• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How bad does the league want Cleveland vs. G.S. ?

Diesel

8 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I just cannot fathom how JR Smith and company shot 3's like they were lay ups against us and they absolutely sucked tonight. I realize the Warriors are obviously better than us defensively, but by that much?

Against us it didn't feel like J.R. even had to look at the basket until we put Thabo on him. Wish he had saved his hot streak for some pick up games and not torturing us early in our series. 

Wanted to give props to Livingston for last night. For a player most thought had been done from that third year knee injury he had it is pretty amazing that he is so important to a championship team now. His work ethic must really be off the charts and now we all see the fruit of his labor. Good for him.   

• Like 3

21 hours ago, kg01 said:

Can't lie, it's fun watching the GS bench run circles 'round the Cavs starters.

It's ok to root for Livingston and Barbosa ... right?

Both those guys are a feel good story though very different and like you said it's fun watching the LeBrendas not handle the floor against the Warriors. Who would (most all of us) not pull against LeBron right now? I'm guessing that thirty first team the league doesn't have yet.  

I know I should apologize beforehand so I am, I am really freaking sorry because some red wine may be talking a bit. The Warriors are beyond irritating to listen to or view interview clips of but the players whether big time stars or not did not go out and buy a damn team. The NBA has has gone beyond letting MJ hop before he puts the ball on the floor while selling shoes, and as much as I despise Danny Ainge he is a GM doing his job whether creating the big three, fleecing another GM or something else, but somehow now a single player dictates what an owner, GM,  other players and league do and it is every day business in todays NBA. Not sure how I could dislike a player more because he has made sure his "brand" has become as big a catalyst as the league itself.. LeBron's brand. This was an actual straight competitive sport at one time with lesser flaws and now we are fighting PR skills of a single player to compete even in the East alone. It's rough being a Hawks homer sometimes.        

• Like 1

LeBron and Horf reenergized my fandom of the NBA after the Hawks Dark Years so I can't kill the guy too tough.  I take issue with him popping sh$t about Kawhi and Steph working their butts off for regular season awards he feels entitled to when he's a shell of his former self by corporate design.

Edited by benhillboy

26 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

LeBron and Horf reenergized my fandom of the NBA after the Hawks Dark Years so I can't kill the guy too tough.  I take issue with him popping sh$t about Kawhi and Steph working their butts off for regular season awards he feels entitled to when he's a shell of his former self by corporate design.

Funny because Kawhi and Steph both have championship trophies as well as the regular season awards. Anyway, I really feel that my NBA anger management issues would improve dramatically if LeBron was in the Western Conference.  

I'm not calling thangs just yet.  Learned my lesson with the Spurs v OKC after game 1.

However, the fat lady's gargling in her trailer right now.

Lue has been flat out awful so far.  David Blatt is laughing his arse off.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'm not calling thangs just yet.  Learned my lesson with the Spurs v OKC after game 1.

However, the fat lady's gargling in her trailer right now.

Lue has been flat out awful so far.  David Blatt is laughing his arse off.

It's over. Warrior in 4.

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is this a reverse jinx?

It's a reverse-jinx along the same lines as when I was trying to reverse-jinx the Cavs against us.

11 hours ago, Lurker said:

The East outside of Cleveland is just embarrassing. It's a sea of okay teams. This series so far should put it on a showcase how so far away most Eastern teams are from being a legit contender.

I don't think the gap is that wide at all.  The rest of the West isn't nearly as scary as the Flagship Team suggests right now.  The East's winning percentage versus the West was respectable at .485 and the highest in 5 years.  This with SA and GS losing once a month.

The Warriors are defying any explanation right now, crushing the Finals with the league MVP playing marginally on the offensive end (excellent defensuvely, though). The league will catch up soon, I think.  But not a second before they realize that even with the exploding cap your team should be littered with good to great players who all take pride in their defense, making much less than their true market value suggests.  

I think the assist-and-defense based teams (Celtics, Hawks, Spurs) are the teams to at least come close to breaking through, only if they all retool and have excellent off-seasons this summer.  Klay Thompson and Draymond just stated that OKC's length drove them crazy.  Someone just has to step up and combine that with the passing and defensive intensity that OKC lacked.  

I'm starting to think Kerr convinced all those dudes to sell their souls to the devil or some sh&t.  You can't have a basketball answer for every damn thing that usually has nothing to do with physicality.  But they do.

Edited by benhillboy

16 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I don't think the gap is that wide at all.  The rest of the West isn't nearly as scary as the Flagship Team suggests right now.  The East's winning percentage versus the West was respectable at .485 and the highest in 5 years.  This with SA and GS losing once a month.

The Warriors are defying any explanation right now, crushing the Finals with the league MVP playing marginally on the offensive end (excellent defensuvely, though). The league will catch up soon, I think.  But not a second before they realize that even with the exploding cap your team should be littered with good to great players who all take pride in their defense, making much less than their true market value suggests.  

I think the assist-and-defense based teams (Celtics, Hawks, Spurs) are the teams to at least come close to breaking through, only if they all retool and have excellent off-seasons this summer.  Klay Thompson and Draymond just stated that OKC's length drove them crazy.  Someone just has to step up and combine that with the passing and defensive intensity that OKC lacked.  

I'm starting to think Kerr convinced all those dudes to sell their souls to the devil or some sh&t.  You can't have a basketball answer for every damn thing that usually has nothing to do with physicality.  But they do.

I think the mid-low tier teams are comparable.  The West's bottom 3 are worse than the East's.  That's why the regular season records will be close (relatively).  Where the gap has reached Grand Canyon status is between the top teams.  The West top 3 completely outclasses the East's.

That's what @Lurker (the knee-jerker, hehe) is referring to IIUC.  No one from the East is a contender.  CLE looks like one when placed on the backdrop of the limited East teams.  The reality is they're overrated and untested.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is this a reverse jinx?

Not really. I just think the Cavs can't match up with the Warriors. Not even enough to win 1 game. I think we stood more of a chance of winning one game against the Cavs than the Cavs have of winning against the Warriors. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 5/31/2016 at 2:47 PM, kg01 said:
On 5/31/2016 at 2:23 PM, macdaddy said:

I hate to say it but it's hard for me to see GS beating the Cavs this year.      The Cavs are a much better team than they were last year.   Although they didn't have much resistance getting to the finals.     If the Warriors are going to win the series it's important to shake the Cavs confidence early.  

Did you see what TOR did to them in games 3 and 4?  That TOR team?  Like any other front-running bully, when that Cavs team hit the slightest bit of resistance they folded like a dollar-store lawn chair.

The defense and hustle the replacements played with for them last Finals is being vastly underrated.  Vastly.  No, they're not better players but what they brought to the table meant more to them than folks are willing to admit.

Also, just who is emoLove gonna guard this series?  I'll wait.  On the flip side, he'll have an actual PF-sized wing running him off his 3.

And if that wasn't enough for you, Leeborn will have another coaching mismatch as he matches wits with Kerr again.  Oh, and I'm sure Lue will look smart in his JC Penney's suit and Buster Browns on the sidelines.

Worryers in 6 just 'cause the league will suspend Graymond for game 1 to make it interesting.

@kg01 .   I hate the Cavs and was bummed they won and even more mad when i remembered that this post that i started probably cinched it.   But your reply jinxed it for the Cavs.   And we have the answer to the question 'who is Love going to guard?'   Answer: "no one, and it won't matter".

You were right about Lue though.   On the JC Penny and Buster Brown front.   And geez have you ever seen a coach sit and cry tears of joy for 5 minutes and no one on the team even acknowledged he was there?   

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 5/31/2016 at 2:47 PM, kg01 said:
On 5/31/2016 at 2:23 PM, macdaddy said:

I hate to say it but it's hard for me to see GS beating the Cavs this year.      The Cavs are a much better team than they were last year.   Although they didn't have much resistance getting to the finals.     If the Warriors are going to win the series it's important to shake the Cavs confidence early.  

Did you see what TOR did to them in games 3 and 4?  That TOR team?  Like any other front-running bully, when that Cavs team hit the slightest bit of resistance they folded like a dollar-store lawn chair.

The defense and hustle the replacements played with for them last Finals is being vastly underrated.  Vastly.  No, they're not better players but what they brought to the table meant more to them than folks are willing to admit.

Also, just who is emoLove gonna guard this series?  I'll wait.  On the flip side, he'll have an actual PF-sized wing running him off his 3.

And if that wasn't enough for you, Leeborn will have another coaching mismatch as he matches wits with Kerr again.  Oh, and I'm sure Lue will look smart in his JC Penney's suit and Buster Browns on the sidelines.

Worryers in 6 just 'cause the league will suspend Graymond for game 1 to make it interesting.

@kg01 .   I hate the Cavs and was bummed they won and even more mad when i remembered that this post that i started probably cinched it.   But your reply jinxed it for the Cavs.   And we have the answer to the question 'who is Love going to guard?'   Answer: "no one, and it won't matter".

You were right about Lue though.   On the JC Penny and Buster Brown front.   And geez have you ever seen a coach sit and cry tears of joy for 5 minutes and no one on the team even acknowledged he was there?   

37 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Haha.  I'm taking no blame for this one, sir.  Hawkmoor gets it all for his "Lebron's done" thread.

And no, I've never seen a coach cry like that.  In fact, I didn't even see cLueless crying since, as soon as it was clear they'd win, I disavowed all knowledge of the NBA.  I not only turned off the TV, I unplugged it and the cable box.  I took the batteries out of the remote and went to sleep.  The NBA doesn't exist to me until draft night and even then I won't watch about 97% of it since it'll be all about "how many ways can I praise Lebron but pretend to be talking about some other team?" all night.

Yeah, I got my 'bitter beer face' on right now.