• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bismack Biyombo proves why the Hawks NEED Dwight Howard.

Hawkmoor

6 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Celtics just basking in first round draft picks..........No way they mess that up.  I really dont believe that Bud is gonna trade up in the draft.

Why would that upset you?  This is a weak draft from 1 on down.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

When the Celtics beat the Hawks during the off season,  you are gonna have to give Ainge his props on this website.......lmao  There is NO WAY the Celtics can mess this up. NO WAY.  I already know what the Hawks gonna do. Resign Al and try and resign Baze and call it a day........lmao.  Check back after the draft and free agency and give Danny his props.

I'll give him his props when he is winning in the post-season - not the offseason.  He has declared victories in the offseason and has done a great job exploiting some idiots in other front offices (cough...King...cough) but it hasn't translated into anything yet and won't until he hits a home run in a trade or with a draft pick.  Until then, the Celtics have trouble signing the top free agents.

Here is Danny watching game 6 against the Hawks.

ainge-sad.jpg

• Premium Member

IF  we decided not to resign Al..

I would first look at Whiteside because he's cheaper... if not him then D12.

I agree.  D12 would be a boost to our defense (if he's healthy).   I think he can also post up on offense.  I think we have to get an answer for teams bulking up and exploiting our lack of size.

2 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

When the Celtics beat the Hawks during the off season

Que.... what in the hell does  beating the Hawks in the offseason mean?

The Bucks won the offseason last year signing Monroe,  how'd  that work out for them this year?

I call this 'shiny new toy' syndrome.

39 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I agree.  D12 would be a boost to our defense (if he's healthy).   I think he can also post up on offense.  I think we have to get an answer for teams bulking up and exploiting our lack of size.

Whiteside is cheaper over a 4 yr deal yes,  but now we have $5 million less in capspace to resign Baze or another SF this offseason.

How much are you paying D12 and for how long? He's  currently making $23 and he's  not getting less. That's  $7 mil less in capspace to sign Baze or another SF.

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Sigh, there you go again with the stealth Dwhine Howard-to-ATL stuff.  You're not getting it past me, D.

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Que.... what in the hell does  beating the Hawks in the offseason mean?

The Bucks won the offseason last year signing Monroe,  how'd  that work out for them this year?

I call this 'shiny new toy' syndrome.

................ boom.

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Sigh, there you go again with the stealth Dwhine Howard-to-ATL stuff.  You're not getting it past me, D.

................ boom.

R u still here? Thought you clocked out for the night lol

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

R u still here? Thought you clocked out for the night lol

Nah, out of town again.  Supposed to be working on some stuff.

lol Biyombo making the money that guys like Harrison Barnes is losing.

Talk about a garbage, soon-to-be-paid player.  Barnes has morphed back into MarvWill 2.4.

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I'm not bashing the idea we need more size up front because that feels like common sense. Rebounding is always critically important in the playoffs. Against the Cavs a handful of rebounds could have made the difference but really the biggest problem I thought was we couldn't hit any shot in the last two minutes of any of those games. Humph would have given us a lot rebounds with more minutes and he doesn't cost twenty plus million. If we did hit just a few shots we would have made it to game seven against the Cavs and very possibly the ECFs right now. D12 or Whiteside are not enough of an answer to put us past the Cavs when it counts most, in the playoffs because who else would we be able to keep or sign (to hit a clutch shot).  As has been said D12 is not likely to sign anything less than 23 million and he can't shoot a shot outside of five feet. Whiteside's stats look nice but you continually read about his coachability and he might cost close to D12 in a bidding war. If I'm wrong about Whiteside then I'll eat the crow due to me in the near future. Anyway I just want us to hit those big time shots in the playoffs and close LeBron out and then enjoy the heck out of it.   

Man, i know im contractually obligated to hate the cRaptors, but man is it fun watching a team actually putting the screws to the Calfs.

Win or lose, they're  atleast playing hard and not all afraid like a certain other team.

ETA: Tyronn like, "But why dey ain't hittin' fifty-leven 3's an' sh*t?"

Edited by kg01

One difference between Atlanta and Toronto is Toronto has shot makers that aren't afraid to take and make shots when they need to hold off a team or get ahead and crunch time. It might be the only reason why Atlanta got swept. While the big physical presence would help, you saw Atlanta's best shot makers in the starting lineup shrink in the games at home in that series in the 4th quarter (Millsap, Teague).

I mean if it weren't for a 22 year old kid that isn't even a starter (yet?), that series would have looked a heck of a lot uglier than it was, and that's where you start and end with how wrong things are. The role guys looked more comfortable in that series than the starters the Hawks need to rely on the most. That's sad. The starters never felt like they could win in that series from the start, so some of them were like, why fight? Saw much more fight from the younger players.

• Premium Member

We are NOT better than Toronto. We absolutely need to get more firepower and rebounding on this team. Oh, and we got to get some toughness from somewhere, because I've been watching the Hawks for so long, I forgot what toughness looked like. THIS is what the ECF is supposed to be.

• Like 2

Just now, hawkman said:

We are NOT better than Toronto. We absolutely need to get more firepower and rebounding on this team. Oh, and we got to get some toughness from somewhere, because I've been watching the Hawks for so long, I forgot what toughness looked like. THIS is what the ECF is supposed to be.

We out rebounded Cleveland in 3 out of 4 games. Firepower is unquestionable.  We don't have a single player who can score on one on ones like Toronto does outside of our PG's. Korver can't. Tim can't. Bazemore can't. Sap and Horford can't. We need a #1 option 

He definately deserves a bench player overpay a la Kanter.  I can't see him leaving Toronto, especially with a fellow African running the show.  There has been little discussion about his FA relative to the usual player who makes a name for himself in the playoffs.  As stated earlier, on the flip side Barnes' stock is torpedoing.