't have great ISO guys, but we've got to exploit our advantages wherever they are on the court. That and Bud is a fool for not playing Humphries more. I don't know what he's seeing, but I think the Hawks would be best served by putting Millsap on Lebron and daring him to shoot.

If LeBron was just elite, I'll be like cool but he's Superman

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, ATLien_ said:

Shumpert  would start for us and started in new York before  all his injury issues. 

Mozgov  could be a starting center in fact he started for the Cavs last year. 

MO Williams  and Richard Jefferson are 5 year plus starters that have made Allstar games. They are older but still have game.

Channing Fry started for years in Phoenix.

The Hawks bench is comprised mostly of 2nd rounders and guards  that shoot  barely over 30% from the field and 3.

Chris Humphries and Sefelosha  are the two guys with starting  experience.

Splitter and THJr started lots of games going by your rationale

• Like 2

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They got worst role players than us

They just got the best player in the NBA 

This is the truth. Does anyone think Dellavedadedova, a 50 year old Richard Jefferson, JR Smith who got ran out of town by the damn Knicks, and Channing Fry would be starring for us is kidding themselves. It's the Lebron is absolutely unguardable factor that changes everything. Our best defender, Thabo, looks like Mike Bibby against him.

• Like 1