• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Word on the block is Atlanta is going to be extremely active on draft night

NBASupes

I saw. Mock draft that had us taking Tyler Ulis with our pick and I just want to say that that would be a blessing. 

If we trade Teague I'd prefer Noel just because his length and defense  would make a huge difference. 

2 minutes ago, AtlHomer said:

What is the source for this?

Just reading around - said Lakers will look to move out of this spot to get a star player, Horford isnt super star but fits for what they want, they need front court help and leadership etc. they want an established player.  plus Horford will make so much money in LA

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Lakers looking to trade out of 2 spot, we can send them Horford, SnT  for that, get INgram - SF solved, send Teague to Sixers for a center,  easy peasy.    

The Lakers are not trading the number 2 pick for Horford under any circumstance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

The Lakers are not trading the number 2 pick for Horford under any circumstance.

Any is an understatement. Horford trade for assets days are over for those who wanted that. 

Whatever just makes sense from what teams are leaking out - I understand the logic here with trades and why and why not.  I dont see another way to get a scorer on the wing without doing something like this though - Ill gladly trade a PG for one but who can we get really with who needs a PG

44 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Whatever just makes sense from what teams are leaking out - I understand the logic here with trades and why and why not.  I dont see another way to get a scorer on the wing without doing something like this though - Ill gladly trade a PG for one but who can we get really with who needs a PG

It's not who needs a PG, it's what Wing is available. Not many for the value that is needed for us.

• Premium Member

For starters, he's an unrestricted free agent and they may have the cap space to sign him outright without trading anything.  Next, he would have to want to go to LA which is a rebuilding situation and at 30 years old, he's not interested in a rebuild.  Lastly, the Lakers would also have to want him enough to part with a pick that COULD net them a star player who COULD one day get them back to championship contention.  Horford has never been and never will be that kind of player.  So I'm pretty confident that the Lakers wouldn't trade a chance at a star player for Horford.

Edited by Jody23
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AtlHomer said:

What is the source for this?

FYI @AtlHomer

Still, the Lakers will actively explore trading the pick. They want to get better as soon as possible—in part to make sure Philadelphia doesn’t get too good of a pick next year when the Lakers’ first-rounder conveys to the 76ers if it’s outside the top three. Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak is also seeking a better blend of youth and experience on the roster. 
 via Bleacher Report

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Everybody excited about the possibilities of trades and rumors of trades - Hopes will be dashed on daft night - We are the Hawks!!!

I'm waiting for us to trade our first rounder for a 2045 second rounder and a second hand suit for Bud.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Everybody excited about the possibilities of trades and rumors of trades - Hopes will be dashed on daft night - We are the Hawks!!!

Why, JBird?  Why?

dislike

No!  Don't listen to her, kg.

Nacho science

Yesh, yesh, we still believe.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is the most accurate typo ever in regard to the Hawks and the draft. Daft. Lol. 

Edited by Mdizzle5

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Bankingitbig said:

I don't see that happening because that trade would have been made already at the deadline. I also don't think Teague has that much value.

Just pointing out that the GM who was in place at the deadline so longer works for the Sixers.  It is a new ballgame for them and they now employ the same guy who not only drafted Andrei Bargnani but gave him a huge extension after his rookie deal.  I'd definitely have the Sixers on speed dial with the number of current and future assets they have lined up and a likely desperation from BC to make an immediate impact on the W/L record.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Just pointing out that the GM who was in place at the deadline so longer works for the Sixers.  It is a new ballgame for them and they now employ the same guy who not only drafted Andrei Bargnani but gave him a huge extension after his rookie deal.  I'd definitely have the Sixers on speed dial with the number of current and future assets they have lined up and a likely desperation from BC to make an immediate impact on the W/L record.

So what you're saying is we might have our new Billy King to make "deals" with? :spank:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

So what you're saying is we might have our new Billy King to make "deals" with? :spank:

Jeff Teague is very good player but this ain't gonna be no Jeff for Noel and two 1st round swaps with Philly. This will be high value for high value.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Believe me, I know. But I have a gut feeling that this time will be different. There's no way we blow three Drafts in a row. NO WAY. And with the way this team got run off the court the last two seasons, I can't see the Hawks just standing pat and thinking the fans will be okay with another WLOC statement after we again fail to attract any big free agents. The Hawks brass should understand by now that they are going to have to use the Draft to get their marquee player. If there are teams willing to trade in the top five, the Hawks absolutely have to get involved. Drafting Taurean Prince and saying, "He's the guy we were targeting the whole time", is not gonna get it this time.

• Like 3

Not even opposed to trading Teague for a big to the sixers - then signing Al and trading Sap for maybe enough that can get us better than we are, wouldnt be easy but we need that wing scorer.  Its sometimes amazing we do as good as we do with the mix of athleticism we have on this team,  Korver, Baze, Scott, Thabo and AL lack some major key athletic traits that we get around,