• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The honeymoon is OVER for Bud

TheNorthCydeRises

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

None of those team had LeBron James. We are 0-12 v. LeBron James

Even more unacceptable.  It's not like they've never beat Lebron in a game before.  Just not when it counted in the playoffs.

Heck, even the JJ team of 2009 had a slight excuse for not beating the Cavs back then.  We had a few people with nagging injuries + we were still young.  Last year's team had an excuse because both Korver and Carroll were out + Millsap not 100%.

This year's team had no excuse.

NONE.

Can't even get one damn game because the coach is too stubborn to change up what he does, until it is too late.

• Like 1

LOL at the Bud hate.

First, I would love a Thibs or Pop too, but there isn't one out there.

2nd, 20 teams in the league would love to get Bud as coach.

3rd, he got the most of out this core last season. It's the players period. We are not good enough. Rebuild.

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Those are great trades. Which is why I say, I am all for keeping Jeff but if an attractive offer is on the table, move him. 

Yeah true. Yeah, I could imagine teams probably would want Dennis more after his playoff performance. Hawks should sell high on him. I think Hawks would get low balled on Teague. He'll be an expiring and teams could wait until next summer to sign him.

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He didn't say that. He said Frye and Love together.

That's even worse.

That just shows that Lue was willing to throw a wrinkle at the Hawks, by staying BIG, but instead of the rebounding Thompson, they play the 3 point shooting Frye.

It's still about knowing the personnel on the floor. All Frye does is shoot long 2s and 3s.  Love shoots corner 3s.  Who watches the Cavs and don't know this?

That's why I'd been saying even before the playoffs started, that Humphries HAD to play more, and Millsap had to see spot minutes at the 3.  In this series, Millsap should've seen extended minutes at the 3 vs Lebron, seeing that he's the only one that can come close to guarding him.

You're getting murdered on the boards, and the coach doesn't even want to play his best rebounder with his other bigs, because he's so in love with his non shooting ( and non getting open ) wings?

Unacceptable.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RWF said:

LOL at the Bud hate.

First, I would love a Thibs or Pop too, but there isn't one out there.

2nd, 20 teams in the league would love to get Bud as coach.

3rd, he got the most of out this core last season. It's the players period. We are not good enough. Rebuild.

I've been one of Bud's biggest supporters on here.  Even when most of the fan base were nut hugging Ferry for building this team.

Bud is a tremendous player development coach.  He's just not ready for primetime in the playoffs.  Slow to make adjustments.  Average to sub par as a crunch time play caller.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Yeah true. Yeah, I could imagine teams probably would want Dennis more after his playoff performance. Hawks should sell high on him. I think Hawks would get low balled on Teague. He'll be an expiring and teams could wait until next summer to sign him.

The sell high time on both is this summer. Jeff can be extended this summer as can Dennis. If we are going to sell high on either player, it's this summer.

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I've been one of Bud's biggest supporters on here.  Even when most of the fan base were nut hugging Ferry for building this team.

Bud is a tremendous player development coach.  He's just not ready for primetime in the playoffs.  Slow to make adjustments.  Average to sub par as a crunch time play caller.

Not ready for PT? lol.  And T-Lue is?  Please. The Cavs are just a better team. PERIOD..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

With all of the "Horford had 1 rebound", "KK can't hit the side of a barn", "Teague/Dennis is a turnover machine", "Millsap isn't getting it done" and "We'´re getting killed on the boards"... Well I agree Bud  did a SOMEWHAT good job on this series.

However, as the OP stated, this sweep IS on him. Everytime we had a nice lead, for some reason Bud would get his beloved KK & Baze lineup on the floor in the 4th and guess what?...

Who was gonna hold our lead once the PGs start making their turns and Baze start bricking them all?  We needed Hump and Thabo to be playing the entire 4th quarter, or at the very least they should be closing the games, especially games 3 and 4.

I think Bud has failed us while trying to trade baskets with the Cavs in the 4th. They're A LOT better than us on offense. Instead of trying to outscore them (with Baze and KK, lol), Bud should have tried to hold to the big lead. It was defense and attacking the paint what gave us the leads in the first place, so why would he choose to go to KK and Baze in the 4th? 

We don't have the luxury to repeatedly look at film and what not.  I would venture to say Lue and his staff made some great countermoves to how the Hawks defend.  He already knew the poorly executed doubles on LeBron would decrease signifigantly.

I heard some stat where Love hit 4 2-point shots out of a whole hell of a lot.  The defense didn't allow Kyrie and LeBron to dominate with high percentage paint attempts , which is its main function.  I haven't seen an outlet that has detailed shooting stats by round but I'd venture to say they both shot further away than their average distances from the regular season.

The PNP coverage with Love was embarrassing, but I've cooled a bit.  You usually don't expect Kyrie to make a quick, crisp pass out of doubles.  Paired with the fact Love is the best spacing and positioning Stretch 4 I've ever seen.  If 2 Head Coaches on our bench can't figure it out, hell if I can.  

Traditionally you want teams to shoot threes over paint attempts, especially a team with 2 players so dominant at it.  Bud just kept betting on them missing.  Those odds were much better than them blowing away even the Warriors' best shooting display.  We're seeing the game change on the fly every month it seems.  Even the worst NBA player can't be left open for a three.