• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Vivlamore on 92.9

Wurider05

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

He stated that there were moves that could have been made at the deadline but Bud nixed them.

I find it hard to believe he said this.   I think he probably said "their were moves that could has ben maid but Bud niced then"

• Like 4

One of ya'll listen to that Zack Lowe podcast.  I saw one of the topics was 'blowing up the Hawks'.

Still too raw for me.  I can't listen to some mouth-breathing, ill-informed eggsperts discuss my team and not come away with a mind-numbing headache yet.

This team is not going to get "blown up"...that would be stupid.  Are we within range of beating the "Fighting LeBrons?' ...probably not, nobody else can either.  Are we a solid playoff team that may be able to improve next year?...probably...or at least, possibly.

Thing is - even if you take LeBron and his Hawks' counterpart out of the mix and just think about a 4 on 4 matchup - CLE is still as good (or arguably better) than us.   Granted they wouldn't keep sweeping us without LeBron but they have a lot of talent.   Add in the best player in the Eastern Conference against our borderline SF and....sweep.

1 hour ago, DJlaysitup said:

This team is not going to get "blown up"...that would be stupid.  Are we within range of beating the "Fighting LeBrons?' ...probably not, nobody else can either.  Are we a solid playoff team that may be able to improve next year?...probably...or at least, possibly.

Thing is - even if you take LeBron and his Hawks' counterpart out of the mix and just think about a 4 on 4 matchup - CLE is still as good (or arguably better) than us.   Granted they wouldn't keep sweeping us without LeBron but they have a lot of talent.   Add in the best player in the Eastern Conference against our borderline SF and....sweep.

Maintaining the status quo would also be stupid. Either way, it's gonna look stupid to someone whichever way they go.

I still say drop a cherry bomb into this average toilet. Maybe we'll end up with a fancy bidet! 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mdizzle5 said:

Maintaining the status quo would also be stupid. Either way, it's gonna look stupid to someone whichever way they go.

I still say drop a cherry bomb into this average toilet. Maybe we'll end up with a fancy bidet! 

Well aren't actually "average"...got to the ECF's last year and got to the playoffs this year and won a series - but I did give you a like for using "bidet"  :^)

Realistically...we are pretty good but we need to get younger with quality players we can keep.  Tough to do with a poor draft spot and (for some reason) a town that top-level F/A's don't want to come to.

I dunno.

• Like 1

Yeah, so here  are the facts:

Hawks are a good team.

Hawks can't get past the East as they can't win 1 playoff game against Lebron.

Our Draft position sucks to add potential roster changing players.

Top tier star free agents won't come.

To me it sounds like we need to hit the reset button, but I'm sure there are fans that would like to stay the course in getting swept again next year while other teams improve while getting younger below us in the standings.

• Like 1

I was against rebuilds in the past because we had average coaches but the brand of ball would still be respectful under Bud.  Actually I'm not sure if he can tank, he could've gotten 7 lottery teams to the playoffs this year.  If the owners were to field a Sixers-type roster they'd experience record-breaking attendance lows.

It's clear to see this group maxed out last January.  It was a Haley's Comet-like event, aligning Al and Sap at prime ages, Jeff's and Kyle's career peaks, fully healthy roster, and the novelty of Bud's System for a quick moment in time.  Had the Finals been played then the Hawks would have a banner.  But it wasn't, so they don't.

As we've lamented a million times, the fate of these middle round picks and FA strike outs isn't gonna change.  The 4 True Contenders left (the same ones at the beginning of the year) have 2 drafted studs, period.  It's how you employ top-notch players for a fraction of their worth.  How do I accept Al making more than former league and Finals MVPs?!?!?  I tried to buy the "we can be the Pistons" rhetoric after 2014 but I've wisened.

Edited by benhillboy

Viv is where the saying "consider the source" comes from in reference to Bud nixing one or more trades. No one knew Mack and Holiday would be gone in Feb. Expecting Bud to even hint or leak that type of  information is futile.